2012 Weight Loss Thread

Associate
It's possible mate, this time last year I was 26st, I'm 15st now.

I started walking and jogging around the weight you are now so give it a chance again even if it's down the road and back. Decent shoes made all the difference!

Soldato
It's possible mate, this time last year I was 26st, I'm 15st now.

I started walking and jogging around the weight you are now so give it a chance again even if it's down the road and back. Decent shoes made all the difference!

How much better do you feel for losing so much weight?

Other than walking and jogging what else did you do?

Soldato
Might as well join in the fray, probably picked the worst time to start serious weight loss with my final uni year, work, volunteering, etc but then again I got to where I am now because it's never a good time.

Stand at 6'1" and 112.5kg/17.7 stone/248 pounds and jeans wise hover around 36/38 waist size depending on the brand. I would say my goal is actually more towards my fitness rather than weight loss, but hey anything to make me look more attractive is a bonus! Ideally I'd say for now my target would be to get down to 15 stone which is where I was the happiest and I would be delighted if I reach that by my birthday in May. I will be somewhat hindered by the fact that I'm carrying a small cartilage tear in my left knee so heavy cardio sessions are out of question.

I need to create myself a decent diet plan along with an exercise one and find a gym since one I loved a few years back has gone downhill. I'll get some more measurements done and post pics later, nothing better to motivate yourself than flabby pictures of yourself on the internet!

Soldato
Think you got it bad mate my target is 15stone, from shy of 23...

I know people who don't weigh that much... lol

More or less what I was staring down back in April this year. I was 140kg and wanted to be 95kg. It's not as horrific as it seems so long as its something you really want to do.

Associate
This time last year I was 147kg, now I'm 102kg -Target is 90kg, I am 6,4ft. All the fat now seems to be located pretty much around my belly. Any one have any suggestions to blast or "target" my belly fat a bit more?

My exercise plan in an nutshell is:

Legs
Core
Upper body
7 mile weekend run.

Besides the weekend run, at the end of each exercise I do a 7 minute non stop series of 6 bur-pees, jump squats and push ups, and see how many I can do. I know it's best not to do a billion sit ups and I should concentrate on a all body workout, but it's kind of frustrating losing almost 100lbs and you see fat on your belly. :p

Diet is:

Eggs / Oats
Wholemeal ham & salad sandwich with grapes and a banana
Almonds & Walnuts
Veg & chicken
Lots of water :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Might as well join in the fray, probably picked the worst time to start serious weight loss with my final uni year, work, volunteering, etc but then again I got to where I am now because it's never a good time.

I went from 133kg -> 74kg in across my final year or uni (still got a first :p) and about 8 months of my first 'real' job as a graduate. Once things click it actually helps a lot. During exam times having a gym sesh was a great change of focus and I actually had a couple of 'Eureka!' moments about my final year project whilst at the gym.

Do it faggot! :D

Soldato
I went from 133kg -> 74kg in across my final year or uni (still got a first :p) and about 8 months of my first 'real' job as a graduate. Once things click it actually helps a lot. During exam times having a gym sesh was a great change of focus and I actually had a couple of 'Eureka!' moments about my final year project whilst at the gym.

Do it faggot! :D

How did you know :confused: :eek: :D

Soldato
Hey all, just wanted to share some info. I've been trying to lose some extra fat for the last 2 weeks and its going amazing. I started off at 90kg 5"7 manlet and after 3 weeks I'm around 86kg, but not only that I feel amazing, and I'm already getting stronger.

Work out - Manly weight training

Monday - Back, Biceps
Tuesday - Tricep, Shoulder, Chest
Wednesday - High Interval Resistance Cardio (Execire Bike) I find this is amazing lets me do 30mins and get the benefits of 45-1hour
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - My rest Day
Sunday - Start again

With my Diet I have cut most things, it is just down to complex carbs, protein.

Breakfast - Oatmeal, 2 egg white, lots of water
Snack - can of Tuna, salad, no dressing at all
Lunch - Brown rice, grilled chicken breast, grilled veg
Pre workout - Small Whey shake with skimmed milk
Post workout - Whey Shake, Banana
Lunch 2 - whole wheat pasta, grilled fish, grilled veg
Dinner - Grilled Veg, Chicken (Don't like having Crabs later on during the day)

Try to get in atleast 3 liters of water a day. I have 2 cheats a week, 1 meal out with the misses, I generally keep to something health, cut out all the bad things I should be avoiding, try to stick to pasta with just tomato sauce and grilled veg/lean meat. And my other cheat is a small snack that I share with the misses too, she hates snacking when I can so I have to keep her happy.

So far its been great, feeling fitter, stronger, health, should have started this years ago.

Soldato
Weighed in this morning, since I was out with the family yesterday and haven't been too strict, I was pleased I was 13st11.5

For me to get below 13st11 was a big thing as this is how heavy I was when I was gyming 4 times a week and can't remember the last time I was lighter than this at all. Still want to get to 13st by Christmas, next micro target is 13st5!

Then attempting to see my abs lol

Associate
No idea what week I'm on now having been away on holiday for a month :p

Didn't put a lb on whilst I was away and first week back I lost 5lbs, water weight I hope :o

Now down to 14st 12lbs.

Soldato
MyFitnessPal & Fat Secret Calorie Counter are the best, I prefer Calorie Counter but the exercise half of MFP is much better.

Chest (Under arms, nipple height)
Waist
Hips

Just measure these once in a while and note them down. Add upper arms/thighs/calves etc. if you fancy it.

Soldato
Thought I'd post here, at the start of the year I was pushing 16stone 10lbs at 6"3 :(
Now my current weight fluctuates between 12 st 3lb and 12 stone 7lbs and looking to start training for triathlons only problem is all my old clothes look ridiculous on me...

Man of Honour
Get logging guys, a lot of you are doing some incredible numbers in terms of weight loss, and it's something a lot of people trying to do the same will want to read about. See how you've done it and how you were feeling from start to finish

It's a great thing to do, gives all of us something to read and be inspired by, and a forum for us all to encourage each other. People will see it more as it's in a dedicated forum

Really can't stress enough how rewarding it can be to have a log of your goals/progress

Back
Top Bottom