• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Yeh I'm sure I've seen microcode updates pushed via windows update before.. Due so a security issue... Can't remember the details as it's going back a while... Windows 10 era.

Yes, those are controlled by mcupdate_genuineintel.dll (Intel) / mcupdate_authenticamd.dll (AMD) if you remove those files out of the System32 folder it stops the auto updates on both platforms and then you can run a UEFI/BIOS defined MC if your MB supports those features.

Finally updated my z790-h to the latest microcode. With all the intel defaults on the 14900k cracked 36k on R23, with the wattage limits increased (I have a full custom loop) and a -0.15v undervolt it hit 40k again so it all seems about the same as before. Now that this is here I'll toy with voltages to see if I can get a tiny bit higher when I have a boredom window. At some point I might go direct die.

Hi all, I have been watching buildzoid videos recently on the raptor lake issues. In one of his latest videos on the apex encore he says that a higher voltage is observed with lower LLC level 3 1.100mohms vs LLC level 5 0.73mohms. I presumed one of the main issues was that the AC/DC load lines were set too high. So why would lower values lead to a higher max voltage? Thanks!

at 10:56:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom