£10,000 And I Don't Want It!! Arrghhhh!

Soldato
He gave you it as a gift no ties and said it made him happy to know he was making someone else happy, take it in the spirit it was offered if roles were reversed how would you feel if he refused it :)

Soldato
Wow. So you're offered money from a well-off friend, people are struggling to even make that in a year and you're thinking of NOT taking it. Jesus. You must be minted.

Worst "I'm rich and have rich friends" thread ever.

Soldato
Is your friendship for sale?

I would bury bodies for my friends, and for this reason I pick them very carefully.

I would find it very hard to keep the cash and avoid the feeling of owing this guy something.

Give him a call and talk it over, If he insists there is always the option of donating it to a charitable cause you both agree with. You both get the good feeling from helping others in need and he gets the knowledge that you can not be brought and if he is to re-kindle the friendships he cant just do it with a cheque.

I see where you are coming from but i totally disagree. If rich friend wanted to give to charity he would have and perhaps does do so. He wants to give it to the OP.

Obviously if the guy is coming across like a flash harry and throwing his cash around showing his wealth then i get the idea of telling him to do one. To me it just seems like a nice thing hes doing though, just based on the way the OP tells it.

Soldato
If you dont want it either give it to a charity or invest it or maybe take your family and his family on a holiday sometime, or take a trip down his with the money. Buy into ocuk :p as last resort. :D

Soldato
Put it in a bond for the kids maybe, personally I wouldn't want to cash it for myself but wouldn't mind doing it if I had kids and they'd benefit.

Soldato
OP obviously just wants to brag that he has been given 10K.

If you really don't want it then donate it to charity and give us proof that you have done so.

Man of Honour
Accept it, your friend wants you to have it, and it is not going to cause him any hardship for you to have it.

It's no different to someone working helping out a student (something I've done several times), where you can easily give someone an amount that is significant to them, but inconsequential to you.

Caporegime
Invest the money in shares in his company then you've sort of given it back to him as well as kept it for yourself. If his company does well you can give the money back and keep the profit but if it fails he'll be to blame.

Back
Top Bottom