• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Hi all, managed to buy a 3060ti yesterday which will replace a my 9 year old GTX680.

Will it be ok to just swap over cards?

Rest of rig is also 9 years old, Gigabyte Z77 mobo on the last beta bios, 3570k, 16gb ram, Win7.
Nvidea driver version 466.47 which came out in May21 and is compatible with 3060ti. monitor is 1440p.

I am going to upgrade rig soon, just waiting on X570S mobo's to drop which looks like soon maybe.

Anyone see any problems doing this, advice appreciated

Thanks guys for the advice.

When it arrives tomorrow i'll swap over and reply back hopefully all ok.

Will install new drivers over the top of existing. Thanks

All done and fine. Swapped the cards, switched the pc back on, desktop was in very low resolution, windows detected new hardware, reinstalled existing drivers, restart, all good.

So i downloaded latest nvidea drivers and just installed them straight over the top of existing. Thanks for advice.

How do you enable dlss in RDR2. I tried changing the API setting from Vulkan to directx12, restarted game and got message "ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM" so could'nt start game.
This may be because i previously wacked the graphic settings up till i ran out of memory then dialed back 100mb saved and ran the benchmark.
I fixed the "ERR_GFX_D3D_DEFERRED_MEM" problem but still can't see a dlss setting. Is this a windows 7 problem. I'll get around to upgrading one day.

Associate
Use the accessibility method and upgrade for free still!! :)

Hi ThOnt, may i ask what is the accessibility method without searching the net for the meaning.
I have a genuine retail disc of win7. I'm going to upgrade to win10 when i upgrade to new cpu mobo ram very soon.
If win7 is limiting me in using things like DSLL then it might be sooner.

Just restored default graphic settings in RDR2 and changed API from Vulkan to directx12, game said restart, did so, got error message again.

Associate
Have just set my 3060 ti up as well and it is wonderful. Quite odd having such a quiet graphics card. It has really highlighted the CPU bottleneck I thought I had in MSFS 2020 though. I definitely needed the upgrade from the vega 56, but the 7700k at 4.9GHz just can't push the frames. Playing at 1440p ultra, it is averaging about 45fps - CPU limited!

Associate
Just had a quick look on the bay the 3060ti FE`s are like dog S__t and prices have dropped significantly from a couple of months back. Looking very good for the run up to the end of year hol`s maybe prices will be back to normal by then and not worth buying now with the potential for a big loss.

Associate
Are Hdmi cable heads supposed to heat up during use? I've never bothered to check, tbh.

Not impressed with how the 3080ti fe blower fan blows heat straight onto the hdmi cable head, the end plugged into the graphics card, obviously. Plus my case has some fixed metal blocking the exhausts. Temps stay around 80c though so i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom