• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 X58 Xeon 5650

Associate
I think I'll be sticking with Intel for sure! I'm sure the newer 6/8/10/12+ cores are all significantly faster, but how that translates to real world gaming I'm not sure, as my minimum FPS in games are still very high.

I know the RAM works in auto, but it's just annoying that it's 1600mhz running at 1200-1300mhz (cant remember what exactly as paid little attention to it!). I'll give setting the timings manually a go and see where I get, if I can get them working and stable I'll just leave it there and call it a day as it's running brilliantly :)

Not used CPU mark yet... I'll google it when I get in from work and after I've put the baby to bed, then have a play and see what I get on that. I'll update you later on how I get on! :)

Do you do much gaming on your rig then?

Associate
The RAM speed won't make a massive difference to be fair, maybe a teeny weeny bit.

I don't do much gaming on my rig even though I built it for gaming. Hehe. I simply haven't had much of an opportunity because of my chronic fatigue being so stubborn recently. I'm not sure when this relapse will give me a break. I'm due one very soon, so hopefully I can put in the miles with my racing wheel, that's sitting catching dust. :(

Associate
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear mate :(

Well, if you're on Steam let me know if you fancy a game on PUBE-G, that's what I'm mainly playing at the moment. Will be back on GTA too now there's a new heist, might have to heist glitch the Pac Standard though to build my money back up, as logged in the other day and my $4m had gone... assuming on maintenance of all my multiple buildings and cars I had prior to stopping playing it for a year lol.

Associate
Hopefully the end is nigh so I can get back to something called..... living! Lol. On a serious note though, people do fully recover from this condition so there is hope!

I am on Steam, but I'm kinda only into racing games or CoD. The recent CoDs have been terrible, so it's only racing games. Namely, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2. The funny thing is, depending on how you look at it, with the CoDs being so terrible, I'm left only to race which sucks the energy out of me. :( Things can only get better and I hope they do.

Associate
Well sounds like there is light at the end of the tunnel pal :)

Yeah cod has lost my interest since cod 2, didn't really get into the modern warfare ones with weapon mods etc. You should give pubeg a try, good benchmark for your pc too!

Seen a xeon x5680 for £40... Please talk me out of it lol

Associate
:)

I should get my cooler tomorrow and mounting kit sometime next week, it's coming from Austria I believe. So a bit of a wait on my hands. :rolleyes:

Associate
Yeah.

My main reason for buying it was that I didn't want to think I was being held back by the CPU cooler. So whatever results appear from here onwards, will be the absolute limit in terms of performance and budget.

Associate
Sorry, I forgot to mention. These are 3DMark Fire Strike scores. Both CPU and GPU affect the overall score. The GPU that's paired with the X5650 is overclocked but so is the X5690 itself, so I think they would even out somewhat.

Associate
looking at those clocks they are both running pretty hefty overclocks. I've got the 1070ti running at 1867mhz base, not sure what it's boosting to though, will have to check HW monitor later when I'm on pube-g (which you should get for yours mate!).

Associate
You're running a 1060? It will run on that no problem too, my mate runs a 1060 3GB with an AMD 8350 Black Edition and that runs it fine in 1080 once the settings have been tweaked for performance. I don't run the game in ULTRA, which is what it defaulted to on first run, turned most of it down to very low other than AA and textures, as I wanted a constant 100+fps. My minimums are in the 90's :)

Back
Top Bottom