• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Permabanned
That's strange.. my Titan Xp can play MK11 max settings 4k no issues?

I used to have all my settings cranked to 11 but I've learnt you can get by with a weaker gpu and tinker with the settings and you'll be fine..

Mk11 aside, that is better at 1080p for me as I don't like stutters when I'm playing online mode.

Cyberpunk2077, Red Dead Redemption 2, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Anthem, Total war 3 Kingdoms .....the list goes on.

None of these games can be played at 4k 60fps with medium/high settings on my 3070, I hope mine is not defective.

Associate
Hi all, managed to buy a 3060ti yesterday which will replace a my 9 year old GTX680.

Will it be ok to just swap over cards?

Rest of rig is also 9 years old, Gigabyte Z77 mobo on the last beta bios, 3570k, 16gb ram, Win7.
Nvidea driver version 466.47 which came out in May21 and is compatible with 3060ti. monitor is 1440p.

I am going to upgrade rig soon, just waiting on X570S mobo's to drop which looks like soon maybe.

Anyone see any problems doing this, advice appreciated

Soldato
Straight swap, will detect card fine. Then may as well install latest drivers straight after. Up to you if you want to do a clean install but shouldn't be required.

Soldato
Hi all, managed to buy a 3060ti yesterday which will replace a my 9 year old GTX680.

Rest of rig is also 9 years old, Gigabyte Z77 mobo on the last beta bios, 3570k, 16gb ram, Win7.
Nvidea driver version 466.47 which came out in May21 and is compatible with 3060ti. monitor is 1440p.

I am going to upgrade rig soon, just waiting on X570S mobo's to drop which looks like soon maybe.

Pretty much same as me, straight swapped with the 3080 while I wait for the x570s boards

Associate
Straight swap, will detect card fine. Then may as well install latest drivers straight after. Up to you if you want to do a clean install but shouldn't be required.

Pretty much same as me, straight swapped with the 3080 while I wait for the x570s boards

I guess its a PCI gen 3 so try it out as long as you can get away before you have to overhaul the mobo+cpu+ram.

Thanks guys for the advice.

When it arrives tomorrow i'll swap over and reply back hopefully all ok.

Will install new drivers over the top of existing. Thanks

Permabanned

9 years old card. What games do you play?

Associate
9 years old card. What games do you play?

Hi i was using an old Dell 22inch 1680x1050 up until a year or so ago. That lasted 13 years. Then i bought this LG 850 1440p monitor
and had to start wearing glasses to play some games.

Been wanting to upgrade the GTX680 since the 3 series nvideas came out but things happened.
Was very lucky yesterday just happened to go on nvideas site no alerts and there it was buy now.
My brain fused for a few seconds after months of not in stock.

Games i have been playing on the GTX680 using the LG monitor-
Kingdom Come Deliverance 1080p low settings slide show like the old days of gaming
The hunter call of the wild 1080p low med not too bad
Three kingdoms 1080p low med ok
Medieval dynasty think thats using 1440p maybe 1080p low med turned into slide show after a while
Going medieval 1440p full wack
RDR2 this was funny. Game first said no update year old gpu driver. Did that and then it did not like 2gb of vram but just about allowed me
to play at 720p all settings low. Plants looked like if i was to draw a tree.

I think i will notice the gpu upgrade.

Associate
Hi i was using an old Dell 22inch 1680x1050 up until a year or so ago. That lasted 13 years. Then i bought this LG 850 1440p monitor
and had to start wearing glasses to play some games.

Been wanting to upgrade the GTX680 since the 3 series nvideas came out but things happened.
Was very lucky yesterday just happened to go on nvideas site no alerts and there it was buy now.
My brain fused for a few seconds after months of not in stock.

Games i have been playing on the GTX680 using the LG monitor-
Kingdom Come Deliverance 1080p low settings slide show like the old days of gaming
The hunter call of the wild 1080p low med not too bad
Three kingdoms 1080p low med ok
Medieval dynasty think thats using 1440p maybe 1080p low med turned into slide show after a while
Going medieval 1440p full wack
RDR2 this was funny. Game first said no update year old gpu driver. Did that and then it did not like 2gb of vram but just about allowed me
to play at 720p all settings low. Plants looked like if i was to draw a tree.

I think i will notice the gpu upgrade.
Wow what an upgrade that will be!! Top of my head it'll be an easy 5x the performance! 1440p ultra from 720p low will be huge! Enjoy! :)

Soldato
Out of interest, how hot & noisy do people find their FE cards compared to good AIB cards? Going from an MSI 3070 Suprem X which is massively over built & quiet to a 3080Ti FE & wondering if people notice it or the difference in practice isn't noticible in their case?

My FE is quieter than my Auros 1080ti was. They are a big improvement over the old blower cards but also probably not as good as the best AIB cards.

Associate
You should although you will have quite a bit bottleneck even at 1440p with that old i5.

Any reason you want to wait for the X570s as a good B550 is really all a gamer needs?.

Hi, yes a B550 using a 2tb PCIe4 in first M2 and a 2tb PCIE3 in second M2 along with my existing crucial MX500 1TB was what i was planning on doing
seeing as there is no noticable differance in gaming or windows loading times whether the drive is 7GB/s or 560MB/s read speed which is odd.

So will direct storage address this. If the consoles are going to able to use i think 5.5GB/s read speed and games developers start to use this in the way they make games, being able to have all drives going faster than 5.5GB/s may be a good idea.

Its just a case of how long till the OS and games make use of this. I don't know.

As for the bottlekneck with the old cpu at 1440p thats going to be interesting to see how many fps i get and RTX3060ti reviews on what i should.

Soldato
Hi, yes a B550 using a 2tb PCIe4 in first M2 and a 2tb PCIE3 in second M2 along with my existing crucial MX500 1TB was what i was planning on doing
seeing as there is no noticable differance in gaming or windows loading times whether the drive is 7GB/s or 560MB/s read speed which is odd.

So will direct storage address this. If the consoles are going to able to use i think 5.5GB/s read speed and games developers start to use this in the way they make games, being able to have all drives going faster than 5.5GB/s may be a good idea.

Its just a case of how long till the OS and games make use of this. I don't know.

As for the bottlekneck with the old cpu at 1440p thats going to be interesting to see how many fps i get and RTX3060ti reviews on what i should.
The Xbox series X using direct storage has a PCIe gen 3.0 nvme with a 2.5gb/s read so I'd imagine this will be the the range that developers focus on with faster drives adding very little extra.

Back
Top Bottom