• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Yep. Great price, though for 4K I think the extra oomph provided by the 3070 is useful to keep things above 60, but not a big deal, nothing a bit of tweaking in the settings won't solve :)

Unless you play Cyberpunk with ray tracing enabled. FPS hovers around 40-50 @ 1440p DLSS quality, rtx shadows disabled, depending where you are. I hope CD Red gets their kickbacks as it was the reason I upgraded my living room box..

Interestingly @ 4k RTX 3070 completely chokes even if you run it at DLSS performance or ultra performance, I guess that 8GB just runs out at 4k + RTX even if the native resolution is the same with 1440p that runs fine (to some values of fine).

Associate
Out of interest, how hot & noisy do people find their FE cards compared to good AIB cards? Going from an MSI 3070 Suprem X which is massively over built & quiet to a 3080Ti FE & wondering if people notice it or the difference in practice isn't noticible in their case?

Associate
Out of interest, how hot & noisy do people find their FE cards compared to good AIB cards? Going from an MSI 3070 Suprem X which is massively over built & quiet to a 3080Ti FE & wondering if people notice it or the difference in practice isn't noticible in their case?

Biggest issue I found with the 2x FE cards I had was 1.) VRAM temperature causing fans to run crazy speed. This can be fixed by replacing the thermal pads. 2.) They coil-whine. Undervolting the cards reduces the whine somewhat, but its still loudest part of my system.

Associate
Yep. Great price, though for 4K I think the extra oomph provided by the 3070 is useful to keep things above 60, but not a big deal, nothing a bit of tweaking in the settings won't solve :)
You're right I got very excited when I seen the stock alert and may have jumped the gun a little HOWEVER when I first read the Ti review and seem the price at £369 I knew if I could grab one for that price I would and not a penny more especially since I can sell the Titan for more than I paid for the Ti.. but my twin needs to replace his 980 Ti which is struggling at 1440p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Unless you play Cyberpunk with ray tracing enabled. FPS hovers around 40-50 @ 1440p DLSS quality, rtx shadows disabled, depending where you are. I hope CD Red gets their kickbacks as it was the reason I upgraded my living room box..

Interestingly @ 4k RTX 3070 completely chokes even if you run it at DLSS performance or ultra performance, I guess that 8GB just runs out at 4k + RTX even if the native resolution is the same with 1440p that runs fine (to some values of fine).
Yeah, I think that is one of a handful of games that the 3070 would struggle in at 4K. You ideally need 3080 or better for those. But for like 99% of games out there it is perfectly fine :)

I feel next gen cards will properly tame 4K60 with every game which is something even the 3090 cannot do. Hopefully 3070 and above get 16GB as standard, at the very least it will stop the bickering and one-upsmenship.

Associate
3070 is fine for 4k. I still run gtx1080 and get over 60fps in all AAA games ultra settings except cyberpunk (which is poorly optimised), RDR2 and AC Valhalla

Soldato
Well happy with the build quality on this founders edition.

Yeah definitely telegram is the way to go for one of these cards.

Not seen you for an age! Hope you are well.

I'll second this... I picked up a 3080 on second attempt after joining FE PartAlert on Telegram.

I'm good thanks, I will probably start playing some overwatch again I message ya.

Associate
Biggest issue I found with the 2x FE cards I had was 1.) VRAM temperature causing fans to run crazy speed. This can be fixed by replacing the thermal pads. 2.) They coil-whine. Undervolting the cards reduces the whine somewhat, but its still loudest part of my system.
I carried out both points and my 3080 FE runs so much better. Point no.1 was the main issue.

Associate
I carried out both points and my 3080 FE runs so much better. Point no.1 was the main issue.
Just got my new 3080 Ti & starting basic tests. Don't fancy voiding the warranty replacing the pads though so hopefully temps aren't too bad for normal gaming. No coil whine running 3DMark at least!

Permabanned
3070 is fine for 4k. I still run gtx1080 and get over 60fps in all AAA games ultra settings except cyberpunk (which is poorly optimised), RDR2 and AC Valhalla

You mean 4k 30hz/ lowest settings??

I dunno what 3070s and 1080s you lot have, because my 3070 could not even run MK11at max settings. My 3070 could not run any new AAA titles at 4k max settings and hold 60fps. It did a great job at 1080p for me , did not test 1440p.

Last edited:
Permabanned

The 3090 FE definitely wins there and has the best cooling out of all the FE cards. It has a huge cooler! And does a great cooling job (with a good airflow case).

The 3080Ti FE/3080FE are also known to have turbo jet coolers. I'd recommend an AIB version if you are sensitive to noise :eek:. The AIBs run much more quiet at full load.

But , you could also get a Be Quiet case from OcUK. This could quiet up your card if needed. They have been reviewed to do a great job.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-base-802-midi-tower-case-black-ca-146-bq.html

Associate
That's strange.. my Titan Xp can play MK11 max settings 4k no issues?

I used to have all my settings cranked to 11 but I've learnt you can get by with a weaker gpu and tinker with the settings and you'll be fine..

Back
Top Bottom