• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3D upgrade

The motherboard is an Asus Prime X370-Pro. The cores boost to around 4.2 GHz during a Cinebench multi-core test.

What are the temps and core voltage?

I found on my Asus CH6 x370 board that the voltage was actually already low and mine would only boost to about 3.6GHz all core, the temps were great though, I ended up adding a little core voltage, setting SOC to 1v and I could get to 4.45GHz all core.

I see lots of people reducing voltage but you need to check what yours is doing before either removing or adding voltage.

Here are the settings I settled on to get nice and stable, I am running on AIO water cooling.

* SOC voltage 1.00
* BCLK Freq 101
* FCLK Freq 1800 (im running 3600 memory)

* Core Performance Boost enabled

* CPU Core Voltage offset mode
CPU Offset Mode Sign +
CPU Core Voltage Offset
+0.01250

Advanced/ AMD CBS/ NBIO Common/ XFR Enhancement

* Precision Boost Overdrive manual (can try on auto but for me this worked better)
PPT 100
TDC 70
EDC 100

* Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar manual 5X

What are the temps and core voltage?

I found on my Asus CH6 x370 board that the voltage was actually already low and mine would only boost to about 3.6GHz all core, the temps were great though, I ended up adding a little core voltage, setting SOC to 1v and I could get to 4.45GHz all core.

I see lots of people reducing voltage but you need to check what yours is doing before either removing or adding voltage.

Here are the settings I settled on to get nice and stable, I am running on AIO water cooling.

* SOC voltage 1.00
* BCLK Freq 101
* FCLK Freq 1800 (im running 3600 memory)

* Core Performance Boost enabled

* CPU Core Voltage offset mode
CPU Offset Mode Sign +
CPU Core Voltage Offset
+0.01250

Advanced/ AMD CBS/ NBIO Common/ XFR Enhancement

* Precision Boost Overdrive manual (can try on auto but for me this worked better)
PPT 100
TDC 70
EDC 100

* Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar manual 5X
Thanks buddy. Will have a play, and will also consider a memory upgrade.

Pulled the trigger on a 5800x3d :)
I bought one on Black Friday and have been very pleased with it. It's been a large performance bump in the game I play most (WoW), even coming from a 5800X paired with tuned memory. Mine does -30 on all cores in Curve Optimizer quite happily, plus 1900 FCLK which my old chip couldn't.

I bought one on Black Friday and have been very pleased with it. It's been a large performance bump in the game I play most (WoW), even coming from a 5800X paired with tuned memory. Mine does -30 on all cores in Curve Optimizer quite happily, plus 1900 FCLK which my old chip couldn't.

What board and chipset?

did you need to adjust the SOC volts for 1900 FCLK?

Assume this solved the problem Wildgoose?
I haven't installed it yet due to other commitments, though will in time. However, the problem I had with FS2020 is now solved with the help from FS2020 forum staff. A mod I downloaded corrupted my packages files within FS2020, so nothing to do with my existing CPU fan.

Last edited:
just recently upgraded to the 5800x3d from a 5600x and yes it made a difference in games with the same gpu, ram etc. they are smoother and im getting slightly more fps too...i didnt want to spend too much on a new motherboard/ram/cpu etc.

just recently upgraded to the 5800x3d from a 5600x and yes it made a difference in games with the same gpu, ram etc. they are smoother and im getting slightly more fps too...i didnt want to spend too much on a new motherboard/ram/cpu etc.
Kind of in the same boat, got a 5600 (non x) and want to upgrade, would you still go for it given the choice over again?

Another one here with a 5600 and considering it, although will likely be GPU nound way before the benefits of the 5800X3D kick in, I'm waiting to see what happens with the 5700X3D

Back
Top Bottom