• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Only in your head - a quick scan of google for "ryzen 1700 review" and these are some of the summaries I'm seeing, none of which reads like "AMD crushes Intel"
Not talking about reviews. Im talking about users. If I go to the Ryzen 1 thread, what do you think im going to be reading from users like jugger and vulture? About a total amd domination, I bet :D

Not talking about reviews. Im talking about users. If I go to the Ryzen 1 thread, what do you think im going to be reading from users like jugger and vulture? About a total amd domination, I bet :D

You’re talking nonsense as usual. We get it, you can’t stand AMD and we all have to suffer this incessant flamebaiting and trolling in every post as it’s your only recourse.

Last edited:
Yeap, I hate amd so much I currently have more amd cpus than you owned in your entire life. Makes sense.

Mostly what I hate are amd fans. They have lost all connection to reality. They see intel outselling amd 5 to 1 and yet they claim total amd domination. Honestly amd fans aren't that much different to Linux fans. They both have markets hare closer to 0% than 50% yet they both claim domination. It's insane.

AMD are miles ahead of Intel though, describing AMD as dominant is an accurate descriptive and really shouldn’t cause you go into your delusional rants.

Intel have essentially rage quit the markets they can and rehashed Skylake and Aton to flesh out its desktop range. The reason for this is because AMD’s advantages over Intel are becoming embarrassing.

Last edited:
AMD are miles ahead of Intel though, describing AMD as dominant is an accurate descriptive and really shouldn’t cause you go into your delusional rants.

Intel have essentially rage quit the markets they can and rehashed Skylake and Aton to flesh out its desktop range. The reason for this is because AMD’s advantages over Intel are becoming embarrassing.
Yeap, amd are miles ahead, just not in performance. Just checked the corona render bench results. An R7 7700x at 5.65ghz, delided, cooled with ln2 canisters and pulling like 200 watts is slower than a 13600k power limited to 100 watts. A kneecapped i5 massively beating an extreme oced 7700x. That's the fastest 7700x on the planet

Miles ahead, for sure.

You are proving my point of what's wrong with amd fans. They are lagging 2 years behind in performance yet they think they are leading by a mile. Absolute denial

Last edited:
Yeap, amd are miles ahead, just not in performance. Just checked the corona render bench results. An R7 7700x at 5.65ghz, delided, cooled with ln2 canisters and pulling like 200 watts is slower than a 13600k power limited to 100 watts. A kneecapped i5 massively beating an extreme oced 7700x. That's the fastest 7700x on the planet

Miles ahead, for sure.

You are proving my point of what's wrong with amd fans. They are lagging 2 years behind in performance yet they think they are leading by a mile. Absolute denial

So these are personal attacks on anyone who dares describe the situation as it stands.

Careful Bencher you’re already sailing close to the wind with the flame baiting, trolling and thread dumping.

Can we go back to topic gentlemen? Thanks!
Not a lot of rumors to go with. Intel has the crown in ST and MT workloads, they need to fix the gaming power consumption on their high end models, AMD has nothing to show until at least next year, so here we are with 14th gen around the corner. If they can keep the clocks high while bringing gaming power draw closer to alderlake, then we are golden, im buying one. If not, skip and wait for next gen :D

If I had to guess any efficiency improvements they will just use them to push clocks even higher. The rationale would be, if you want efficiency power limit them yourself. Which is fine with me

Last edited:
I must say I seen quite a lot AMD fanboism, I do not say intel is in top atm defo, I again decided to buy AMD only for AV512 and a bit lower power use, bt no the less for most usual work as gaming I still suggest intel i5 13gen, and I just can not see where all hype for x3D come from
Also in last year intel is recovering fast is it cheaper mainboard and CPU but also aggressive sale, a lot investment in dozen arch
anandtech have one pure AMD mod there which is spreading lies all over intel topic with zero issue, its pointless to take that place for anything anymore

Not a lot of rumors to go with. Intel has the crown in ST and MT workloads, they need to fix the gaming power consumption on their high end models, AMD has nothing to show until at least next year, so here we are with 14th gen around the corner. If they can keep the clocks high while bringing gaming power draw closer to alderlake, then we are golden, im buying one. If not, skip and wait for next gen :D

If I had to guess any efficiency improvements they will just use them to push clocks even higher. The rationale would be, if you want efficiency power limit them yourself. Which is fine with me
You couldn't put limits on 13900k and optimize it, so you went back to 12900K? Quite a convincing story, like every other one of yours :D.

