*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
Watched Fifth Element last night and it was my first taste of 4k HDR. Great showing, just a little bit too much grain on some scenes though (although I understand that is inevitable with films shot on..erm..film)

Caporegime
The price of early adoption...

I have about 20 UHD's now, probably spent £400!

Just checked my email confirmations - some were imported from Amazon.com so slightly over-inflated! Might be missing one or two I bought physically in store.

Blade Runner - £19.99
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - £18
Guardians of the Galaxy - £25
Hunger Games collection - £59.99
John Wick - £20.71
John Wick Chapter II - £32.19
Logan - £31.48
Life of Pi - £13.90
Pacific Rim - £24.99
Passengers - £19.99
Star Trek - £13.50
Star Trek Into Darkness - £13.50

Total = £293

Soldato
Came this morning.

LMIt7n5.jpg
LMIt7n5.jpg

Soldato
I thought covernent was only just out at the cinema.

It was available to buy/rent on digital download/streaming two weeks ago.

Just noticed that IT is available to preorder on Amazon. It's already been ordered! Alien Covenant any good? Might pick it up i've watched every Alien but this one.

Watched it once at cinema, then other week and 2nd viewing doesn't make it better but worse in my mind. No way am I paying £19.99 for the 4k. I think I can wait till the trilogy box set..... :)

Soldato
It was available to buy/rent on digital download/streaming two weeks ago.

Watched it once at cinema, then other week and 2nd viewing doesn't make it better but worse in my mind. No way am I paying £19.99 for the 4k. I think I can wait till the trilogy box set..... :)
I checked on wiki earlier, may was when it came out at the cinema. 4 months from cinema to home media tells me it might be poor. I thought Prometheus was ok but nothing outstanding considering it was meant to be very good.

Soldato
Just ordered 4k releases of Starship Troopers, Terminator 2 and Captain Underpants from DeepDiscount in the US. Came to £54 inc postage which didnt seem to bad will have to wait and see if I get hit by import tax. Although as Terminator 2 isnt out yet and the other two are I dont expect I will get them till end of October.

Back
Top Bottom