2012 Weight Loss Thread

Soldato
I took some shots the other week, so I could see progress. Sorry for your eyes. Still a way to go yet, but hey.

photo_zps670f43bb.jpg

Start: 16st
Then: 13st11
Now: 13st8

9 pounds to get me under 13st before Christmas. Piece of cake.

Soldato
9 pounds to get me under 13st before Christmas. Piece of cake.

Well that's not going to help :p

Just back from a two week trip to the USA, where I ate whatever the hell I liked - 13lbs gained! I'm not worried by it though as a lot of that will be water weight from huge amount of sodium. Looking forward to getting back on the bike and diet :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My Mrs makes cakes for a living. It's like temptation hell constantly. "Want a cookie I made?"
Of course I bleeding well do! I just will not and then I will watch you eat one. FFS.

Christ 13lb in 2 weeks is some impressive going :p Like you said though, sure you'll slap it back off again. I get worried about gaining as I then think it will be harder to lose, but it's mostly all in my head.

Soldato
I'm 93lbs down with 7lbs to go before April 2013 having set a 100lbs/12month target. Likewise existing clothes are useless but old ones are back on-line :)

I've really tried hard to slow it down over the last couple of months by increasing my daily intake but days like today when I've done a 10k run I can't eat enough.

Tea Drinker
Don
Ricky that's hawt

Starting today, target to get <20st, signed up for a local boot camp and just got back which apart from everything now hurting was a good session, including in the sessions are weigh ins PBs size and shape measures and a nutrition plan.

Taken 20 years to put on so not going to happen overnight.

Next one Thursday, going to try to find something to do at the weekend as well.

Soldato
My advice would be do something every day, start with something small but do it every day. Form an exercise habit. Sort your food intake early as well. Booze has to stop even if this is only a temp measure until you are blasting calories off. Get myfitnesspal on your phone and track everything that passes you lips.

Soldato
Get in there Ricky! You can see ABS! Jealous. :p

I'm hovering on 13st8 at the moment, after holiday I was back up at 13st11 as I wanted to enjoy my holiday. Now on a strict soup and small meals diet. I will see these stomach muscles, just need to up the weights as I've been mega lax. Always an excuse not to, you know.

Soldato
This time last year I was 147kg, now I'm 102kg -Target is 90kg, I am 6,4ft. All the fat now seems to be located pretty much around my belly. Any one have any suggestions to blast or "target" my belly fat a bit more?

My exercise plan in an nutshell is:

Legs
Core
Upper body
7 mile weekend run.

Besides the weekend run, at the end of each exercise I do a 7 minute non stop series of 6 bur-pees, jump squats and push ups, and see how many I can do. I know it's best not to do a billion sit ups and I should concentrate on a all body workout, but it's kind of frustrating losing almost 100lbs and you see fat on your belly. :p

Diet is:

Eggs / Oats
Wholemeal ham & salad sandwich with grapes and a banana
Almonds & Walnuts
Veg & chicken
Lots of water :)

Alcohol is bad for belly fat so avoid that. Next is to just continue exercise and eating well. The belly is one of the last things to go because you need to reduce body fat % to get rid of it all. A full six pack is in the 10-12% fat region. Sub 10% and it will be very well defined.

Soldato
Hi Guys

After about 12 months of only going to the gym once a month I started going running about 3 weeks ago and hopefully this will give me a kick start. I seem to be hovering around 3 miles in 30 minutes at the moment and doing that about 3 times a week. I find I can do my first mile with constant jogging in around 9 minutes and then the rest is a bit of a mixture of jogging/walking when I get tired. No strict intervals just do what I can when I can. I’ve found the mapmyrun app on the iphone a great source of motivation.

One thing I’m sure would help would be to combine some weight work into the above to help me bring my weight down. I don’t really want to join a gym though so looking for things to do at home with free weights (which I own). There's’s so much stuff online that it's hard to know what’d be best for me and what wouldn’t work. Does anyone have any suggestions of a routine I could try and stick to at home using the weights I currently own? Sadly theres not much free space around to buy a bench or anything and it's certainly my chest where I feel most conscious. At the moment I just seem to do the odd weights but nothing in a structured routine and I’m sure I’m not doing myself any favours.

I also can't really do press ups at the moment due to a dodgy left wrist, weights don't seem to affect it as much though.

I’m about 16st 3lbs at the moment and all my current clothes in large are starting to get very tight as I seem to have put on quite a bit of weight recently which I want to try and shed quickly. My diet isn’t the best but I wouldn’t say it was dreadful. Generally it's a bowl of cereal for breakfast around 8am, then around 10ish I’d say I have an apple and tangerine, sandwich for dinner and then tea is whatever we have in at the time. This can range from something healthy to store bought pizzas which obviously doesn’t help but in the current circumstances I don’t think this will change much. I’ve cut out booze during the week in the last couple weeks but do like sharing the odd bottle of red wine at weekends which again doesn’t help. Want to try and get a balance though so that I stick to it.

Soldato
Rofl i love stuff like this. My diet isn't that bad, because I have two pieces of really sugary fruits complementing an otherwise horrific diet. And I've cut out alcohol, although really I haven't.

Trollolololol.

Soldato
Don’t get me wrong I know it's not fantastic but I’ve always assumed it wasn’t horrific. I don’t really have sugary drinks or chocolate.

I know I enjoy a drink and whilst it's obviously better to cut it out entirely that’s not realistic for a long term diet as I know it wouldn’t last so I’ve cut it down to a level where I’m not drinking everyday/every other day.

By all means be constructive, I tend to get hungry mid-morning so I eat fruit. If there’s something I can replace that with then so be it. I tend to have various nuts at work for any other times I pick but I know they’re not the healthiest option ether.

Like I said tea wise, it's unlikely to change due to our family circumstances at the minute but that’s not permanent and I’m sure once things change we’ll get back to more home cooked healthy food as we did before I piled on weight.

Soldato
All I can recommend from the last 10 months of dieting is to record what you eat, either on paper or mentally (once you know how much is in certain foods) - no cheeky snacks.

So far this year I've gone from 15.5 to 12.5 (as of yesterday) with a little bit more to go.

I've had the odd day in which I've gone over & faltered a few days at a time, but it's important to get back on the horse asap.

I'd strongly recommend doing weight lifting, I've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for the last 10 months on & off (odd week rest) & had great success.

Soldato
I've managed to go from 16 stone dead, to 13 stone 10 since the 18th September, and that's just eating sensibly and cutting out the crap! :o

I'm looking forward to what I'll look like in a few months time once I've started at the gym!:D

Soldato
Gimp, that's about the same as me. I was 16st1 or something and now down to 13st7 as of today. I've not ridden in a couple of weeks as it's so bloody cold out there, but I've cut things right back.

For Marvt, I'd say keep a record of what you eat, loosely if you like, mine is all in my head, but also, start to reduce your portion sizes. It's very easy to say, I don't eat too badly, but I was king of a massive plate full in the evening. Now, I eat like a rabbit. Don't get me wrong, I still have my meals out from time to time and drink now and then but never in the week and I'm back on it afterwards.
If you don't allow yourself some of the luxuries, you won't stick with it!

Soldato
Just back from a two week trip to the USA, where I ate whatever the hell I liked - 13lbs gained! I'm not worried by it though as a lot of that will be water weight from huge amount of sodium. Looking forward to getting back on the bike and diet :)

Things are back on track now, I'm up about 10lbs from my lowest weight but feeling happy and healthy which is what matters.

Aiming to get to what I was weighing pre holiday by the end of November then losing a further 3-4lbs by Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom