*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
Dunkirk 4K disc should be with me by next Monday....
I'm saving Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K disc and War for the planet of the apes for over Christmas.

The War for the planet of the apes steelbook is a great buy.

Soldato
Dunkirk 4K disc should be with me by next Monday....
I'm saving Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K disc and War for the planet of the apes for over Christmas.

The War for the planet of the apes steelbook is a great buy.

I watched valerian again 2 weeks ago in 4K and tbh it looked fantastic, I was very impressed with the PQ.

Plus Cara looks hot :D

Associate
I've purchased a few 4k's for my self to watch over the holidays these past few weeks.

So far i've purchased,Spider man Homecoming,Alien Covenant,Valerian steelbook amazon exclusive,Get out,Hacksaw ridge and Blade runner the final cut.

Just seen Blade runner for the first time ever in my life and i understand why it has such good reviews, it truly was a movie ahead of it's time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got hold of Terminator 2 yet? Pursuaded my sis to buy it as an Xmas present, but reviews make it sound like PQ isn't great.

Apparently on blu-ray forum its been scrutinised and slated to bits. On avforums one guy has got it and said its excellent, another has said some scenes are bit dubious ie the biker scene give me your boots and motorcycle Arnie looks like Barbie Ken but in other scenes like the Miles Dyson one at home when he is attacked one scene you can see the hairs on Sarah's face in the next scene she has plastic face.

Jury's out at the moment. I still have mine on Deep Discount pre-order for 26/12 release I never cancelled it as it cost me £13. Biggest uproar believe it or not in the UK is the Studio Canal 3D logo at the beginning ! Makes me wonder what they did when it got pulled from release as the reason stated was the 3D master was used for the 4k but if they pulled it and its now being released what did they correct ? Probably nothing. :)

Just finished the Spiderman 4k trilogy and it makes you realise how good it is against Amazing Spiderman however still disappointined with the Spiderman 3.1 Editors cut.

Still got Blade Runner, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Pacific Rim, The Revenant 4k to watch. Pondering over Batman Trilogy 4k as its meant to be really good in 4k.

So far i've purchased,Spider man Homecoming,Alien isolation,Valerian steelbook amazon exclusive,Get out,Hacksaw ridge and Blade runner the final cut.

Alien Isolation ???

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently on blu-ray forum its been scrutinised and slated to bits. On avforums one guy has got it and said its excellent, another has said some scenes are bit dubious ie the biker scene give me your boots and motorcycle Arnie looks like Barbie Ken but in other scenes like the Miles Dyson one at home when he is attacked one scene you can see the hairs on Sarah's face in the next scene she has plastic face.

Jury's out at the moment. I still have mine on Deep Discount pre-order for 26/12 release I never cancelled it as it cost me £13. Biggest uproar believe it or not in the UK is the Studio Canal 3D logo at the beginning ! Makes me wonder what they did when it got pulled from release as the reason stated was the 3D master was used for the 4k but if they pulled it and its now being released what did they correct ? Probably nothing. :)

Just finished the Spiderman 4k trilogy and it makes you realise how good it is against Amazing Spiderman however still disappointined with the Spiderman 3.1 Editors cut.

Still got Blade Runner, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Pacific Rim, The Revenant 4k to watch. Pondering over Batman Trilogy 4k as its meant to be really good in 4k.

Alien Isolation ???

Alien Covenant lol, Still got Alien on my brain trying to get a mod for it to work in VR haha.

Soldato
Not sure whether the film is trying to be too clever for its own good. I did get a little lost till I realised it started to re-assemble the timeline again. One thing I thought was a bit rubbish was the beach's looked awfully empty when in reality a lot of equipment was dumped on the beach.

Back
Top Bottom