• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10GB vram enough for the 3080? Discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Now to be fair it really is hard to see the benefits of 4k textures there, the video is only 1080p which doesnt help of course. 1080p on youtube gives a really crappy codec so should have been at least 1440p for such a video. But this is probably the first game I have seen where highest quality textures might not be worth it.
Personally I prefer the image on the left.

Soldato
I went with a second-hand 3080 TUF OC still with warranty, paid 490£ for it so 10GB will have to do:p Wanted to look for a 3080Ti from Zotac or Palit but I preferred the amazing cooling performance of Asus and couldn't find a 3080Ti TUF for a decent price anyways. I'll sell my 2070S and it should be a worthwile upgrade.

I don't think 3080Ti will last much longer than a 3080 10GB anyways and at least this way I didn't give a penny to nVidia and won't have to worry about the market situation or whether RDNA3 can deliver.

Worst case, I'll sell it in a year, lose some money and upgrade but I'll probably keep it for a long while.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I went with a second-hand 3080 TUF OC still with warranty, paid 490£ for it so 10GB will have to do:p Wanted to look for a 3080Ti from Zotac or Palit but I preferred the amazing cooling performance of Asus and couldn't find a 3080Ti TUF for a decent price anyways. I'll sell my 2070S and it should be a worthwile upgrade.

I don't think 3080Ti will last much longer than a 3080 10GB anyways and at least this way I didn't give a penny to nVidia and won't have to worry about the market situation or whether RDNA3 can deliver.

Worst case, I'll sell it in a year, lose some money and upgrade but I'll probably keep it for a long while.

Not a bad buy. But the question is, is 10GB enough?

For an extra £85 I got the 3080 Ti where you get 10% or more performance plus 20% extra vram :p

Soldato
Not a bad buy. But the question is, is 10GB enough?

For an extra £85 I got the 3080 Ti where you get 10% or more performance plus 20% extra vram :p

Yeah, from a price/perf standpoint, yours is objectively the better deal but it was just my personal preference to opt for the coolest and quietest card at the lowest price point I could find. I've seen the Palit GP's perform slightly worse than FE when it comes to thermals and noise (but it's mostly basically FE performance). I'm a bit fussy about that, I admit.

As I've said, I think that when 3080 10GB starts to struggle for real, people won't be satisfied with Ti's performance either and when that happens you'll probably be getting sub-optimal frames before you actually fully saturate that 12GB of Vram.
I might be mistaken though:p

Still, a great buy and if I had a 3080Ti at this price around here I would've probably lapped it up, enjoy:) For me it just wasn't worth the bigger price difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
laughing-laugh.gif

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, from a price/perf standpoint, yours is objectively the better deal but it was just my personal preference to opt for the coolest and quietest card at the lowest price point I could find. I've seen the Palit GP's perform slightly worse than FE when it comes to thermals and noise (but it's mostly basically FE performance). I'm a bit fussy about that, I admit.

As I've said, I think that when 3080 10GB starts to struggle for real, people won't be satisfied with Ti's performance either and when that happens you'll probably be getting sub-optimal frames before you actually fully saturate that 12GB of Vram.
I might be mistaken though:p

Still, a great buy and if I had a 3080Ti at this price around here I would've probably lapped it up, enjoy:) For me it just wasn't worth the bigger price difference.

Haha. I was just pulling your chain man. Plus spreading some much needed laughter with what's going on in the world right now. I know of at least a few people who would find it hilarious for the 10gb is enough guy to suddenly say 10gb is not enough once he gets a card that has more :p

Soldato
Haha. I was just pulling your chain man. Plus spreading some much needed laughter with what's going on in the world right now. I know of at least a few people who would find it hilarious for the 10gb is enough guy to suddenly say 10gb is not enough once he gets a card that has more :p

Yeah, I've fallen out of the loop, I rarely lurk around here:D

But now you have to ask yourself if 12GB is enough. Just think of that sweet 16GB 4080 that'll allow you to use all those 8k textures.... Comes with special thermal compound that reduces heat and friction from Huang's Dark Obelisk support stick:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom