• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Intel came back with a vengeance last time with Merom/Allendale/Conroe, 3 years after Athlon 64 was launched.

Zen 3 launched nearly 3 years ago now and took the crown. (Not that Intel were looking particularly pretty against Zen 2).

What are Intel even doing?

Intel already had the Core* architecture running alongside the Pentium. Intel simply needed to move from the Netburst branch to Core. Many top engineers had to resign and shareholders had to step in for the move to happen.

Marketing dept: Netburst 10Ghz!

Engineering: Terrible idea, also not possible. Short pipe Core design is the way forward.

/Advertising and Marketing now running Intel…

Marketing dept: Screaming, 10Ghz Netburst now!

Engineers: Jobs ****** chaps. Time to quit.

Shareholders: Hold on a minute, what is going on here…

Last edited:
They have the faster cpus on every price point, thats what they are doing :D
Only in lower segments, from 7800x3d, AMD dominates not only in terms of performance but also significantly lower power consumption. Intel needs to focus on the performance/power consumption ratio because they are performing disastrously in that regard.

Only in lower segments, from 7800x3d, AMD dominates not only in terms of performance but also significantly lower power consumption. Intel needs to focus on the performance/power consumption ratio because they are performing disastrously in that regard.
Really? The 7800x 3d costs as much as the 13700k and loses in everything bar 1080p games with a 4090. At iso wattage it's not even more efficient. In fact, it's a lot less efficient. It scores like what, 19k in cbr23? My 12900k does that at like 80 watts.

AMD is dominating in just about all segments and in all metrics. That’s why Intel are in real trouble at the moment. The X3D chips are just putting the thumb screws on in the gaming charts and opening up a gaming focused CPU segment.

AMD is dominating in just about all segments and in all metrics.
Yeap, absolutely, they almost have 10% of the server market, 15% of the desktop market and 10% of the mobile market. Ah, and 8% of the GPU market. Complete amd domination. They are dominating as hard as Linux is dominating windows :D :D

Feels like AMD fans have their own reality where up is down.

Last edited:
Yeap, absolutely, they almost have 10% of the server market, 15% of the desktop market and 10% of the mobile market. Ah, and 8% of the GPU market. Complete amd domination. They are dominating as hard as Linux is dominating windows :D :D

Actually about 30% sever at this point and predicted 40% by the end of this year, more over AMD server margins are 30% to 40% while Intel's are 2% to 4%.

Desktop is 20% but that includes OEM's which Intel are still dominant, but again due to very low cost low margin products.

Notebook was 25% but dropped to 20% this year, again that is predicted to rise again by the end of this year and next.

And about 95% of consoles if you include handhelds, there are one or two obscure Intel handhelds, for some weird reason.

Last edited:

2-3 year old data?

Intel should also be worried about ARM, currently about 10% marketshare and growing.

AI, Nvidia will #1 in that, AMD will be second with Intel a distant third, the stuff that AMD are knocking out is better than Nvidia's upcoming Hopper but Nvidia have the mindshare already locked in, tho plenty of the big ones are going AMD with the Mi 300 series, not least AWS, Google, Mircosoft, Meta and about a dozen others.

Last edited:
Actually about 30% sever at this point and predicted 40% by the end of this year, more over AMD server margins are 30% to 40% while Intel's are 2% to 4%.

Desktop is 20% but that includes OEM's which Intel are still dominant, but again due to very low cost low margin products.

Notebook was 25% but dropped to 20% this year, again that is predicted to rise again by the end of this year and next.

And about 95% of consoles if you include handhelds, there are one or two obscure Intel handhelds, for some weird reason.
So they have 1/5th of the total market while intel has 4/5ths. As ive said, that's some linux style domination :D

I mean think about it logically. Ryzen has been out for 8 years now. Let's say in 2016 amd had only 5% of desktop, it took them 8 years to get 15%. By the time they even get close to 50% ill probably be dead.....And lets face it, if not for the vast amount of amd "fans", amd would be doing even worse. Not on servers, there it's doing great, but the desktop sales are based sorely on emotional reasons. From the moment alderlake launched up till today, not many reasons or usecases to buy amd, yet people do cause they love the company / hate intel. Those are the facts.

So they have 1/5th of the total market while intel has 4/5ths. As ive said, that's some linux style domination :D

I mean think about it logically. Ryzen has been out for 8 years now. Let's say in 2016 amd had only 5% of desktop, it took them 8 years to get 15%. By the time they even get close to 50% ill probably be dead.....And lets face it, if not for the vast amount of amd "fans", amd would be doing even worse. Not on servers, there it's doing great, but the desktop sales are based sorely on emotional reasons. From the moment alderlake launched up till today, not many reasons or usecases to buy amd, yet people do cause they love the company / hate intel. Those are the facts.

Intel can keep on rinse and repeating CPU’s and focus on Ponte Vecchio and AI.

The facts are, you hate all things AMD and the fact AMD are doing really well seems to hurt you emotionally

Intel can keep on rinse and repeating CPU’s and focus on Ponte Vecchio and AI.

