• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Having replaced pads with normal thermal pads wasn't really that difficult only part was the ribbon cables and being extra careful

Just starting to look into the copper you don't want them moved out of place they can short out the board connections would 100% use tape around each vram chip
Cost wise I don't see this being worth it over some new pads which already reduce temps enough.

Soldato
Possibly not for people that only game on their machines, but those that mine when not gaming, like myself, a memory overclock is a must so to reduce temperatures more than a simple pad swap is a welcome addition.

Soldato
Possibly not for people that only game on their machines, but those that mine when not gaming, like myself, a memory overclock is a must so to reduce temperatures more than a simple pad swap is a welcome addition.

I replaced the pads on the 3080fe with the gelid ultimate pads the cards paid for itself now through mining was when profitability was higher so just in time, stock pads vram would hit over 100c and throttle itself and that's with fans really high

If I didn't mine I probably wouldn't have changed the pads as it's within spec according to Nvidia during gaming

With pads replaced it struggles to get past 84c fans at 60% , gaming wise depending on the game would go into the high 90's now the highest stays around 84c

Soldato
Thats not bad at all, I see 98oC when mining with +1050 on the RAM, I leave my fans on auto though as the missus has her desk next to where my machine is so try to keep it quiet..

Soldato
The RTX 3060tii and 3080 are still bargains at MSRP. If you can't bag a 3060ti then the 3070 is still a bargain.

I wonder if we'll see the 3070ti and 3080ti fail to sell out next drop?

Associate
It's beaten in price/perf by the 3070 (which it is closer in performance to, way behind 3080) quite handily. So I have my doubts. Especially with the recent MSRP price bump.
At 4K it has 81.1% (73/90) of the performance at 81.5% (529/649) of the price, doesn't seem way behind the 3080 in price/perf to me.

Edit: with the MSRP increase it's 84.5% of the price, but it's still not miles behind in price/perf like the 3080 Ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
At 4K it has 81.1% (73/90) of the performance at 81.5% (529/649) of the price, doesn't seem way behind the 3080 in price/perf to me.

Edit: with the MSRP increase it's 84.5% of the price, but it's still not miles behind in price/perf like the 3080 Ti.

Sorry, i meant its a difference performance bucket to the 3080 (way behind on performance). So I wouldn't necessarily compare them on perf/£. I agree the perf/£ is probably very similar.

Back
Top Bottom