£1850 Budget for Gaming Rig, Monitor snd Rift Bundle.

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh I’ve got some spirit so I will go gently and use that.

Use paper towel - and only apply small amounts.

Get most of the paste off first by wiping it off with paper towel and them dab small amounts of spirits on paper towel and wipe the CPU gently until clean. The meths should evaporate almost immediately if using properly. Buff chip when clean - then wipe the chip over with fresh paper towel - to get rid of any residue.

Associate
OP
Use paper towel - and only apply small amounts.

Get most of the paste off first by wiping it off with paper towel and them dab small amounts of spirits on paper towel and wipe the CPU gently until clean. The meths should evaporate almost immediately if using properly. Buff chip when clean - then wipe the chip over with fresh paper towel - to get rid of any residue.

Coolio! Ive just stripped out the cooler, hdd, ssd, and all leads and run them all through the back. I can do a better job with the cables now i sort of understand where things go.

Soldato
@Plec @orbitalwalsh I’ve got some spirit so I will go gently and use that.

@orbitalwalsh i see you have fans in the top of your case, are they 140 or 120? Would I better putting the new fan in the top above the CPU, if it fits?

Fan at front. Possitive pressure, more cooler air for your CPU and gpu. Had to sit that AIO up top, and not a fan of having more exhaust fans :/

Associate
OP
Fan installed and cables tidied up, looks a lot better. Im looking at it now and thinking i could have done something else with the HDD but im not doing it now.

8USQtJY.jpg

Any ideas welcome:)

Fireing her up next, will report back with idle and stress temps!!

Last edited:
Soldato
120 seconds in and we are at 67c
, yesterday after 80 secs we were at 71c, so it better.

Awesome source. I think it was the paste;
To much
Poor quality

Heads up, the 8 pin CPU. To make it look neater, route at the back of the mother board tray. If you look in the top left and central , should see slits you route that cable

Associate
OP
That seems fine mate ! Long a it was longer then before , which again wasn't dangerous, just a little higher then normal .

Should notice GPU will stay cooler as more fresh air coming at it, also with positive air pressure , you'll feel air leaving all the vented gaps !

I can feel the air at the gaps!!

Bloody cables :), I will have a look at that next time I have tinker!!

Now been running for 850 secs and at 76c we was at 83c after 600 secs yesterday so a decent improvement and it idles below 35c.

I guess its just a case of using it now and checking temps and logging any issues and reporting back? Give it a week and we can try a baby oc?

Associate
OP
That seems fine mate ! Long a it was longer then before , which again wasn't dangerous, just a little higher then normal .

Should notice GPU will stay cooler as more fresh air coming at it, also with positive air pressure , you'll feel air leaving all the vented gaps !
quick one, the coloured leds on my mother board and GPU aren't in sink and are always different colours, how do I sort that?

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh I can change the leds on the gpu but not on the mother board?

When I select the MB in LED Fusion I have three areas that I can control, none for the change clear plastic led strip on the side?

Any ideas?

Soldato
i use kinguin - but there's always a risk with these sites when not buying form an official source.

With kinguin you can pay a nominal fee and if the key doesn't work you get your money back. They've always worked for me - and i usually buy from the best rated seller.

Temps look good now - good to see a new user putting in the effort, kudos.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh I can change the leds on the gpu but not on the mother board?

When I select the MB in LED Fusion I have three areas that I can control, none for the change clear plastic led strip on the side?

Any ideas?

I think in fusion you have 3 options tab, basic , advanced and something else. Using the basic option and hitting Colour cycle should make all the Mobo sync together

Soldato
i use kinguin - but there's always a risk with these sites when not buying form an official source.

With kinguin you can pay a nominal fee and if the key doesn't work you get your money back. They've always worked for me - and i usually buy from the best rated seller.

Temps look good now - good to see a new user putting in the effort, kudos.

Believe this is his first build too... And with that spec... Damn ... Wouldn't of had the balls for that haha

Associate
OP
@orbitalwalsh @Plec

I couldn't have done it without you lads, I owe you both a beer!!

This was my very first attempt at building a pc and loved every minute of it, I was actually looking forward to getting home from work and stripping it back and having a sort out:)

I will have a look at kinguin and I will try the above to sync my leds.:)

Back
Top Bottom