The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Permabanned
I've tried it, wasn't impressed.
If people compared none downsampled images (or even downsampled, that'd just highlight the issue more) between a maxed out Witcher 2 and 3, no compression. I'd be surprised if there was much difference.

I'm going to leave it till I complete Gta, so far Gta 5 has been worth the money, the production quality is epic. Witcher 3 has come off with a worse impression because of that though

TBF although I really have no real idea but I would think R* would have a much bigger team and a much bigger budget and could take all the time in the world without any pressure.

Caporegime
But CDP had something better two years ago, and clearly label their videos "In game".

All i'm seeing is people suddenly dropping their standards and turning the cheek.

I don't deny the game will be epic (although I'm finding some gameplay stuff a bit too arcadey. Lol @ jumping). But people's attitude towards this will only further lead to decline of production quality.

Soldato
Can anyone that's using a Radeon 7950 advise on the best AA and AO setup to use with these cards (as in which method for both)? Is it best to configure these settings through the game or to force it through the CCC?

Soldato
Ok since enough people are having trouble with installing my profile here's a mini installation guide.

1. Go to www.reshade.me and download the Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 pack
2. Unzip and copy the sweetfx folder, reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files to the witcher exe directory in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
3. Rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll
4. Delete SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder.
5. Download my settings here http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/
6. Rename the settings file to SweetFX_Settings and copy it into the sweetfx folder in the game directory.

Currently the toggle function isn't working but should be fixed in the next reshade update.

Cheers for that never used sweetfx before so its all new to me.

Also regarding the mouse movement and player movement im having the same problems think ill try a controller later and see if its any better.

Soldato
Anyone else constantly getting controls switching between kb and mouse and controller? Trying to use a ds4 and it works perfectly but every few seconds it twlls me i switched to gamepad in the bottom left

Soldato
Turn on the hardware cursor option in graphics settings, seems to smooth the mouse right out, at least for me anyway.

Must admit I struggled with the intro climbing down ladders a little. Will give this a go.

What FPS are you getting Witcher? Am I the only one but this feels smooth @ 35/40FPS, maybe due to the fact it doesn't often drop below 35 due to the TX being solid, not sure whether to get another though or be happy with what it's pulling.

Last edited:
Associate
Yh the game looks pretty fantastic tbh, everything maxed 1440p. These screenies are using my sweetfx profile which can be found here (including interactive comparison shots):

1. Go to www.reshade.me and download the Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 pack
2. Unzip and copy the sweetfx folder, reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files to the witcher exe directory in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
3. Rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll
4. Delete SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder.
5. Download my settings here http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/
6. Rename the settings file to SweetFX_Settings and copy it into the sweetfx folder in the game directory.

One more time, top post mate. Thanks for the guide and fantastic settings. After all this whining for dozens of pages about the graphic downgrade, finally we have someone who can contribute something:)

Permabanned
Must admit I struggled with the intro climbing down ladders a little. Will give this a go.

What FPS are you getting Witcher? Am I the only one but this feels smooth @ 35/40FPS, maybe due to the fact it doesn't often drop below 35 due to the TX being solid, not sure whether to get another though or be happy with what it's pulling.

You are on a higher res them me, 1920x1080. But I am getting between 55-70 fps in the first village atm with these settings. Single 980 SC version, not done much fast horse riding so might drop lower, not sure yet.

Q7wo23I.png
70qqbyO.png
9U0bhtN.png
ycHpMj7.png
n83RVsC.jpg

Good enough for me. If I set Foliage range to ultra instead of high I lose 10fps right away so keeping it on High.

Associate
But CDP had something better two years ago, and clearly label their videos "In game".

All i'm seeing is people suddenly dropping their standards and turning the cheek.

I don't deny the game will be epic (although I'm finding some gameplay stuff a bit too arcadey. Lol @ jumping). But people's attitude towards this will only further lead to decline of production quality.

How much did you pay for it?

I ask because I only paid £14 and I feel that kinda removes my right to complain lol :)

Associate

God stop moaning. People are over this now.

Back
Top Bottom