• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

XmfPhRl.jpg

Intel wants to ship millions of Meteor Lake CPUs next year​

Perhaps more interestingly, this leak suggests a new naming convention, with the end of the "nth" series. So no 14th gen, instead a mobile chip will be named "Ultra 7 1003H"

Videocardz said:
Speaking of Meteor Lake, there is a new leak featuring MTL-P (Meteor Lake-P) mobile processor. This unusually named CPU has been tested with PugetBench benchmark.

The company confirmed it will change SKU naming for the next-gen client CPUs, so the Ultra 7 1003H is one of these new CPUs, not technically ’14th Gen Core’ anymore. This mobile CPU was paired with 16GB of DDR5-5600 memory, which should be standard memory for the series. Furthermore, we can see it lists Video Card as Arc Graphics, which is a reminder that Meteor Lake will use Xe-LPG architecture, a low-power and integrated version of Alchemist.

Intel brought with them a laptop that had a 16 core, 22 thread meteor lake

They were showcasing its AI performance capabilities

Last edited:
MLID on that 15th Gen arrow lake hype

Reiterating there will be no gaming meteor lake CPUs, it's for laptop applications. In late 2023 Intel will released a refreshed Raptor lake which has higher clocks, higher power draw and lower voltages, along with supporting faster memory.

Arrow lake coming later in 2024.
i9 15900k specs: 40 cores, 8P and 32E, built on TSMC 3nm and Intel 2nm. 40% higher single core performance over Raptor lake refresh and 50-60% higher multithread performance over Raptor lake refresh

Last edited:
MLID on that 15th Gen arrow lake hype

Reiterating there will be no gaming meteor lake CPUs, it's for laptop applications. In late 2023 Intel will released a refreshed Raptor lake which has higher clocks, higher power draw and lower voltages, along with supporting faster memory.

Arrow lake coming later in 2024.
i9 15900k specs: 40 cores, 8P and 32E, built on TSMC 3nm and Intel 2nm. 40% higher single core performance over Raptor lake refresh and 50-60% higher multithread performance over Raptor lake refresh

If true, Z690 owners are in for a real treat. Three generations of CPU supported, that's approaching AMD levels of longevity. My Maximus Z690 Hero is working out to be good value lol!

Good to see Intel's 7nm in actual use for consumer products also, really wonder if it can do high TDP desktop chips this/next year, else we'll be seeing Raptor Lake refresh for many months before Arrow Lake launches.

Last edited:
If they get 40% I might do what I wasnt planning on and drop my AM5 platform for a 15900k, Nvidia GPU's are becoming really hard to drive even at 4k and we need really fast CPUs to handle even faster Nvidia cards

If they get 40% I might do what I wasnt planning on and drop my AM5 platform for a 15900k, Nvidia GPU's are becoming really hard to drive even at 4k and we need really fast CPUs to handle even faster Nvidia cards
Yeap, especially with RT on at 4K, really pummels the CPU.

I'm currently using my 7950X3D rig for games and my 13900k/z690 rig for work. The AMD rig has the best power efficiency for games by far, while the Intel rig has the best idle/very low load power efficiency (around 20-30w lower than my 7950x3d).

Very curious to see where Raptor Lake refresh will end up - if still on 10nm, I just don't see how they can further improve the clock frequency much at all, without turning it into a 500w CPU (500w max load, prob 200w in games)

Last edited:

Intel’s next-gen Panther Lake CPUs rumored to feature Cougar Cove architecture​

EoTVQwy.jpg

IF true, desktop 15th gen Arrow Lake with 8P & 32E on TSMC's 3nm should be a beast - will also be the first time in many years that Intel will be competing with AMD on the same node. For the last few years, AMD has had a process node advantage.

Still, Intel has a mountain to climb. Zen4X3D remains the clear gaming choice, due to insane power efficicency and mostly the same performance as a 13900K/KS.

Yeap, especially with RT on at 4K, really pummels the CPU.

I'm currently using my 7950X3D rig for games and my 13900k/z690 rig for work. The AMD rig has the best power efficiency for games by far, while the Intel rig has the best idle/very low load power efficiency (around 20-30w lower than my 7950x3d).

Very curious to see where Raptor Lake refresh will end up - if still on 10nm, I just don't see how they can further improve the clock frequency much at all, without turning it into a 500w CPU (500w max load, prob 200w in games)
Thank you, I've been saying this for years but people act like it's not true. Intel is much more efficient for the majority of day to day workloads.

The 3d ones specifically, from a 13900k yeah, I know, I had one. From a 12900k, again - the 3d ones, are around 20% - 25% more efficient. Not bad, not great

12900k is "slow" though compared to 7800x3d/7950x3d/13900k, so doesn't matter if it's lower power. Zen4X3D still lower power, much more performance.

Back
Top Bottom