Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It isn't popular to vote Conservatives - for whatever reason. There is a facebook group about "that awkward silence after someone says they're voting Tory" - and it's true.

You do realise there is one of those groups for every political party, and for when various races, gingers and women speak out of turn. (not saying i agree with them, just pointing it out :p)

As for me i voted lib dems.

Soldato
Bare in mind I presently live in the North West, so a biased anti-Thatcher demograph?
I don't think it's just the same old miners not letting go of the past. Uni these days just seems to be awash with Lib Dem supporting, "I agree with Nick" chanting, sheep. I had hoped the tories had managed to get rid of the unfounded embarrassment people have when voting tory, still let's hope for a huge shy tory factor :)

And

And

Associate
What... like Greece? Italy? New Zealand? I'm all for Electoral Reform, but I think it should take years to think about. Not an election pledge of a former nobody.

This is Britain, not Italy, Greece or New Zealand. Seeing as our deficit in percentage terms to GDP is WORSE than Greece's and we don't have a coalition your point falls flat.

Soldato
I think my justification for voting tory is quite fair and logical.

Although it will be different for others... the Conservative policy of 0% inheritance tax will have a substantial impact on the amount I inherit from family members (It may seem "horrible" to think this way, but I'd rather plan for eventualities than ignore them).

At least in my situation it equates to a substantial amount of money saved (over 250k) which cannot be matched by any other party in terms of tax savings or otherwise. The Conservatives also are unable to impose taxes of that amount during their term whether they raise council tax, income tax or even new tax policies.

For me it's logic over actual need... but I do like Cameron over Gordon at this present time, although his skills no doubt helped our recession when compared to the offerings of the other candidates, he was the most qualified to drive us through this successfully.

Other way I can see this backfiring is if too many cuts to defence are made and we get invaded... then my savings won't matter :p.

Soldato
I voted Lib Dems. Wouldn't vote for any of the 'old parties'.

The Liberal Party was one of the two major British political parties from the mid 19th century until the rise of the Labour Party in the 1920s, and a third party of varying strength and importance up to 1988, when it merged with the Social Democratic Party (the SDP) to form a new party which would become known as the Liberal Democrats.

Associate
i voted conservative. i don't trust clegg and brown wasn't elected properly just stepped up because he had to, and brought the uk to its knees

with david c, OK he has got a few things people dont like about him but the thing is he is unlike the other two main parties. he said "ok heres what im going to do, but in order to achieve those goals this will have to be cut or held back till we get on our feet".
that kind of attitude is good, better then brown, 'oh well look i got you in the sh!t, now its going to take me 4 years to make it better'. by which time a year later, were be at an election again. All brown can do is hide in the media, now,pick pointless holes in David's manifesto, then to give the impression that he's nice to your face, but speaks bad words of you behind your back, and to which was a life long voter of his own consistency

then nick just dosnt have to balls to speak up over the other two instead taking a back seat, which is were he fell, i think. plus i despise he's immunity for current immigrants. Really how did he think that one was going to go down! well i know it didn't with many people ive spoke to about the elections and debates.

i think its time for change from the greedy labours, but i just hope we dont have a hung parliament as you can say bye to your earnings on high taxes and poor government

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I will be voting Lib Dem after work, same as my wife did via post.

(I haven't influence her :p)

Back
Top Bottom