The facts are, you hate all things AMD and the fact AMD are doing really well seems to hurt you emotionally
Υeap, typing this right now on my full amd laptop. Give me a second and ill go make another post from my 2nd all AMD laptop. Or would you rather me go post from my all AMD desktop.

What I hate is misnformation and lies. And let's face it, those predominantly come from the amd fan club userbase. In terms of performance as about now (and it's been the case the last 2 years) it's a complete Intel domination on both ST and MT performance on every single price point. The only way amd can and does compete is but just dropping the prices of their CPU. The only advantage they have currently is the power consumption of the 3d when you are gaming at 1080p with a 4090. Completely academic endeavor but sure, I grant AMD that. Everything and anything else is an Intel stomp, and 14th gen is coming out soon. So yeah, whatever man.

EG1. Correction on the above, I have 3 all amd laptops, not 2, 5700u / 5600h / 6900hs :D

Last edited:
Υeap, typing this right now on my full amd laptop. Give me a second and ill go make another post from my 2nd all AMD laptop. Or would you rather me go post from my all AMD desktop.

What I hate is misnformation and lies. And let's face it, those predominantly come from the amd fan club userbase. In terms of performance as about now (and it's been the case the last 2 years) it's a complete Intel domination on both ST and MT performance on every single price point. The only way amd can and does compete is but just dropping the prices of their CPU. The only advantage they have currently is the power consumption of the 3d when you are gaming at 1080p with a 4090. Completely academic endeavor but sure, I grant AMD that. Everything and anything else is an Intel stomp, and 14th gen is coming out soon. So yeah, whatever man.

EG1. Correction on the above, I have 3 all amd laptops, not 2, 5700u / 5600h / 6900hs :D

What was the reason you hate AMD again? I can go back and find the quote if thou can’t remember.

I’m not buying the spiel.

What was the reason you hate AMD again? I can go back and find the quote if thou can’t remember.

I’m not buying the spiel.
I don't care what you buy. I buy whatever suits me better. Currently it is amd for laptops, they make better mobile cpus, and intel for desktops, they make much better desktop CPUs. Over & out, keep spewing intel hatred, don't really care my man

I don't care what you buy. I buy whatever suits me better. Currently it is amd for laptops, they make better mobile cpus, and intel for desktops, they make much better desktop CPUs. Over & out, keep spewing intel hatred, don't really care my man

You shouldn’t care really, yet you seem unable to accept that AMD are doing really well, while Intel are really struggling. I’m not sure why you can’t accept that, why do you hate AMD again? You did explain it quite clearly once.

You shouldn’t care really, yet you seem unable to accept that AMD are doing really well, while Intel are really struggling. I’m not sure why you can’t accept that, why do you hate AMD again? You did explain it quite clearly once.
AMD are doing as great as linux is compared to windows. :D

But I don't really care about sales, I care about the performance. And on that department Intel is curbstomping on almost every price point for the last 2 years. It's not even close, and the consistent pricedrops - especially on the brand new R5 and R7 cpus validates what im saying. I mean the i7 is 50% faster than the R7 in MT, about 10% faster in ST, faster in games, what the heck are we even talking about? AMD is massively underdelivering in terms of performance

AMD are doing as great as linux is compared to windows. :D

But I don't really care about sales, I care about the performance. And on that department Intel is curbstomping on almost every price point for the last 2 years. It's not even close, and the consistent pricedrops - especially on the brand new R5 and R7 cpus validates what im saying. I mean the i7 is 50% faster than the R7 in MT, about 10% faster in ST, faster in games, what the heck are we even talking about? AMD is massively underdelivering in terms of performance
AMD are doing really well. The speed of growth in this downturn has been pretty spectacular. It’s not surprising with people like you buying three very similarly spec’d laptops and forgetting how many you actually own…

AMD are doing really well. The speed of growth in this downturn has been pretty spectacular. It’s not surprising with people like you buying three very similarly spec’d laptops and forgetting how many you actually own…
They are doing well financially, in terms of performance they are trailing Intel by a truckload. People like me have disposable income to buy whatever they desire.

They are doing well financially, in terms of performance they are trailing Intel by a truckload. People like me have disposable income to buy whatever they desire.

Why do you hate AMD again? You seem to know and care greatly about AMD shipments and financial’s.

You know you have pointlessly argued/lied yourself into a corner again?

That's what you do all the time, Dave2150 has exposed you multiple times. Do you really think anyone believes your story about switching from 13900k to 12900k xD? You also lied about me being banned for AMD shilling, but here's my account, I'm the one who requested the ban, and I got it back instantly, so your story has been debunked. What fascinates me is how much you hate AMD. As soon as someone starts writing positively about AMD, you feel the need to jump in and criticize it. The success of AMD and the satisfaction of AMD users clearly bother you. It's not surprising that you were banned on AnandTech, and it seems like you're receiving reprimands here as well. Let's get back to the topic. Intel is currently struggling in every category: CPUs for desktops and servers are performing poorly, and as for GPUs, do I even need to mention it? Meanwhile, both AMD and Nvidia are making great strides. AMD has mastered chiplet architecture, while Intel is in a very unfavorable position, and I don't see how they will recover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom