• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Indeed, know its caught out few people I know. Work college managed to snag a FE 3080Ti after trying to get a 3080, could not work out why his hash rate was not much higher then his misses on a 3060Ti until we pointed out what's going on. Not a big deal for him as Mining was always secondary, but confusing non the less.

I can see how your work colleague got caught out when there are people on the internet saying that the FE 3080Ti is not LHR :rolleyes:

Soldato
Indeed, know its caught out few people I know. Work college managed to snag a FE 3080Ti after trying to get a 3080, could not work out why his hash rate was not much higher then his misses on a 3060Ti until we pointed out what's going on. Not a big deal for him as Mining was always secondary, but confusing non the less.

he could just mine something other then eth

Associate
Returning to the topic of security checks and debit payments for upgrades being blocked, plus retailers no longer accepting PayPal, after trying to apply for a Barclays forward card twice via their website and phonecall and being refused twice, I now have one after writing them one of my arguably ridiculous claims letters via resolver.

Its amazing how much a stupid lolcow's 'I WILL SUE YOU FOR MILLIONS' letter actually works for so many different things.

Associate
Well the water block is turning up today. ordered it yesterday and paid for week day delivery and dpd have decided to deliver it on Sunday….

Shame they didn’t do the same with the 3090 I ordered on the recent Friday drop and made me wait Monday for the card.

Associate
Well the water block is turning up today. ordered it yesterday and paid for week day delivery and dpd have decided to deliver it on Sunday….

Shame they didn’t do the same with the 3090 I ordered on the recent Friday drop and made me wait Monday for the card.

Did you get the EK one? I am thinking to water cool mine or not, memory hit 96c while gaming which I want to lower, gpu itself not too bad 70c max

Associate
I’ve always put my cards on water for lower temps and to get that little bit more on the gpu clock, do you need to do it no, but I enjoy little projects and that’s how I’ve now ended up with a duel loop system in a Corsair 1000d….

Associate
I think it is better for me to replace all thermal pads first and see how it goes.

It is too much for me to put it on water, also I have a compact ATX case which doesn't have lot of space inside and limited airflow for radiator.

Soldato
Did you get the EK one? I am thinking to water cool mine or not, memory hit 96c while gaming which I want to lower, gpu itself not too bad 70c max
I think it is better for me to replace all thermal pads first and see how it goes.

It is too much for me to put it on water, also I have a compact ATX case which doesn't have lot of space inside and limited airflow for radiator.
96c is fine and even micron themselves rate the GDDR6X up to 105C.

Changing the pads is largely a pointless exercise outside of mining as you risk damaging the card or having the warranty rejected for no real gain.

Associate
96c is fine and even micron themselves rate the GDDR6X up to 105C.

Changing the pads is largely a pointless exercise outside of mining as you risk damaging the card or having the warranty rejected for no real gain.

Still have another week or two before pads arrived. Will keep monitoring the temperature to do it or not.

Yes it is a risk to open up as the gpu temp is good, but sometimes worth doing it, I had 1080ti mini before and temperature drop by 10c (84c to 74c) with new thermal paste, no more thermal throttle and much quieter.

Associate
Still have another week or two before pads arrived. Will keep monitoring the temperature to do it or not.

Yes it is a risk to open up as the gpu temp is good, but sometimes worth doing it, I had 1080ti mini before and temperature drop by 10c (84c to 74c) with new thermal paste, no more thermal throttle and much quieter.
I am waiting for my pads to arrive as well. My 3080 sounds like a Dyson whilst RT gaming lol (GPU fans are at 2.6k+ RPM).

Associate
I am waiting for my pads to arrive as well. My 3080 sounds like a Dyson whilst RT gaming lol (GPU fans are at 2.6k+ RPM).

I only got fans running at full speed while playing one game, vram can easily reach 104c but fps even lower than my old 1080ti mini. Reset the game video settings fixed the issue, vram now 90c to 96c and fans running at around 1200 to 1300 rpm.

Associate
Quick question just snagged a 3090 FE from elsewhere, upon installing the card alls good.

I took the card out to transplant the other components into a new case and found there was slight play in the heatsink (less than 0.5mm upwards)- am I right that the cooler is just clipped into the aluminimum shround with 3 clips? They all look clipped in and certainly the cooler won't just suddenly pop out!- just wondered whether this is normal manufacturing tolerance or not?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom