• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800X Boost set to 5050Mhz all cores with AMD Curve Optimizer

Associate
OP
Great news. That was a couple of weeks ago. Is there info anywhere on release dates for bios’ ? (Other than checking motherboard support pages)
Well yes I posted it in thread and even quoted you the post before. Here is a video to watch if you want.

out of interest what in game overlay is that ?
just zoomed in to see it's afterburner

Interested in this also.
Can afterburner be used to show cpu temps yet? Im using the beta which is supposed to show temps for for Ryzen 5000 cpus...but doesnt. Or I can’t find a way to
I have posted it is afterburner ,you are correct and yes Ryzen 5000 CPU Temperatures works.Just like in the screenshots and videos I posted.

MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor, I done a quick start up guide for the OSD and uploaded it to google drive. Included in the read me a link to the creators tutorials of MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor. IF you want to start from scratch his name is Alexey Nicolaychuk just search youtube . https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flt2EeznPd2HO438678AbjUHnwWf6E6D/view?usp=sharing

Associate
Well yes I posted it in thread and even quoted you the post before. Here is a video to watch if you want.

I have posted it is afterburner ,you are correct and yes Ryzen 5000 CPU Temperatures works.Just like in the screenshots and videos I posted.

MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor, I done a quick start up guide for the OSD and uploaded it to google drive. Included in the read me a link to the creators tutorials of MSI Afterburner and RTSS Overlay Editor. IF you want to start from scratch his name is Alexey Nicolaychuk just search youtube . https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Flt2EeznPd2HO438678AbjUHnwWf6E6D/view?usp=sharing

thanks must have missed the original, ill go check it out it looks great.. thanks :D

Associate
So funny reading all this panic about the voltage, when zen 2 was released was exactly the same flurry of posts and threads, and how many cpus did we hear about dying due to this, barely any to none! So everyone chill, AMD really do know what they are doing they've been in the biz for a very long time and have had zen 3 in design for a very long time.

Soldato
Some settings seem to need to set in one part of mobo options and some in the other it seems on my X570 tomahawk.

for example in settings/advanced/amd overclocking as well as overclocking/amd overclocking :p
Only one AMD Overclocking section prompts the disclaimer too.

Soldato
Working well at 4.7Ghz all core. 1.275V, max temp 76c 5x R20 runs, idle 30c. Gaming max 59c
This month I'll give PBO2 a try when the new BIOS' are released
https://i.imgur.com/0VDTo6M.png

Nice is that override so not boost above?
As for games I think WZ itself is a good OC stability test - if you are looking for high CPU usage then BF5 mp or some SOTTR are a couple that I have come across that use a fair bit of CPU. Seen BF5 hit 60%+ usage on the 5800X!

Soldato
Nice is that override so not boost above?
As for games I think WZ itself is a good OC stability test - if you are looking for high CPU usage then BF5 mp or some SOTTR are a couple that I have come across that use a fair bit of CPU. Seen BF5 hit 60%+ usage on the 5800X!

Ta, override. PBO disabled.

Yeh, WZ wasnt reaching 60c.

I noticed after WZ 4 or 6 threads out of 16 were loaded quite high ~80% with others around 30-50%. I'll try SOTTR

I've lowered voltage to [email protected] and passed 5x runs of R20, max temp 73c.
Guess i'll see how low the voltage can go before it falls over loading all the cores, then leave at once notch above (or try [email protected])

SOTTR I ran a couple of benchamarks, 1080p High.
PBO on auto this resulted in 184fps,
All core 4.7Ghz resulted in 187fps, max temp 62c

https://i.imgur.com/dhJ6V8u.png
https://i.imgur.com/wcdOUCs.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Working well at 4.7Ghz all core. 1.275V, max temp 76c 5x R20 runs, idle 30c. Gaming max 59c
This month I'll give PBO2 a try when the new BIOS' are released
https://i.imgur.com/0VDTo6M.png

Looks good. Only thing I wish would happen is the clocks/voltages down clock when not in use. Don’t see the point in them being fixed at 4.7 when they ain’t doing anything.

Associate
Looks good. Only thing I wish would happen is the clocks/voltages down clock when not in use. Don’t see the point in them being fixed at 4.7 when they ain’t doing anything.
Again as with 1.5V voltage, just numbers. Look at temperatures (and presumably power draw) corresponding to what you would have with all power saving enabled. Ryzen is really clever about turning off parts of die that are idling.

Except I can't make SoC draw less when idling.

Soldato
Again as with 1.5V voltage, just numbers. Look at temperatures (and presumably power draw) corresponding to what you would have with all power saving enabled. Ryzen is really clever about turning off parts of die that are idling.

Except I can't make SoC draw less when idling.

Correct. Clocks and voltages may stay at what you set but i'm seeing idle temps are 30c not, 60/70/80c.

Soldato

I noticed after WZ 4 or 6 threads out of 16 were loaded quite high ~80% with others around 30-50%. I'll try SOTTR

I've lowered voltage to [email protected] and passed 5x runs of R20, max temp 73c.
Guess i'll see how low the voltage can go before it falls over loading all the cores, then leave at once notch above (or try [email protected])

Hmm I tried 1.27 which just set it to the one below - 1.2625? with auto LLC and it crashed on CB first run so I tried 1.275 and level 3 LLC. It passed with a score of 6279 and droop to 1.269 under full core load.

Soldato
Hmm I tried 1.27 which just set it to the one below - 1.2625? with auto LLC and it crashed on CB first run so I tried 1.275 and level 3 LLC. It passed with a score of 6279 and droop to 1.269 under full core load.

I have 1.2625 set in bios and 1.263 appears in HWiNFO64. LLC I left on auto.
When running R20 VID on all cores went to 1.250V under full core load and passed with 6291 (max temp 75c)

Associate
This standard overclocking you guys are talking about is a bit off topic, I follow this thread specifically as it's entitled Curve optimiser for all the PBO and proper boosting of the cpu, not the old skool type overclocking which is a waste on Ryzen.

Soldato
This standard overclocking you guys are talking about is a bit off topic, I follow this thread specifically as it's entitled Curve optimiser for all the PBO and proper boosting of the cpu, not the old skool type overclocking which is a waste on Ryzen.

It’s clearly not a waste on Ryzen.

4.75Ghz all core with 1.2625V passes R20 no issues with ~6350 score on 5800X and a max temp of 76c.

For me, PBO left on auto (default) sets >1.35V all cores and crashes R20 multicore runs more than not and tenps if >85c

Changing to advanced PBO with curve optimizer with negative / positive offset testing crashes R20 for me also.

Hopefully when the PBO2 bios updates are released the issue with applying way too much voltsge for all core boost is fixed

That said, this thread is about curve optimizer so will create another specific to all core oc

Last edited:
Associate

That's a good chip, mine hits a wall after 4.6/1.2625. 4.65 needs 1.28 and 4.7 crashes even with 1.325v. Warzone has a hidden render worker threads setting that can provide a significant boost, you'll find it in Documents/Modern Warfare/adv_options.ini. Mine was set to 4 by default, I bumped it up to 14 and CPU usage shot up significantly. I'm not exactly sure what the ideal value is but 14 seems to load all 16 threads evenly (not all threads are render workers).

Soldato
That's a good chip, mine hits a wall at 4.6/1.2625, 4.7 crashes even with 1.325v. Warzone has a hidden render worker threads setting that can provide a significant boost, you'll find it in Documents/Modern Warfare/adv_options.ini. Mine was set to 4 by default, I bumped it up to 14 and CPU usage shot up significantly. I'm not exactly sure what the ideal value is but 14 seems to load all 16 threads evenly (not all threads are render workers).
My wall appears to be 4.8Ghz or was when I tried 1.2870. Maybe it need a lot more juice going from 4.75 to 4.8
Mine is currently 'RendererWorkerCount = 8' which I presumed was to match the 8 cores as im sure it was 4 when I had a 4790k

Associate
My wall appears to be 4.8Ghz or was when I tried 1.2870. Maybe it need a lot more juice going from 4.75 to 4.8
Mine is currently 'RendererWorkerCount = 8' which I presumed was to match the 8 cores as im sure it was 4 when I had a 4790k
4 made no sense on my system since I came from a 6c/12t 5820k. I think you'll see nice gains by going to 14.

Back
Top Bottom