***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Caporegime
I'll end up just playing Overwatch in 16:9 when they do the patch, it's a joke.

Even bigger joke, my friend with a 21:9 screen was playing Overwatch for days before I bought it and questioned about our black bars. He never noticed. He is soooo blind.

Associate
Finally got my EVGA 180 SC and got the X34a out of it's box. Very happy to report no dead pixels, overclocked to 100Hz no problem and minimal bleed (by looks of).

Going to wall mount it tomorrow cos it takes up soooo much space :D

XRR5yjG.jpg

Soldato
Omg boohoo, you buy a niche tech and expect all devs to bend their knees for you.

So difficult editing an .ini
iSize W=2560 or 3440
iSize H=1080 or 1440
bBorderless=1

And adding this
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...ods.com/fallout4/ajax/modfiles/?id=9264&pUp=1

So it's ok for the devs to be lazy and expect the players to manually edit the ini files and download 3rd party mods to get their games working? Then when a patch comes out those players can not play until a new version of the mod is released... 21:9 has been around long enough for the devs to officially support it. If a 3rd party mod can do it surely the devs could have included it? Especially for an AAA title that will net them millions of £££.

If I had known Fallout 4 wouldn't support 21:9 I would have voted with my wallet and pirated it instead. As I will for ALL future games that do not support this aspect ratio.

Associate
So it's ok for the devs to be lazy and expect the players to manually edit the ini files and download 3rd party mods to get their games working? Then when a patch comes out those players can not play until a new version of the mod is released... 21:9 has been around long enough for the devs to officially support it. If a 3rd party mod can do it surely the devs could have included it? Especially for an AAA title that will net them millions of £££.

If I had known Fallout 4 wouldn't support 21:9 I would have voted with my wallet and pirated it instead. As I will for ALL future games that do not support this aspect ratio.

And what % of gamers actually have a 21:9 monitor? Its not economically feasible for devs to implement it, if only 0.05% of the gaming community has one.

"Hm... no 21:9 support? well.... best pirate it, I still want the game but... not gonna pay money for it cus it has no 21:9.... so... yeah pirate it instead!"
Your reasoning is a joke, its sad, pathetic.

YOU bought the 21:9 monitor KNOWING the lack of 21:9 support.

Its NICHE NICHE NICHE NICHE. Just like 4K is. Plenty games still dont have HUD scaling for 4K.

Associate
Using the "competitive advantage" card as an excuse is just laughable :p

If you want to compete, you buy the better and faster component. That's not cheating, that's common sense.

So using Crosshairs on your screen, for games that have none, is not cheating? Nor is upping gamma in dark games? Everyone should be on the same playing field, or as close as possible. Otherwise you might aswell allow steroids and other drugs in sports.

Associate
*sigh*

For those who were thinking of getting overwatch because of 21.9 support being confirmed and the update landed today.... you better hold of again:

q0o6ITDh.png.jpg

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20746784507?page=11#post-205

:rolleyes:

Better not support players using higher than 60HZ screens, wired internet, mice with the zowie fk 1/g502 sensor, mechanical keyboards, £100+ headphones with a good soundcard etc. etc.

Agreed, what a joke.

I was waiting to see if they supported 21:9 before purchase so now I guess I'll spend my cash elsewhere. I'll miss being able to play it but I refuse to buy any game without 21:9 support.

Associate
Agreed, what a joke.

I was waiting to see if they supported 21:9 before purchase so now I guess I'll spend my cash elsewhere. I'll miss being able to play it but I refuse to buy any game without 21:9 support.

So you cant play it as if you're gaming on a 16:9 27" ? Boohoo. These niche gamers.

Soldato
So you cant play it as if you're gaming on a 16:9 27" ? Boohoo. These niche gamers.

It's not niche... I would guess that 21:9 gamers are almost as common as SLI/Crossfire gamers and growing a lot faster.

21:9 is classed as a sweet spot for gamers, especially 3440x1440 because it's bigger, better and more immerse without the graphics card strain that 4k gives.

Why are you even posting in the 21:9 thread when all you do is criticize everyone using that aspect ratio? Your posts are like an old record repeating it's self over & over.

Soldato
It's not niche... I would guess that 21:9 gamers are almost as common as SLI/Crossfire gamers and growing a lot faster.

21:9 is classed as a sweet spot for gamers, especially 3440x1440 because it's bigger, better and more immerse without the graphics card strain that 4k gives.

Why are you even posting in the 21:9 thread when all you do is criticize everyone using that aspect ratio? Your posts are like an old record repeating it's self over & over.

Woohooo.... Someone else finally noticed it... Guys a complete whopper... Said in another post ive never had high fps before cause ive got a acer x34 and 1080...

playing q3 @ 333fps for over 7 years isnt having high fps :(

Last edited:
Associate

You're right I could play it on 16:9 but why should I support a company that chooses not to support such a fantastic new technology.

There's far more games out there than I have time for so missing one game is no big deal at all.

Back
Top Bottom