• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3D upgrade

Soldato
Ordered a 5800x3D recently as it was dropped in price.

Should arrive on Monday.

I'm currently sporting a 5800x with a beQuiet Shadow Rock 3 but tempted to take this oppurtunity to upgrade the cooler.

5800x already runs hot on the Shadow Rock and my office tends to have higher ambient due to it being very well insulated.

Any good cooler recommendations? Don't mind AIO or Air, but ideally less than £100.

Soldato

Should arrive on Monday.

I'm currently sporting a 5800x with a beQuiet Shadow Rock 3 but tempted to take this oppurtunity to upgrade the cooler.

5800x already runs hot on the Shadow Rock and my office tends to have higher ambient due to it being very well insulated.

Any good cooler recommendations? Don't mind AIO or Air, but ideally less than £100.

Personally I would buy a Noctua as I like the brand etc... but everyone on here says the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 is the one to go for as it's much (much) cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally I would buy a Noctua as I like the brand etc... but everyone on here says the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 is the one to go for as it's much (much) cheaper.

my boy as a Peerless Assassin 120 not the SE, its cooling a 5700x3d and in very CPU intensive games it plods along at 58c with fan set to max out at 1000rpm so he cant hear it.
it really is a very good cooler

im stress testing ram right now and it maxed out at 62c.

TBF i would just keept the same cooler, the X3d runs cooler then the 5800x... so if the cooler is working dont change it
most if not all will do -30 on curve optimizer.
my 5700 games at 58c with fans set to silent

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it's up for sale in the UK, but it doesn't seem very well priced. It would fly off the shelves at £199 no doubt.

given the price of a used 5800x3d i picked up a new 5700x3d for £232 i was happy at that, but i expect a drop in the used price soon as people just pick up a new 5700 over a used 5800 for basically the same price.

Associate
given the price of a used 5800x3d i picked up a new 5700x3d for £232 i was happy at that, but i expect a drop in the used price soon as people just pick up a new 5700 over a used 5800 for basically the same price.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply it's a bad purchase at that sort of price, just surprised it isn't lower.

I'd rather a new chip than used for the warranty alone too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like the 5700x3d will be my next chip...probably.

I too am a little disappointed with the price, just a little. Recently the 5800x3d could be had for £260ish, I had hoped for a larger gap in price but £232 isn't too unreasonable.

Soldato
Looks like the 5700x3d will be my next chip...probably.

I too am a little disappointed with the price, just a little. Recently the 5800x3d could be had for £260ish, I had hoped for a larger gap in price but £232 isn't too unreasonable.
I think given the performance, the price is good

Associate
Yup, on there. Brand new, was very tempted but I'm waiting for £200 as I don't actually need it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
the website in question i had on a price tracking app, i can only assume the 234.99 was click bate because it never pinged up and at that price i would have got one

Associate

Should arrive on Monday.

I use a Noctua NH-U12A cooler with -30 Curve in Cinebench R23 max out at 80°C

Back
Top Bottom