• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

I would rather have better gaming performance than better forum performance. We'll be playing games, and you can browse forums, and everyone will be happy. :p Plus, I doubt there is a noticeable difference between those processors on a forum.
Both the cpu perform pretty much equally on most games apart from a few outliers for both , on a blind test 99% would be hard pushed to tell which is which imo . On another note I have always wondered those who buy the X3D chips for "superior gaming performance " are you also buying suitable monitors to use the chips on ... are most running 360hz displays or still on 144hz :cry:

My predictions for MTL are slightly better performance than RPL, but with significantly lower power consumption. The iGPU will receive the highest level of attention in terms of performance; I forecast it to be on par with RDNA 2. All of this should result in competitive performance compared to AMD's Zen 4 models, along with the likelihood of much-improved availability. AMD's problem lies in weak availability, specifically due to the flood of handheld consoles that are consuming their supply. For example, Framework 16 7040 keeps getting delayed month after month, and Tuxedo Computers doesn't have any Zen 4 offerings at all. So, I will purchase from the first vendor to bring it to the market.

Videocardz said:
According to Intel, the Meteor Lake CPU series will be released in the next half of 2023. Intel has an Innovation event planned for September, which is where one should expect updates on 14th Gen mobile and desktop CPU series among other things.

Hopefully we'll get 100% confirmation on whether Meteor Lake is laptop only and if Raptor Lake fresh will be named 14th gen or not. New naming scheme for laptops really does suck :D

Hopefully we'll get 100% confirmation on whether Meteor Lake is laptop only and if Raptor Lake fresh will be named 14th gen or not. New naming scheme for laptops really does suck :D
It's a shame they offer a maximum of 6 P cores; that could be a bottleneck in some games, and E cores come with additional latency and all of that.

edit: Can someone explain to me what these 2 SoC cores do?

Last edited:

Intel’s new branding for Meteor Lake Core CPUs revealed​

kl3E2N2.jpg

Better than I was expecting. Still curious how they'll name rocket lake refresh on desktop (14th gen?) or whether that will get the new naming scheme too.

Intel’s new branding for Meteor Lake Core CPUs revealed​

kl3E2N2.jpg

Better than I was expecting. Still curious how they'll name rocket lake refresh on desktop (14th gen?) or whether that will get the new naming scheme too.
Do you mean Raptor Lake?

Is it reckoned that the refresh for RL will work on both the 690 and 790 boards currently sold? Even tho Asrock have announced a refresh for their Z790 boards around August.

Do you mean Raptor Lake?

Is it reckoned that the refresh for RL will work on both the 690 and 790 boards currently sold? Even tho Asrock have announced a refresh for their Z790 boards around August.

Yeah, rumours are that 14th gen will be Meteor Lake for laptops, but Raptor Lake refresh for desktop. Not sure what they'll end up naming raptor lake. 13970k would be appropriate, as it's going to such a minor and likely terrible refresh.

Strange choice to drop the 'i' from the name rather than the 'core' - everyone I know calls it an 'i5' or an 'i7'. I'm not sure I've heard anyone ever say 'yeah my intel core 9'.

I would have thought the 'i' in the name was the strong branding.

Back
Top Bottom