2012 Weight Loss Thread

Caporegime
Start:94kg (November 2012)
Now:71kg

Couple of progress pics, sorry in advance for the amount of flab on display :)

wv1gd5.jpg

15d8n0g.jpg

Congrats man, that's quite the change!

Can I ask what you did to get to that shape? I need to start getting back into shape but I'm clueless. :o

Soldato
Congrats man, that's quite the change!

Can I ask what you did to get to that shape? I need to start getting back into shape but I'm clueless. :o

Thanks dude, down to just under 70kg now, lost a bit of muscle but mostly fat. This post sums up what I did until July http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22425567&postcount=854

Since then I've dropped the weights completely as I'm working towards two half marathons so my priority is fitness and shedding a bit more fat so I have less dead weight to haul around! After the half marathons I'll dial the running back (currently doing 30-40km per week) and go back to Starting Strength.

I'm also following the 16/8 intermittent fasting regime which has helped me shed some more weight recently. There's a thread in here that has more details on that if you want to read it.

The only supplement I take is a protein/oat shake after a longer run because it's an easy way to get some calories and we don't eat much meat so the protein probably helps (it also tastes like banana milkshake which is a bonus!).

Soldato
Just managed to hit 12stone 13 this morning, pleased as punch to be below 13stone now!.

Gone from 15.5 & still got a bit to go!, this 8/16 fast routine does seem to help quite a bit, my loss went from 0.5 a week to around 1.5 a week (only 1000 less calories a week)

Soldato
My losses have thankfully slowed as I've approached my target, just broke the 6 stone loss mark since April and am sat at 102kg. Only 7kg to target and 2 till I'm out of tripple figures :)

Soldato
My losses have thankfully slowed as I've approached my target, just broke the 6 stone loss mark since April and am sat at 102kg. Only 7kg to target and 2 till I'm out of tripple figures :)
That's some impressive progress.

I did my measurements/photos last night - I was pretty shocked at the difference compared to 6 months ago.

Slow progress you don't notice until you look at the pictures before, but I've gone from a 42 inch to a 33 round the waist (which was more than I'd thought lol).

Soldato
"Only" 0.6 pounds lost this week, but to be honest I'm suprised it's not a 2+ pound gain based on the week I've had, full of treats and naughtyness!

2 Weeks 2 days to lose 6.2lbs.....

knapp01_zps1c9a9ab3.png

Associate
I've had a sore foot and been off the treadmill for over a week got a 10k run to raise money for charity 2 weeks on Saturday.

I went back on today, I felt sick and wanted to stop, but I made it, ran 10k in 59 minutes on treadmill helped by the gym owner, beat personal best by 16 minutes.

Even got up to 14 kph at one point.

Soldato
A week of carnage that involved a wedding and a visit to my folks house and a night in the pub at Stokesley fair coupled with no exercise from Wednesday - Monday and I feared the scales.... 2lb loss though so no drama.

I have discovered that Guinness is actually a diet food ;)

Soldato
I've signed up for a run in November, it's only a 5k run, but hey I'm not a runner in any shape and this will get me out running as practice, so hope it comes off. Aim is to lose it by Christmas as I'll be out skiing then and want to be fighting weight for that!

Soldato
Afternoon gents,

I'm hoping to lose a lot of weight and to try and get my health back on track now I'm a Dad... I want to see my son and daughter getting married (Not to each other you dirty beggars) etc and not die of heart attack!

Now not that it matters why but I used to weigh around 17 stone 4 and although a little podgy was much happier etc... rewind to 9 years ago when my Dad suddenly died and I got into a deep, often suicidal depression, that I'm only just getting out of now with counselling etc

Last year when I got weighed I'd topped out at 24St 8Lbs, I'm 6ft8 so it never really looked to bad but I didn't feel good at all! recently have started dieting and taking more exercise and have dropped to 22St 11bs within the past 6 weeks...

Two things then... firstly due to health problems, running isn't really an option but is there anything else I can do to help speed up the weight loss?

Secondly although I don't think my stomach actually looks any smaller but it has gone from being rock solid to really squishy, can anyone tell me why this is happening as it looks gross and does this mean I'm going to have loads of excess skin?

Associate
First off well done for losing that weight so far, just try and keep up what you have been doing!

Is cycling/walking an option?

With loose skin from what I've seen and experienced its a bit hit and miss but most importantly you will be healthier for losing the weight.

Soldato
Cycling is a no, I don't own a bike but I do walk the dog most nights for about 2hrs, problem is as I've gotten so heavy and despite investing in a good pair of walking shoes my feet feel murderous afterwards...

Associate
I started trying to trim down about 6 weeks ago. Been watching what i eat (although ive eaten loads of unhealthy things today) and trying to get out on my road bike a few times a week. The weather hasnt been helping much though over the past couple of weeks. started off at 16st 3lbs and the scales today read 15st exactly (the lightest ive been for about 5 years). still got a long way to go. Target is about 13st.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom