The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
How much did you pay for it?

I ask because I only paid £14 and I feel that kinda removes my right to complain lol :)

Well I got it for free with the card, so no complaining as well. IMHO, with HBAO+, HairWorks, everything on ultra and proper sweetfx profile, the game looks almost the same as they showed couple of years ago.

Soldato
You are on a higher res them me, 1920x1080. But I am getting between 55-70 fps in the first village atm with these settings. Single 980 SC version, not done much fast horse riding so might drop lower, not sure yet.

Good enough for me. If I set Foliage range to ultra instead of high I lose 10fps right away so keeping it on High.

My 35/40 FPS is benched in FRAPs with a horse sprinting through the forest so mostly the slowest I shall see in game. Will give Foliage a go see if I get a little boost, also reading the Nvidia guide Shadows on Ultra are quite a hit as well and not a lot of difference from medium setting. I hate turning settings down though.

I take it from your screen shot your not using AA either?

Soldato
You are on a higher res them me, 1920x1080. But I am getting between 55-70 fps in the first village atm with these settings. Single 980 SC version, not done much fast horse riding so might drop lower, not sure yet.

Q7wo23I.png
70qqbyO.png
9U0bhtN.png
ycHpMj7.png
n83RVsC.jpg

Good enough for me. If I set Foliage range to ultra instead of high I lose 10fps right away so keeping it on High.

Do you think it'll run decently on a 4790k/970 at 1512mhz using your settings? I don't know how much slower my GPU is than a 980 and I'll only have time to test it later but I don't want to tinker with the settings for too long:p I've read some settings are pretty worthess on ultra and bring nothing new to the game except an obvious performance hit (just like in most games, lol).

Permabanned
My 35/40 FPS is benched in FRAPs with a horse sprinting through the forest so mostly the slowest I shall see in game. Will give Foliage a go see if I get a little boost, also reading the Nvidia guide Shadows on Ultra are quite a hit as well and not a lot of difference from medium setting. I hate turning settings down though.

I take it from your screen shot your not using AA either?

AA is on with in game settings, you should get a FPS boost with foliage on high its a 10fps hit for me. Correct about shadows as well it seem's, I can't tell the difference at all for the FPS hit you get lol. I have noticed with MSi afterburner the screenshots it produces for this game are not as good as the game is on screen. Fraps will give you a FPS hit as well won't it? I always find that knocks a few FPS off compared to afterburner, normally.

Do you think it'll run decently on a 4790k/970 at 1512mhz using your settings? I don't know how much slower my GPU is than a 980 and I'll only have time to test it later but I don't want to tinker with the settings for too long:p I've read some settings are pretty worthess on ultra and bring nothing new to the game except an obvious performance hit (just like in most games, lol).

No idea about your CPU m8, mine is a [email protected], GPU wise this will give you a very rough idea:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-980-vs-GeForce-GTX-970

In other words not much in it at all, probs about 5fps difference.

EDIT: So many typos.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok since enough people are having trouble with installing my profile here's a mini installation guide.

1. Go to www.reshade.me and download the Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 pack
2. Unzip and copy the sweetfx folder, reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files to the witcher exe directory in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
3. Rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll
4. Delete SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder.
5. Download my settings here http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/
6. Rename the settings file to SweetFX_Settings and copy it into the sweetfx folder in the game directory.

Currently the toggle function isn't working but should be fixed in the next reshade update.

Thanks mate, can this kind of stuff get added to the OP or should we create a separate thread?

Soldato
One more time, top post mate. Thanks for the guide and fantastic settings. After all this whining for dozens of pages about the graphic downgrade, finally we have someone who can contribute something:)

No problem

Thanks mate, can this kind of stuff get added to the OP or should we create a separate thread?

I updated my original post with these instructions too. Don't think it's worth a separate thread but if OP wants to add, the post link is below.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28056884&postcount=2236

Permabanned
Associate
They're posting screenshots from the 2013 version on their official facebook page along with the announcement that it has been released...

Untitled_1.png

Back
Top Bottom