• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

;)

Caporegime
Is it still advisable to under volt V56s? My 980Ti runs quite hot (AMPs apparently aren't the best cooled) and don't really care for swapping one hot card fo

Caporegime
For info the Division 2 account is Uplay the other 2 are steam, I *think* you can straight up sell the steam codes once you redeem the voucher, the Uplay Division 2 code I think gets tied to the AMD rewards account you setup so in that instance make a disposable account your happy to sell on if selling Division 2

Be good to have confirmation from someone who has got this deal and actually wants the game. Would be interesting to know if you just get steam codes for two of the games, which would be fine.

I suppose there is nothing stopping you selling the access code to someone who owns a vega card already and wants all three games.

Last edited:
Associate
I hope the Vega 64's dont sell out before next Friday as I would like to wait until Black Friday to order my lads new Build and save a bit more money. Fingers Crossed :D

I can then get back to Freesync with my XL2730Z and he can SLI my 1070 with his and be happy too. :)

Caporegime
Hmmmmm.

Part of me is saying wait for 7nm from AMD but at the same time, you just know when they come out, they are going to be at least £450/500+, even if performance is the same as vega 56/64 :/

Soldato
Hmmmmm.

Part of me is saying wait for 7nm from AMD but at the same time, you just know when they come out, they are going to be at least £450/500+, even if performance is the same as vega 56/64 :/

Nvidia have done AMD a massive favour in a way... the ridiculous pricing of the 20xx series has given AMD a big price area to move in to with their next gen GPUs, way above their existing pricing... yet it will still allow them to undercut Nvidia. This current generation of AMD GPUs could very well offer the best price/performance we're likely to see for years.

Caporegime
Nvidia have done AMD a massive favour in a way... the ridiculous pricing of the 20xx series has given AMD a big price area to move in to with their next gen GPUs, way above their existing pricing... yet it will still allow them to undercut Nvidia. This current generation of AMD GPUs could very well offer the best price/performance we're likely to see for years.

Looking forward to it.

Associate
Starting to partly wish I'd held off until this sale. The Vega 56 looks like the sweet spot

Exactly. The GTX1060 3GB was a response to the RX470 IIRC,so it kind of made no sense with the stupid price of the GTX1050TI in their range. I just find the GTX1050TI a cynical card for its price,as it even the reviews were dodgy,as they tended to use aftermarket ones against reference GTX960 2GB cards. However,if you compared the normal GTX960 4GB which didn't have a reference cooler,it was like 10% faster at best,and in the UK was a similar price. Regarding the VRAM,its starting to have an effect just by looking at 4 of the last biggest games tested on GameGPU:

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-v-test-gpu-cpu
https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/hitman-2-test-gpu-cpu
https://gamegpu.com/mmorpg-/-онлайн-игры/fallout-76-beta-test-gpu-cpu
https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-test-gpu-cpu

Most of those games are Nvidia sponsored now IIRC,and the difference between the 3GB and 6GB models should be no more than 10% due to the reduction in shaders of the 3GB model. Look at the GTX1050TI 4GB and GTX960 4GB. Its why for the most part if someone wanted a GTX1060,I pushed them to the 6GB one,which wil have a much longer lifespan IMHO.

Also,its been quite clear what Navi is going to be - a fixed Vega on a new node. It seems the noise about Vega having certain features broken is true(there was one of those computing mailing lists where it was said this was the case). I just hope AMD does not use HBM2,but GDDR5 or GDDR6,as the cost of HBM2,and having to package it,won't help AMD.

If you goto around 10 minutes here you'll see the 3gb 1060 completely die on Resident Evil 7 Very High Quality Settings at 1080p. Interesting the 1050 TI with it's 4gb actually beats the 1060 at this setting if I remember correctly. Quite a few are saying RE7 is poorly programmed but that 3gb limit will limit the card in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kXpUQVs7Q&t=412s

I nearly got this card when it was cheaper than the 570

Associate
Thank you, replaced my 7970GHz finally with that Vega 64... Admittedly, the 56 is probably a better deal though.

