The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Anyone know where I can download the day 1 patch? Still waiting for my retail copy but wanna get everything downloaded ready

You can download it from the cdpr site, someone posted a link earlier

How big is the day 1 patch out of curiosity and is it downloading at a decent speed? Hopefully the servers aren't getting hammered when I get home in a few hours lol.

Its just over 300mb, so not huge :)

Soldato
Steady 60fps on my 970 most settings high/ultra apart from shadow quality as when I looked on the nvidia guide last night couldnt really tell a difference will look into it more later on.

Glad they have changed the way you climb as pressing X was doing my head in on witcher 2. Just need to get used to the controls as ill play this on K+M first I think set on the 2nd to last difficulty.

Now regarding people using sweetfx I think im going to give it a shot using it using the preset a few posts back only problem I have is I cant find the witcher3.exe anywhere when I search for it any ideas my games from gog btw

Soldato
Low-Medium, on 2500k with 780 GTX at 2560 x 1080. 35 - 50 FPS, indoors is the latter, outside is mostly 35 - 44, little disappointing, thought I would at least get 60 on medium giving the minimum and recommended specs.

Edit: Okay up to Medium - High at generally 40+ FPS. The GeForce Experience optimisation doesn't really work that well for me. It says I should be on pretty much Low with some Medium settings which gave me 35 - 40 outdoors. I've manually done the settings in game and I'm getting 40 - 60 FPS, mostly mid 40's outside or in the first town, with much higher settings that the program said I should be using.... which seems weird. Happy with the current settings but I think a computer upgrade is on the horizon for me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did people's standards suddenly just slip? It doesn't look that good at all. Sure. In an image that's downsampled and taking with good light contrast, it can look Okay, that's like all games.

A maxed out Witcher 2 will probably look almost as good in a ton of scenes.

Soldato
Ok since enough people are having trouble with installing my profile here's a mini installation guide.

1. Go to www.reshade.me and download the Reshade + Sweetfx 2.0 pack
2. Unzip and copy the sweetfx folder, reshade64.dll, reshade.fx and sweetfx.fx files to the witcher exe directory in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64
3. Rename reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll
4. Delete SweetFX_Settings file in the sweetfx folder.
5. Download my settings here http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3696/
6. Rename the settings file to SweetFX_Settings and copy it into the sweetfx folder in the game directory.

Currently the toggle function isn't working but should be fixed in the next reshade update.

Caporegime
Are you playing it? I think in game it looks stunning.

I've tried it, wasn't impressed.
If people compared none downsampled images (or even downsampled, that'd just highlight the issue more) between a maxed out Witcher 2 and 3, no compression. I'd be surprised if there was much difference.

I'm going to leave it till I complete Gta, so far Gta 5 has been worth the money, the production quality is epic. Witcher 3 has come off with a worse impression because of that though

Associate
Running game maxed out on 970sli.

If I use vsync frame rate stays at 45fps, without vsync it locks at a solid 60fps with no screen tearing. Which is great, BUT at 60fps with no dips in game it feels like it is running at at a much lower frame rate. Really not smooth at all, also it is crashing every 30mins.

Associate
Just a random screen. Mixture of high & ultra. Getting a very steady 40fps with my 7950.

<screenshot fail lol, got to go to work too pfft>

Last edited:
Associate
Running game maxed out on 970sli.

If I use vsync frame rate stays at 45fps, without vsync it locks at a solid 60fps with no screen tearing. Which is great, BUT at 60fps with no dips in game it feels like it is running at at a much lower frame rate. Really not smooth at all, also it is crashing every 30mins.
What res?
I think I'll use adaptive V-Sync.

Associate
I've tried it, wasn't impressed.
If people compared none downsampled images (or even downsampled, that'd just highlight the issue more) between a maxed out Witcher 2 and 3, no compression. I'd be surprised if there was much difference.

I'm going to leave it till I complete Gta, so far Gta 5 has been worth the money, the production quality is epic. Witcher 3 has come off with a worse impression because of that though

Bye then.

Back
Top Bottom