2006 Malaysian Grand Prix - Race 2/18

Flibster said:
If it's going to happen - it has to happen in the next 10 days...

After that entries for 2008 are closed. :eek:

10 days to find out if the world of motorsport is DOOMED!!! or not :(

I might be being a little dramatic

Also - currently uploading 200mb or so of Senna video's to my site so those who didn't see his mastery at work can gawp in wonder at driving around Monaco flat out, with one hand on the wheel and the other changing gear for 80% of the lap... :D

I want to see that again - manual gearboxes, 3rd pedals, no aerodynamic devices between the front and rear axle and flar bottomed cars scraping on the ground and sending up masses of sparks...

*sigh*

Simon/~Flibster

Flibster said:
Also - currently uploading 200mb or so of Senna video's to my site so those who didn't see his mastery at work can gawp in wonder at driving around Monaco flat out, with one hand on the wheel and the other changing gear for 80% of the lap... :D

I want to see that again - manual gearboxes, 3rd pedals, no aerodynamic devices between the front and rear axle and flar bottomed cars scraping on the ground and sending up masses of sparks...

*sigh*

Simon/~Flibster

What resolution is it?
Its not a tiny little box is it :confused:
I hope its big enough to see whats happening :)

Flibster said:
You are not the only one.

Video sounds interesting, I think your bandwith is gonna get raped as soon as you finish uploading ;)

Zip said:
What resolution is it?
Its not a tiny little box is it :confused:
I hope its big enough to see whats happening :)

They're not bad - I was watching them on an 2304x1440 resolution monitor though.

Certainly good enough to watch. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Dutch Guy said:
You are not the only one.

Video sounds interesting, I think your bandwith is gonna get raped as soon as you finish uploading ;)

Expecting it. :D

Still got just over 1.125tb of data transfer to use up before the 10th of April.. :eek: :D

How much have I used this month so far.... 2.7gb... More than expected..

Simon/~Flibster

Clikly Senna at Monaco (onboard) - 1986 - 21.8MB

Clicky Onboard with Senna on the Donnington Park 1st lap in 1993 - Possible the finest single lap of all time - 4.2mb

Clicky Senna - 1985 in the UK - 1.9mb

Clicky Ayrton Senna A Tribute - 9.9mb

Clicky Senna shows what a NSX is for - 20.4mb

Clicky Senna @ Barcelona - Start - 2.3mb

Clicky Senna - Donnington in 1993 again - 3.8mb

Clicky Senna's Pole lap round Monaco (onboard) - 1991 - 6.6mb

Clicky Senna's Pole lap around Interlagos (onboard) - 1991 - 11mb

Clicly Onboard with Senna @ Phoenix - 1991 - 17.2mb

Last edited:
Dutch Guy said:
Not bad, some people have to use 56k

Not me though, I have a 5mbit connection :)

Downloading now at full 5mbit speed so I should be off your server in a short while

I know and i feel sorry for the 56k guys :(

I cant even imagin how fast 5mb would be :o

Mosley and Manufacturers exchange letters

It has been revealed that in a letter sent to Max Mosley at 22.12 on Tuesday evening, BMW, Honda, McLaren, Renault, Toyota and the GPMA, raised a number of concerns which they wanted to identify before today's meeting of the World Motor Sport Council.

The concerns relate to the Organisation Agreement, Engine Homologation and Rule Changes. They also raised concerns regarding the restriction on testing (Article 63 b), the engine ballast penalty (Article 86 a) and the new gear box rule (Article 87).

With regard the Organisation Agreement, the manufacturers wrote: "The 1998 Concorde Agreement to which the teams and the FIA are parties, guarantees the participating teams, during each year of the term, a right of entry into the Championship. Furthermore, the 1998 Concorde Agreement provides for the teams, as stakeholders in the sport, to have a significant role in its governance. The provisions appear to have been removed from the latest proposals submitted by the FIA post 2007 and we would ask that provisions to accomodate these concerns be taken into account in the draft 2008 Sporting Regulations to be approved by the World Motor Sport Council."

On Engine Homologation: "Whilst all signatories to this letter (and Cosworth) agree and confirm that they are commited to reducing engine costs, we realise that there is no time to discuss this issue further with you before the meeting of the World Motor sport Council; we would respectfully request that Regulation 86e and Appendix 6 be agreed before the Sporting Regulations are adopted."

As for Rule Changes: "We have noted that the provision for changes in the Sporting and Technical Regulations, which are currently set out in Appendix 5 of the draft 2008 Sporting Regulations, are different from those proposed in your letter of 18 November 2005. We would wish to see the composition, voting structure and process of the Formula One Commission and its related working groups being established in line with your 18 November 2005 proposal. In particular, we beleive that, further to previous discussions, if the majority of teams vote in favour of a change, such a change should not be capable of being vetoed by the F1 Commission."

The signatories to the letter suggest that the changes could be made to the provisions which would better the FIA's three main objectives.

However, in his response to the letter, Mosley notes that it contained no proposals which could be substituted for any of those being presented to the World motor sport council, and which were made available on March 1, and then again - with minor modifications - on March 15.

Furthermore, Mosley points out that none of the signatories attended the meeting in early 2005 at which the 2008 regulations were discussed. He also claims that the manufacturers own proposals which were due to be presented in June 2005 are still not forthcoming.

"In the circumstances, the Council decided to adopt the proposed Sporting Regulations in their entirety," he writes, "and extend an invitation to all interested teams to enter the 2008 Championship and participate in discussions on any element which they believe could be improved."

He adds: "The Council noted that although the 2008 Sporting Regulations are now fixed, any element could be changed on a proposal of a simple majority of the entered teams sitting in the Sporting Working Group (Appendix 5) and that the Formula One Commission or World Motor Sport Council would only reject such a proposal in the overall interests of the Formula One World Championship or of motor sport in general."

All the video's - also in some sembelence of an order as well.

Clicky Senna - 1985 in the UK - 1.9mb

Clikly Senna at Monaco (onboard) - 1986 - 21.8MB

Clicly Onboard with Senna @ Phoenix - 1991 - 17.2mb

Clicky Senna's Pole lap round Monaco (onboard) - 1991 - 6.6mb

Clicky Senna's Pole lap around Interlagos (onboard) - 1991 - 11mb

Clicky Onboard with Senna on the Donnington Park 1st lap in 1993 - Possible the finest single lap of all time - 4.2mb

Clicky Senna - Donnington in 1993 again - 3.8mb

Clicky Senna @ Barcelona - Start - 2.3mb

Clicky Onboard with Senna during qualifying at Suzuka - 11.6mb

Clicky Senna shows what a NSX is for - 20.4mb

Tribute video's...

Clicly Portrait Of Ayrton Senna with Martain Brundle - 18.7

Clicky Ayrton Senna Memorial Movie - 49.8mb

Clicky Ayrton Senna A Tribute - 9.9mb

And finally...

Clicky Senna's last lap - San Marino Grand Prix, Imola - 1994 - 10.3mb

Last edited:
Zip said:
Could you put the rest in a ZIP file so i only have one download box taking all my brandwith :o

Stupid 256k :(

Sorry mate - were uploading from home and I'm at work - set them going shortly before I left to return here.

Thought that individial files would be better anyway.

The files aren't going anywhere though - they'll stay there for a while.

Simon/~Flibster

Max Moseley responds...again...

In Max Mosley's response to an eleventh hour - well twenty-second hour - letter from five manufacturers and the GPMA, the FIA President makes a couple of points that a GPMA source has felt obliged to react to.

With regards Mosley's claim that the teams and manufacturers did not attend the meetings held in early 2005 at which the 2008 proposals were discussed, the GPMA source claims that these meetings were held in the wake of Ferrari's u-turn, when the Italian manufacturer quit the breakaway organization it had co-founded, to sign up with Bernie Ecclestone.

"All nine teams and five manufacturers wanted to discuss the matter amongst themselves," and that's why they didn't attend the early meeting," said the source.

With regards Mosley's claim that the team never delivered their proposals in June, the source claims that no such deadline was set and that a summary of proposals was submitted on 25 July, the day after the German Grand Prix.

Indeed, the GPMA source claims that some of the proposals submitted to the FIA, such as a single tyre supplier and knock-out qualifying format, have already found their way into the F1 rulebook.

Back
Top Bottom