• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10GB vram enough for the 3080? Discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So what did we decide after 209 pages?

I'm in the no camp mostly based on the price. If you can get an FE for MSRP then yeah its a decent card and you should be delighted but once your're paying £1k plus for it I would feel a little cheated with "only 10GB" Just my opinion.

Soldato

I'm in the no camp mostly based on the price. If you can get an FE for MSRP then yeah its a decent card and you should be delighted but once your're paying £1k plus for it I would feel a little cheated with "only 10GB" Just my opinion.
Probably means nothing as all the cards sell out regardless of vram

Soldato

If you keep your card for 7 months then 10GB will be fine. If you want to keep your card for longer then it will be an issue.

Soldato

If you're paying 1k plus you should be feeling cheated regardless :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Very few games are being released, in the last year, and next year I would think the same so 10GB VRAM is plenty for next 2/3years.

By the time there are a handful of games released worth playing we will be on next gen cards that will have more vram anyways. I have yet to still see a single game worth playing that needs more than 10gb and we are probably not far of half the life cycle of this gen of cards.

No doubt someone that does not understand the difference between allocated and actual used vram will reply :p

Permabanned
By the time there are a handful of games released worth playing we will be on next gen cards that will have more vram anyways. I have yet to still see a single game worth playing that needs more than 10gb and we are probably not far of half the life cycle of this gen of cards.

No doubt someone that does not understand the difference between allocated and actual used vram will reply :p

24GB VRAM for gaming at at moment to me is a waste of memory as no game I have, uses it. But let's see what new games come out and their requirements.

Last edited:
Associate

Indeed, before we know it a new range of cards will be released. This thread is already close to a year old already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom