The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
The cutscenes have a 30fps cap. Theres an ini file that has ubersampling enabled and 30fps max for cutscenes. I presume you can just change that to 60fps and take ubersampling off.

Soldato
For anyone with stuttering cutscenes do this...worked perfectly for me.

Go into your witcher 3 folder..then bin...then config...then base.

Open up the visual.ini in notepad.

Change movie framefrate to 60.0 and movie ubersampling to false.

Soldato
Hi mate how do you install that sweetfx? Is this right?

glxcQ2i.png

I see no difference when I load the game up, am I doing something wrong? :D

Have you downloaded sweetfx 2.0 with reshade? Run the reshade exe and pick thewitcher3 exe. Then in the sweetfx folder it creates in the Witcher 3 directory copy over the sweetfx preset. Make sure it is named the same as the dummy one in the folder, SweetFX_preset (overwrite it) and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised at how well this runs on my meagre 570. Comfortably getting a 30fps lock on medium settings (which still looks pretty good) at 1080p. Even more surprising is that installing the new drivers had a noticable performance impact on such an old card. On the previous drivers it was regularly banging up against 100% usage, the fans were cranking up to 2400RPM and temps were at 74. Installed the new ones and usage is lower at a max of 89%, the fans are only hitting 1800RPM and temps are at 71. Doesn't seem to need much VRAM either, at least for the medium textures. It's only using ~950MB.

Soldato
Havent got time to give it ago yet, but how do you think it will run on my pc (see sig)

Don't forget to "purchase" the free dlc, just done it on gog galaxy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom