• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 Vantage result...

Soldato
OP
I was comparing the GPU scores - mines nearly 4500 faster for the same card?

Yeah, your CPU is driving your GPU score up in the GPU bench as well as the CPU bench, I thought that would have been obvious.

I set my 5870 at the same overclock as you have raven, I guess in P mode it is cpu limited, try extreme?

Max rez is 1680x1050 so cant do extreme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Extreme @ your clocks Raven, I would guess you will get similar as the GPU becomes the limiting factor

12380759.jpg

Soldato
OP
Run the high test, my result below. What drivers and OS are you on, are your CCC settings at default. And how can you hit 16k GPU score whilst I'm on 12k?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So is this a W7 performance issue? I had a GTX 260 before my 5870, maybe the Nvidia drivers are causing issues? they were uninstalled of course.:o I know my CPU has not degraded in performance because I get the same CPU 3dm06 score I always did.

Soldato
This is my score using Performance setting. i7-920 @ 4GHz and a Zotac GTX 275 AMP! Edition

3DMarkVantageScore1.png

Using PhysX of course, because I can =)

Might try running it with PhysX off soon, and see what it comes out with

Last edited:
Soldato
So is this a W7 performance issue? I had a GTX 260 before my 5870, maybe the Nvidia drivers are causing issues? they were uninstalled of course.:o I know my CPU has not degraded in performance because I get the same CPU 3dm06 score I always did.

I think you are just cpu limited in this test, going from performance to high our GPU scores come closer % wise. If you could run extreme I guess they would be very similar.

Soldato
OP
This is my score using Performance setting. i7-920 @ 4GHz and a Zotac GTX 275 AMP! Edition

You have physx enabled so not a fair comparison.

I think you are just cpu limited in this test, going from performance to high our GPU scores come closer % wise. If you could run extreme I guess they would be very similar.

That does not explain your higher GPU score with a lower clocked CPU than me, I should have a higher score than you...no?

Last edited:
Associate
When i went from gtx 260 to a 4870x2 i had to reinstall the os to get the x2 to work as it should so maybe that's your problem.I dont get my win7 until oct 22nd i think it is so i cant check win7 scores until then.

Associate
But i score higher with my cpu at stock speeds of 2.9.His q6600 @ 3.7 will be much faster than mine at stock so he cant be cpu limited in comparison to mine.I know we would both score higher with i7 at 4 gig but something is not right with his score.

Soldato
OP
If any of you guys could run the benchmarks in RE5 or/and SF4 at 1680x1050 and 4xAA all max settings, that would be great and if you have the games of course. I don't really want to install my OS again unless I'm 100% sure it is the issue.

Soldato
If any of you guys could run the benchmarks in RE5 or/and SF4 at 1680x1050 and 4xAA all max settings, that would be great and if you have the games of course. I don't really want to install my OS again unless I'm 100% sure it is the issue.

Don't have those but can do crysis/crysis warhead or GTA4 if you have any of those?

Soldato
OP
Nah, don't have any of them, how about 3DMARK06? the SF4 bench is available as a separate DL. looking at reviews, your CPU has minimal performance over a similar clocked Kentsfield, makes sense as they are the same architecture just one is on a smaller process and has a bit more cache.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well thats closer, I think your CPU is making the difference, although it could be OS related but I doubt it. Lets see if your CPU can hack it in real gaming
benchmarks..;)

capturettt.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom