ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Permabanned
Seems I have a warm reception awaiting me!

Firstly I'd like to say that any criticism aimed at OcUK/Andrew is totally unjustified. From what I can see he has been giving up to date, correct information.

Stock of the RIVBE has been very, very limited (Captain Obvious), not just to OcUK, but everywhere in the UK and the rest of Europe as matter of fact.

I'm going to inquire to see what the latest on this situation is and let you all know asap. Apologies for the frankly abysmal levels of stock available.

Totally unacceptable if im honest, you can ship lots of motherboard to USA and AUS but hardly any to the UK...? Newegg just had a shipment a few days ago of 500 both to its American and Canadian store. There was also many more units allocated to Europe than there are to the UK, what the reasons for Boycotting the UK, i would like to hear them....?

Yet there only coming into the UK in batches of less than 10 units? Thats unacceptable and the only reason for this is that Asus simply do not care about the UK market compared to other parts of the world.

Many people on here have contacted Asus constantly on Facebook,Twitter, Official Website and NOTHING is heard. Its as if Asus just dont care, well thats fine cause myself and many others will take our business elsewhere.

Just because you have come in here and said a few words dont does not make things OK. People have had these boards on pre-order since September and OCUK have been asking you for 100 units of stock but you have failed to provide. Yet you can send over 1000 units to the USA and AUS. You have also failed to send any board to any other UK retailer apart from OCUK, why is this? It seems to me that you simply dont give a damn about the UK.

I really hope EVGA bring out a killer board for Haswell -E and now that Shamino will be going from Asus i can only see things going down hill from here for Asus, i mean your customer and RMA service is not great and your only adding nails to your coffin by what has happened here.
Infact i will be posting this thread over at the EVGA forum so they are aware that many customers are not happy with Asus so they can take advantage of it.
Its Christmas and many people want to have one of these boards for xmas and youve basically let them all down especially people who have pre-ordered for months.

Major fail by Asus, im sorry but everything i have said is true and it needs somebody to speak the truth and put the facts across.

Regards.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems I have a warm reception awaiting me!

Firstly I'd like to say that any criticism aimed at OcUK/Andrew is totally unjustified. From what I can see he has been giving up to date, correct information.

Stock of the RIVBE has been very, very limited (Captain Obvious), not just to OcUK, but everywhere in the UK and the rest of Europe as matter of fact.

I'm going to inquire to see what the latest on this situation is and let you all know asap. Apologies for the frankly abysmal levels of stock available.

If you can help us out it would be appreciated, all we want is the same treatment as the rest of the world after all were all ASUS customers after all.

Nice to have you on the forums Mr. Orange

Associate
Build is progressing:

xx96.jpg

Damn you and Pictures of Goodness :p lol gratz, h100 in a 900d cheap skate :p lol is your ram in the wright slots seems you have from left 1,3 and on right 2,4? nvm I just looked at online manual seems that's the way to do it lol (taking mental notes)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Damn you and Pictures of Goodness :p lol gratz, h100 in a 900d cheap skate :p lol is your ram in the wright slots seems you have from left 1,3 and on right 2,4? nvm I just looked at online manual seems that's the way to do it lol (taking mental notes)

It's a H110 with a 280 radiator with four 140mm fans and memory is fine. :)

Associate
"Your order has been shipped " !!! :D:D:D:D

Want to publically thank Andrew, after all the hassle he has had, for the help he has given me here and via the customer service board today to get my lost order out from a very dark corner of the warehouse and actually onto the van.

So for those still waiting - I think we worked out I was 7th in the order list.

Now just an anxious wait that DPD overnight don't let me down :eek:

Sgarrista
Commissario
Totally unacceptable if im honest, you can ship lots of motherboard to USA and AUS but hardly any to the UK...? Newegg just had a shipment a few days ago of 500 both to its American and Canadian store. There was also many more units allocated to Europe than there are to the UK, what the reasons for Boycotting the UK, i would like to hear them....?

Yet there only coming into the UK in batches of less than 10 units? Thats unacceptable and the only reason for this is that Asus simply do not care about the UK market compared to other parts of the world.