You couldn't put limits on 13900k and optimize it, so you went back to 12900K? Quite a convincing story, like every other one of yours :D.
Of course I could, I did and it was extremely efficient in mt workloads. 33k CBR23 score at 125 watts.

Gaming no, if I put a limit that low it loses performance, to the point it matches my 12900k, in which case what's the freaking point?

Here is a screenshot

33k.jpg

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that it will come with a maximum of 6P cores, or are those just rumors? No matter how competitive MTL is, having only 6 cores is a big drawback. Today, 8 cores is the minimum requirement for serious gaming, and next-gen games will showcase that. The same applies to the GPU field, where 8GB of VRAM is already a bottleneck in some games.

I know it's a mobile-only design, but today's laptops are powerful machines widely used in gaming. Now, imagine a scenario where a manufacturer creates a high-end laptop with an RTX 4090 graphics card and a processor with only 6 cores. Then, when you start playing a next-gen game, you experience performance drops because data travels from the P to E cores, increasing latency and choking data throughput. Alternatively, imagine the marketing saying, "Ultimate GPU: RTX 4090, and ultimate CPU: 6 cores." It's like, wow xD.

Has it been confirmed that it will come with a maximum of 6P cores, or are those just rumors? No matter how competitive MTL is, having only 6 cores is a big drawback. Today, 8 cores is the minimum requirement for serious gaming, and next-gen games will showcase that. The same applies to the GPU field, where 8GB of VRAM is already a bottleneck in some games.
If you mean for desktop then it's not coming, looks like it was cancelled.

It's Raptor Lake refresh and then Arrow Lake next year. EDIT: posted both at the same time

Last edited:
I'm glad about the new strike rules. I stopped browsing this part of the forum. Sick of hearing the same drum being beaten.

It's worse than a school playground, My dad is harder than your dad.

Who said MTL is going to have 6 cores? Not gonna happen, it's going to be 6+8 / 6+16
The rumour is 6 performance cores not 6 cores in total. The leaker is probably MLID, Red Gaming Tech or one of the countless Twitter leakers.

For the desktop though I'm wondering how long it will be until we got more the 8 proper cores again? Intel was upto to 10 by the time of Comet Lake but since then the core count has been going backwards then remained stagnant. I do wonder if Intel would benefit from manufacturing their CPU's on TSMC's 7nm process (from a performance stand point)?

The rumour is 6 performance cores not 6 cores in total. The leaker is probably MLID, Red Gaming Tech or one of the countless Twitter leakers.

For the desktop though I'm wondering how long it will be until we got more the 8 proper cores again? Intel was upto to 10 by the time of Comet Lake but since then the core count has been going backwards then remained stagnant. I do wonder if Intel would benefit from manufacturing their CPU's on TSMC's 7nm process (from a performance stand point)?
Intel is using 6wide cores offering fantastic performance. They have ecores for everything else that you want to MT on. You can't have your cake and eat too, either the cores will be BIG in terms of die space and perform crazy good, or youll shrinnk them losing performance but fitting more of them. If you need lots of smaller "Pcores" and dont care about performance that much, why not just go amd?

Last edited:
Intel is using 6wide cores offering fantastic performance. They have ecores for everything else that you want to MT on. You can't have your cake and eat too, either the cores will be BIG in terms of die space and perform crazy good, or youll shrinnk them losing performance but fitting more of them. If you need lots of smaller "Pcores" and dont care about performance that much, why not just go amd?

Everyone is going AMD.

Back
Top Bottom