*** 4K Player Thread ***

Caporegime
I tried taking some shots of John Wick Chapter II, but it was daylight so there's a bit of reflection on the screen

20170904_180130.jpg

20170904_180059.jpg

Caporegime
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 in HDR and HDR+ and it's one awesome film.
The 4K picture is the best so far.

:eek:

Apparently it's a 2K Digital intermediate, I thought I wasn't blown away by the detail when I was watching it last night. It's still a very nice looking movie though and the HDR really brings out the colours (and it's a really colourful movie)

Soldato
Apparently it's a 2K Digital intermediate, I thought I wasn't blown away by the detail when I was watching it last night. It's still a very nice looking movie though and the HDR really brings out the colours (and it's a really colourful movie)

The detail on my TV blew me away. In the US one can buy\stream the DV version.

Soldato
:eek:

HDR + how :confused:

I press a button :D:p

"With HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture."

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/27/samsung-hdr-update-improves-the-color-in-its-high-end-tvs/

Soldato
I press a button :D:p

"With HDR native contents, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture."

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/27/samsung-hdr-update-improves-the-color-in-its-high-end-tvs/

Ah ok so its basically a samsung contrast booster :p its not the new HDR10 + which i why i was like :confused: as its not even out yet.

Soldato
Ah ok so its basically a samsung contrast booster :p its not the new HDR10 + which i why i was like :confused: as its not even out yet.

Well yes and no. If I chose amazon 1080p stuff it plays in HDR mode.I do play HDR films in HDR+ as Samsung has got the settings spot on.
The HDR+ algorithm is fantastic in my opinion.

Soldato
I think all the big new releases are getting 4k versions now.

Would like to see some of the Marvel back catalogue and Star Wars in 4k/HDR

Yep and they will be £20+. Recently looking round for GOTG2 and Alien Covenant has made me realise the prices are just ridiculous. Even going abroad they are not that much cheaper. I was picking up 4K versions of these films up on release but now I can wait till they get cheaper. Price in point Blade Runner 4k Final Cut. £19.99. Same film on Bluray £4-£5. Reading comparisons the 4k does give more detail etc but by all accounts the Bluray is pretty stunning as it is (still got my copy shrink wrapped not watched it yet). Yes bluray was the same when it came out now you can pick up films for couple of quid but this time round I aint playing.

on another note my Denon X2300W got a Dolby Vision and Hybrid Leadthru Gamma update this morning. Coo.

Back
Top Bottom