Many people on here have contacted Asus constantly on Facebook,Twitter, Official Website and NOTHING is heard. Its as if Asus just dont care, well thats fine cause myself and many others will take our business elsewhere.

Just because you have come in here and said a few words dont does not make things OK. People have had these boards on pre-order since September and OCUK have been asking you for 100 units of stock but you have failed to provide. Yet you can send over 1000 units to the USA and AUS. You have also failed to send any board to any other UK retailer apart from OCUK, why is this? It seems to me that you simply dont give a damn about the UK.

I really hope EVGA bring out a killer board for Haswell -E and now that Shamino will be going from Asus i can only see things going down hill from here for Asus, i mean your customer and RMA service is not great and your only adding nails to your coffin by what has happened here.
Infact i will be posting this thread over at the EVGA forum so they are aware that many customers are not happy with Asus so they can take advantage of it.
Its Christmas and many people want to have one of these boards for xmas and youve basically let them all down especially people who have pre-ordered for months.

Major fail by Asus, im sorry but everything i have said is true and it needs somebody to speak the truth and put the facts across.

Regards.

Take note Mr Orange...

Associate

Want to publically thank Andrew, after all the hassle he has had, for the help he has given me here and via the customer service board today to get my lost order out from a very dark corner of the warehouse and actually onto the van.

Congratz mints now all I can do is hope that ASUS send 20 or so boards and myorder will be done lol come on lucky 17 lol

Associate
Hi just checked my order and it hasn't been shipped, Andrew could you confirm please if the one from the 2nd Oct had also shipped as mine was at 12:10am on the 2nd so if not have I missed the boat this time?

Associate

Mint did you post in the order queries section to get you order checked?

Associate
I read that the mobo can use up to 2600MHz OC RAM which makes that possible and expensive with the Corsair Platinum, really suites the style with the reference cooler and 3-way PRO SLI bridge.

What RAM are others using on this SB:E mobo and has anyone reached 3000MHz yet which Haswell is capable of on Z87X-OC Force and others?

Permabanned
Cosimo i cant beleive you buy all that high-end hardware and put a crappy corsair AIO cooler on it. Totally ruins it man! I mean juts look at it.... Go custom water and do water properly!

Associate
So then, Mr Orange, what are our hopes? what is going on? should we be looking for a different board if we want to build a rig this year? i ordered in mid November, expecting there to be a nice big batch of boards arriving at some point, but with the dribbles that have been arriving, it might take months to get to my place in the queue..
not something i am willing to do tbh.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I read that the mobo can use up to 2600MHz OC RAM which makes that possible and expensive with the Corsair Platinum, really suites the style with the reference cooler and 3-way PRO SLI bridge.

What RAM are others using on this SB:E mobo and has anyone reached 3000MHz yet which Haswell is capable of on Z87X-OC Force and others?

3000 quad is easy with MFR but perf is guff!!!

The best RAM for this kinda set up 24/7 is Samsung IC 2600 C10

Last edited:
Associate
3000 quad is easy with MFR but perf is guff!!!

The best RAM for this kinda set up 24/7 is Samsung IC 2600 C10

Thanks for the reply 8Pack :) I normally go for affordable midrange performance RAM with some room to push for benchmarks, the TeamGroup Xtreem LV "Frost Edition" 2666MHz C11 seems to fit that niche well.

Timings of 11-13-13 with Hynix IC settings should be fine for gaming and rendering at that speed, maybe step back to 2600MHz 10-12-12 Samsung IC settings for gaming at 1T. The tall heatsink is no problem because I'm going for a custom loop and should take of excess heat at that speed and remain stable at 1.65v. Taking your advise about SuperFlower 1200W capabilities and waiting til stock arrives next week, really should have been named SuperPower :D

First time with LGA2011 (once I received mine) and the huge amount of tweaking possibilities is great if a little overwhelming as even Tom Logan himself admits freely and excels being pushed hard, 4930K better be up to the challenge too.

Back
Top Bottom