400,000 graduate jobs

Soldato
[TW]Fox;13285982 said:
Yea, I looked at the numbers enroled for certain exams last year and was staggered at the amount of people doing psychology! Why?! :confused:

Fox, It's for those who did mediocre at A Level and decided that they were destined to be psychologists. The sooner they remove these idiotic degrees the better. Keep University for those with actual academic talent instead of letting in all the riff raff.

Associate
Who here graduated in July and is still looking for a job?

Luckliy not me, applied for 6 jobs got 5 interviews and 3 job offers. It would definitely be impossible to do that this year had i taken a year out because the competition for places has grown hugely. They're expecting 5 times as many applicants for the job i got this year :eek:

Soldato
Maybe they did mediocre at A-Level , now is possibly there final chance to get a good academic qualification (speaking about people at lower ranked universities) .. thoughts?

Permabanned
the problem is that people with a low degree class done in the late 90, when degrees were much harder are being bumfingered by people getting higher degree classes because of a toned down degree.

Soldato
Fox, It's for those who did mediocre at A Level and decided that they were destined to be psychologists. The sooner they remove these idiotic degrees the better. Keep University for those with actual academic talent instead of letting in all the riff raff.

Does psychology & philosophy count in this area of mediocrity? Just wondering as my girlfriend managed 3 A's and 1 B at A level and did that above course at a top 5 university in the country and I wouldn't call her mediocre or the degree idiotic. Unless the single study of psychology in a degree is completely different!

I graduated from uni 6 months ago, applied to a ridiculous amount of jobs through agencies, who are a waste of time 99.9%, one phoned me out of the blue, I went for 1st then 2nd interview and I now have a job for an amazing company and a brand new flat waiting for me to move in at the weekend!

I've been working my nuts off for 6 months doing freelance things and applying to lots of jobs, paid off in the end so for anyone who is unemployed keep trying as there are good jobs out there :)

Soldato
"If they did mediocre at A Level they have no place in an institution of Higher learning. "

Clearly they do otherwise they wouldn't be at uni :rolleyes: and GUESS WHAT
university is higher eduaction. :eek:

Caporegime
What were their A levels and degrees? In general, if one sucks the fat one at A Levels, they should suck an even fatter one at University level.

Unfortunately the whole system has been ruined.

I ended up with 160 UCAS points (stuffed up my second year) but managed to blag my way onto the course I am on now and am on my way to a 1/2:1

I guess it depends though, if you had a carp year (like me) or struggled all through your A-Levels and only just scraped through.

Back
Top Bottom