• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Caporegime
New 2080 Ti turned up and my replacement is also running Samsung GDDR6, even came with a new BIOS revision that I flashed to the other card.

Fans are quiet and my logo is green so that's a start, just hope the space invaders don't show up now :D

lcryL3Vl.jpg

Your box have the black top on it as well?

Associate
If VRAM faults are the main issue with Micron due to a bad batch then I'm not taking chances, as I had both cards originally within days of each other I have initiated an advanced RMA on that as well.

Nvidia live chat was quick, I asked for an advanced RMA and they gave me one straight away at no cost to me. So hopefully that will have the same Samsung VRAM as well.

Soldato
More faults
https://m.hardocp.com/article/2018/11/09/geforce_rtx_2080_ti_fails_after_gaming_for_2_hours/

45613781_2433382320021682_679424767794610176_o.png

Last edited:
Associate
Well my Gainward RTX 2080Ti Phoenix Golden Sample which I got monday this week also decided it wanted to be RMA'ed. Suddenly today wanting to game, it would display star flashing like artifacts in all different colours - looking like something on a christmas tree, and afterward the image would stutter to a halt and the then black screen, and then only a hard reset would get me back into windows. The card has now been packed and I'm awaiting an RMA number....

My wifes MSI RTX 2080 Duke OC knocking on wood still lives.

Associate
Is this new from Nvidia? Also, what is the difference with this bios?

No idea, but my replacement 2080 Ti FE that has Samsung VRAM came with an update BIOS.

Did take the BIOS from the new card and flash it to the other card with micron vram and it's seems to be working ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom