76 trans children at one school

Soldato
Time machine to 1999 would be awesome at this point. There are hardly any modern day issue I can think of that can't be solved by a time machine back to the late 90s.

Associate
It's just getting out of hand now and rather then stand up for and defend common sense our politicians are too lazy and inept and just fall into line ordinary citizens cannot say much as the culture of hate speech expands and gathers support silencing any possible debate. There is so much anger and frustration festering in many people in the UK that at some point itsi going to explode and it won't be pretty when it does, it used to be in the UK that whatever was going on people had a level of happiness that kept them and their communities going but in the last few years in the little market town where i live in everyone looks miserable as though they are carrying some great weight and trips to the nearest city have shown the same. It is starting to feel that we are approaching a tipping point and a significant conflict between the majority of ordinary people and the disconnected politicians and liberals who are relentless in the tearing down of all the structures in society.

Man of Honour
It's just getting out of hand now and rather then stand up for and defend common sense our politicians are too lazy and inept and just fall into line ordinary citizens cannot say much as the culture of hate speech expands and gathers support silencing any possible debate. There is so much anger and frustration festering in many people in the UK that at some point itsi going to explode and it won't be pretty when it does, it used to be in the UK that whatever was going on people had a level of happiness that kept them and their communities going but in the last few years in the little market town where i live in everyone looks miserable as though they are carrying some great weight and trips to the nearest city have shown the same. It is starting to feel that we are approaching a tipping point and a significant conflict between the majority of ordinary people and the disconnected politicians and liberals who are relentless in the tearing down of all the structures in society.

Confused.com
Should this be in another thread?

Soldato
You may recall a man in Hull a few months ago who found a policeman ringing his doorbell because he Liked a tweet that contained an anti-TRA limerick. The policeman warned him for doing so and told him "sometimes a woman's brain grows in a man's body".

He complained to Humber police about it. This is his excerpt of the conversation he just had with the inspector.
police-Interview1.jpg

police-Interview2.jpg

Note how it basically comes down to "holding this opinion" = "hate" and "people not liking what you say" = "your fault".

It's intimidating to have the police come round your house to tell you off for your beliefs about the sexes. Or as they have historically been known: facts.

Man of Honour
So is it just us or is the whole world going similarly bat sheet insane, then?

No more than has become usual. Feminism thoroughly corrupted and destroyed the basic concepts of equality, diversity, tolerance and suchlike. The regressive left expanded on that success to make it cover things other than sex and to make it even more authoritarian. TRA is just a further extension of coverage and not much of one.

Group identity ideologies do those things, always. The more power they have, the more harm they do. There's nothing new about that, but the Orwellian corruption of the words and thus concepts of equality, diversity, etc, is a new thing and that's what has enabled the authoritarian bigots to gain so much power so quickly and make it sustainable. For example, we're already well past the stage at which a belief in biological group identity (which is literally the belief that "they're all the same") and the use of force to suppress any different opinion is what is now meant by "diversity". It would be impossible to corrupt the word to a greater extent than that - the success is total. The same ideologies in the past (targetting different group identities, but that doesn't make them different ideologies) have been more honest about opposing equality, diversity, tolerance, etc. The genius of feminists was to infect and corrupt the words and thus the concepts - doubleplusgood blackwhite newspeak, citizens! Minitru is proud of you.

TRA is just a fight within the ideology for who claims the highest status group identity. It's not a change in the ideology (biological group advocacy) that has become increasingly powerful for decades now and is not being challenged in any significant way. So it will, of course, continue to gain power and continue to do an increasing amount of harm to an increasing number of people.

Soldato
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/24/man-investigated-police-retweeting-transgender-limerick

After Mr Miller questioned why the complainant was being described as a “victim” if no crime had been committed, the officer told him: “We need to check your thinking”.

We need to check your thinking
WE NEED TO CHECK YOUR THINKING

The interesting thing is that this guy was also an ex Police Officer too.

This sort of behaviour is something you expect in Russia, Best Korea and other sort of countries, but not here, but it's happening a lot more now, this is why the far left is so dangerous, they like carbon monoxide, they are slowly poisoning everything they touch, but unlike the right, the damage they are doing is invisible, until it's too late.

Associate
No it doesn't belong in another thread it's explaining how this culture continues on in the UK and how most normal people are not allowed to debate the issue unless your in favour of what's going on. While surgery can reassign gender it doesn't make a man a woman or vice versa to be honest i don't care what transexuals do or don't but i do not think it's a topic for primary school children perhaps as a part of sex education when the kids are older but not primary school it"s not like childhood innocence lasts long anymore without this rubbish.

Soldato
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/24/man-investigated-police-retweeting-transgender-limerick

This sort of behaviour is something you expect in Russia, Best Korea and other sort of countries, but not here, but it's happening a lot more now, this is why the far left is so dangerous, they like carbon monoxide, they are slowly poisoning everything they touch, but unlike the right, the damage they are doing is invisible, until it's too late.

Liberal/left are so utterly convinced of their own self rightituede (Is that a word)

That anybody who disagrees with them has to be clinically insane (By definition)

As I said earlier (and possibly elsewhere)

There is a reason why a reluctance to accept a Liberal/Left POV seems inevitably to be reduced to a <something>Phobia!

(A "phobia" being an irrational and debilitating mental condition after all! :rolleyes:)

:(

Man of Honour
About 1 month ago my 24 year old long bearded drummer came out and said he now wants to become a woman and that in 2 weeks he would change his appearance and his name on Facebook etc. He/she asked if it was OK to continue with the band and none of us had a problem.
I was with her last week at a gig and again tonight at a gig and I discussed this topic about kids as young as 5 knowing about such things.
She said that she was about 5 when she realised she wasn't right but hid it for all these years so I asked if she wished things had been discussed at that early age but the answer was no but wished it was discussed when she became a teenager.
The last two gigs have been at rough venues so I was expecting things to be said but I can honestly say that everybody has behaved themselves.
In fact she makes a good looking girl and some friends haven't noticed with one guy asking what's happened to our bloke drummer :)

Caporegime
About 1 month ago my 24 year old long bearded drummer came out and said he now wants to become a woman and that in 2 weeks he would change his appearance and his name on Facebook etc. He/she asked if it was OK to continue with the band and none of us had a problem.
[...]

Do you guys ever play any Aerosmith covers?

Soldato
I was with her last week at a gig and again tonight at a gig and I discussed this topic about kids as young as 5 knowing about such things.
She said that she was about 5 when she realised she wasn't right but hid it for all these years so I asked if she wished things had been discussed at that early age but the answer was no but wished it was discussed when she became a teenager.
The last two gigs have been at rough venues so I was expecting things to be said but I can honestly say that everybody has behaved themselves.
In fact she makes a good looking girl and some friends haven't noticed with one guy asking what's happened to our bloke drummer :)
That's nice to hear.

I don't get why people have to make it an issue for themselves. If it matters the person happy and allows thet to live how they want then I don't understand what the problem is.

Permabanned
That's nice to hear.

I don't get why people have to make it an issue for themselves. If it matters the person happy and allows thet to live how they want then I don't understand what the problem is.

Maybe I've missed it, but what's your opinion on, say, a boy at the age of 5 is seen playing with his sister's dolls, and based on that the parents quickly take the boy to get sex reassignment surgery and hormone pills...?

Soldato
Maybe I've missed it, but what's your opinion on, say, a boy at the age of 5 is seen playing with his sister's dolls, and based on that the parents quickly take the boy to get sex reassignment surgery and hormone pills...?
Purely based on the situation you've suggested, of course a parent shouldn't be pushing something as important as this on a child. Everyone's different but 5 is too young to make a decision such as that. It should also be down to the individual to make the decision.

Soldato
That's nice to hear.

I think it's clear from the thread that very few of us have a problem with someone wanting to dress differently or call themselves a different name. We have issues with puberty blockers for children and the removal of protections for women. Example, Morgane Oger in Canada who has waged a years-long campaign against a women's refuge because they wouldn't let his friend (also a trans woman) be a rape counsellor there and has cost the centre a fortune in legal fees trying to defend their right not to mix men in with female rape and domestic violence victims. Being fined for calling someone a man. Things like that.

Associate
The main issue now that holding an alternative view now puts you at risk of losing your job, having a criminal record or public ridicule which puts us in the very worst waters a society can fall into.

The irony is as a majority of the British public are being gagged for even the most benign of views, other sections of society are openly espousing beliefs that belong in the 1800s.

Back
Top Bottom