Now... Any deals on Freesync monitors? ;)

Not entirely sure what I'd prefer... Probably 4k 60 as it'd be a massive improvement in eye-candy compared to 1440p 120hz, though I guess it would come down to the quality of the panel as well.

Soldato
Starting to partly wish I'd held off until this sale. The Vega 56 looks like the sweet spot

If you goto around 10 minutes here you'll see the 3gb 1060 completely die on Resident Evil 7 Very High Quality Settings at 1080p. Interesting the 1050 TI with it's 4gb actually beats the 1060 at this setting if I remember correctly. Quite a few are saying RE7 is poorly programmed but that 3gb limit will limit the card in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kXpUQVs7Q&t=412s

I nearly got this card when it was cheaper than the 570

I was never a fan of the GTX1060 3GB due to its weird amount of VRAM. I wish they had made it a 4GB card,even with 1GB slower VRAM access like they did with the GTX660(last 512MB of RAM had slower access).

Soldato
Thanks for posting this, just pulled the trigger on the Vega 56 to upgrade my GTX 770 which has served me flawlessly albeit on older, less demanding games.

Apologies for the noob first post but my PC spec is below, just checking if you guys think it will be too much of a bottleneck for this card?

Intel i7-4790 3.60GHz LGA1150 Haswell
MSI GEForce GTX 770 OC 2GB DDR5
8GB RAM (Kingston 2 x 4GB DDR3-1600 (11-11-11 timing) DRAM)
MSI B85I Gen 4 LGA1150 Mini ITX motherboard
Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Shuttle Case
Antec Earthwatts EA-550 Platinum low noise PSU

Thanks guys.
It'll be fine and a large upgrade. There's still plenty of life left in a 4790, even if there may be a handful of games where it'll hold you back a little (Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for example). Upgrading to 16GB RAM at some point would be a decent idea though, should you come across a cheap kit.

Associate
soooo, anyone redeemed the code yet? How do the steam games work?

I've gotten my email and you have to register on https://www.amdrewards.com/ first.

After registering, you either have to give them your mobile number or wait 24 hours to verify the account.

After waiting / giving them your mobile number, if you don't have your GPU installed you get this message:

A qualifying AMD product was not detected in your system. Please install the qualifying AMD product and try again. Qualifying Product(s):
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega
  • AMD Radeon RX 590
I'll update tomorrow after work (it doesn't arrive until tomorrow sometime and I get home 18:00+).

Edit:

Also in the email it says:

Log-in to Uplay through AMD Rewards portal to receive Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 game in your Uplay library.

A Steam log-in is required for Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 redemption.

So it sounds like you'll need to keep The Division 2, and you can possibly sell DMC5 + RE2.

Soldato
soooo, anyone redeemed the code yet? How do the steam games work?
I am pretty sure no one has redeemed the codes yet, part from register with amdreward as Mike25 done above. Neither of the 3 games is not out until 2019. If as with the previous game promo, you get an email when the game is released with the codes to activate them on steam. For the Ubisoft game you have to log intto your Ubisoft account and verify your right for the game that way.

Associate
Sapphire has dropped the 3rd 8pin as not needed. My Nitro bought in June has only 2 8-pins. The 3rd was used for the LED apparently.

Welcome to the club :D

Yeah moved from 1080Ti to Vega but gained Freesync again, and haven't looked back.
I rather have nice and smooth 110ish FPS with FS than 150fps and everything looking like a very fast slideshow. (1080Ti is great card, if paired with gsync).

Panos, I think you replied to me in the Vega 64 thread a few weeks back, is this card reference and will it take a water block?

Soldato
Panos, I think you replied to me in the Vega 64 thread a few weeks back, is this card reference and will it take a water block?

No the Nitro is custom PCB and would only take the Bykski block for the Nitro.
I will post an image on Saturday from how I have put the screws, because the manual is not adequate and misleading. Tbh is a great block, especially considering the price (around £64 including postage & import duties).

Associate
No the Nitro is custom PCB and would only take the Bykski block for the Nitro.
I will post an image on Saturday from how I have put the screws, because the manual is not adequate and misleading. Tbh is a great block, especially considering the price (around £64 including postage & import duties).

Damn, guessing that would be the same for the 56 in this deal as well?

Back
Top Bottom