Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I have voted, I am pleased with my votes (Local & General) and I hope my party get a clear majority.

I don't think you'll get your General wish.

Whilst it's hardly a true demographic, the majority of this forum historically has right wing tendencies (or lol racist as deemed by those who don't understand racism) and if the Conservatives haven't been streets ahead in our polls I can't see them getting a big enough majority in the real world.

Soldato
According to my girlfriend I'm a racist and a bigot for thinking of voting conservative, and she's launched an attack on me based on one morning of research.

She's taking this personally as she's Iranian, and I'm completely shocked. Up until now things have started going pear shaped, and this has just tipped it for me.

I don't know what to say or do, I've said I'm ending it. Turns out I'm a racist, been with her a year and 3 months...
It isn't popular to vote Conservatives - for whatever reason. There is a facebook group about "that awkward silence after someone says they're voting Tory" - and it's true.

Anyway, a friend of colour :)eek:) said the same as your girlfriend to me. His thinking was, immigration cap = racist. That was it. So maybe it's a misunderstanding? Not that I could convince him otherwise....

Suspended
According to my girlfriend I'm a racist and a bigot for thinking of voting conservative, and she's launched an attack on me based on one morning of research.

She's taking this personally as she's Iranian, and I'm completely shocked. Up until now things have started going pear shaped, and this has just tipped it for me.

I don't know what to say or do, I've said I'm ending it (based on other things building up as well as this). Turns out I'm a racist, been with her a year and 3 months...

*sigh*

Women are difficult. let her calm down and all will be well. Buy her a puppy or something.

Suspended
Anyway, a friend of colour :)eek:) said the same as your girlfriend to me. His thinking was, immigration cap = racist. That was it. So maybe it's a misunderstanding? Not that I could convince him otherwise....

There are too many immigrants, and no, it isn't racist to say so. The strain they are putting our services under is incredible, it can't continue.

Suspended
Argh...

If LibDem had a clear lead, there is more chance of your and I running through America killing people with poision tipped bic biros than LibDem's still wanting PR.

Well, the cynic in you may feel that way. Naturally, I couldn't comment ;)

I'd hope they'd stick to their guns and do what they say they'll do. That's all I want from a leader. Not much to ask either is it?

Soldato
It isn't popular to vote Conservatives - for whatever reason. There is a facebook group about "that awkward silence after someone says they're voting Tory" - and it's true.

This really annoys me... Why is it a shameful thing to vote tory? They've even got a hip young leader these days. This country annoys me so much sometimes...

And

And

Associate
But, lets not forget the sole reason LibDems/SNP/Plaid etc. want PR is to maximise their power and egos. It is not for us, the electorate.

While the form of PR proposed by the Lib Dems for example (STV) is said to weaken the link between constituency and MP, it gives a fairer reflection of the percentage of votes making seats both in what would be expanded constituencies and in the Commons. It also allows for greater representation by smaller parties, which is better for the electorate as it gives a wider spread of opinions in Westminster. Politics is about working together, debate and consensus, not taking a sledgehammer to get your own policies through because you know you have the majority to do it. If more parties could be actively involved in the actual process of making Bills the country would be a lot better for it.

One party taking just over a third of the vote nationally is not a mandate to govern IMO.

Soldato
Politics is about working together, debate and consensus... if more parties could be actively involved in the actual process of making Bills the country would be a lot better for it..
What... like Greece? Italy? New Zealand? I'm all for Electoral Reform, but I think it should take years to think about. Not an election pledge of a former nobody.

Soldato
Cameron could desecrate the Queen Mothers body and i still couldn't bring myself to vote Labour.

Went for the Blues, got to be careful that too many people don't split between Conservative and LibDem and leave Labour with enough votes to retain usable power.

Back
Top Bottom