1440p Gsync without blacklight bleed?

Soldato
There's a DP cable in the box and it's holding 165hz without a problem for me.

On the general topic, there was initially clear BLB on purely black images but after calibrating the monitor properly (including dropping the brightness to 30 from the default of 100!) it's hard to notice.

Having just spent a small fortune, for me anyway, on a 1080Ti I will think about that monitor - it does seem to be the best for what I would like. I never thought that I would say so, being an IPS screen and the BLB and glow issues I have had in the past.

I do wish that such a device like a Freesync to Gsync adaptor would be available....

Associate
Vega prices turned out to be crap.
Think I'll order the viewsonic since its out of stock and get a msi 1080 gaming + for £389

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah that's the one. It was in stock this morning at 6am before I went for work so I thought I'd go for it.
Think I got last one
Hopefully will be good but at least it can go back no hassle

Soldato
Yeah that's the one. It was in stock this morning at 6am before I went for work so I thought I'd go for it.
Think I got last one
Hopefully will be good but at least it can go back no hassle

If I had got up earlier you wouldn't have found it, lol.

Please post back your findings and I agree no hassle returns.

Associate
Monitor arrived today, but its going straight back.
Looks like they sent me on that someone has already opened.
Cable bags were open, no instructions, there was fingerprints on the screen and it just looked dirty
There was also some backlight blead wasnt horrible but not great

Soldato
Monitor arrived today, but its going straight back.
Looks like they sent me on that someone has already opened.
Cable bags were open, no instructions, there was fingerprints on the screen and it just looked dirty
There was also some backlight blead wasnt horrible but not great

That is not good at all....!

What have you decided to do, a refund or try another....?

Not a good start.

Associate
Went for
That is not good at all....!

What have you decided to do, a refund or try another....?

Not a good start.
Decided to try another. Had a reply after 20 mins apologising and saying they'll get a new monitor to me by Friday.
Hopefully I get lucky with that one.

TJM

TJM

Associate
I bought a Viewsonic a week ago and called today to ask about the £40 price difference; I was told they no longer price match and the only option is to return the monitor and reorder it at the new price. Not worth it at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
enterpise IPS (proper IPS) doesnt get bleed, but they ommit the filters on consumer IPS displays to cut costs.

I would rather put up with backlight bleed than worse colours and TN viewing angles.

VA might be a acceptable compromise for you as that has better blacks and still much better viewing angles than TN, in fact its my view that modern consumer IPS screens are equal to VN in viewing angles so you only losing some colour accuracy. Of course the problem is VA is almost dead in consumer monitors. Dont think I have heard of a VA gsync screen.

Soldato
I bought a Viewsonic a week ago and called today to ask about the £40 price difference; I was told that they no longer price matches and the only option is to return the monitor and reorder it at the new price. Not worth it at all.

Might just want to edit that word :)

Good point but as he was returning it for an exchange it might be useful to have just got a refund and then ordered it again at the lower price, they did have stock at that time. But both the price and stock are all over the place. I got "lucky" with my ti1080 Xtreme card as it dropped to £689 and I waited for a few days for stock and then got it delivered. The prices on those GPU's are up and down.

I didn't realise that their policy had changed, worth noting :)

I have overclocked my 1440p monitor to 72hz and now my Ti1080 seems to offer me a locked 72fps, whilst it is not Gsync at least it offers no tearing as long as the brute force of the Ti can hit 72fps.

Apart from not wanting to spend a massive amount of money on a Gsync monitor I just really dislike the panel lottery when you do buy one.

Associate
Yeah got told today that they don't price match anymore. The man on the phone was actually quite condescending.
The new one arrives this afternoon if it's no good will just cancel order and reorder at cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom