• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

Soldato
Who are you? shop worker? you seam to know a lot of what goes on at OCUK.
If one pays for a premium product, then one should get premium support.

It appears the person in question got premium support and support should be premium for a product at £2 or £2000. That isn't the point. You still can't just fast track things if the people required are not there or have other commitments. It appears it was resolved anyways and sorted before their standard turn around time.

Why do you suspect a 24 hour turn around just because it has a fault. GPU's at £1000 go faulty and sometimes take weeks to get sorted and they are premium.

Edit: And no I used to work in tech shop doing similar things to what OcUK do though and still build custom PC's on the side. The business model isn't unique to OcUK, it is the same as any reputable supplier/shop.

I work in Architecture and Structural Engineering providing high end designs for all the F1 companies and clients such as Jaguar/Land Rover and similar. Target dates, design dates, issues and turn around to resolution still holds true to how it works as it does with building a custom PC with high end parts. Client wants 'X' resolving by 'Y' and company policy is we will provide 'Z' by 'Y' with 'X' to follow because we like all companies have more than one client to look after.

The given time frame originally from OcUK should have been noted on the system and logged as providing customer so that any call following the person who picked up that time could see what had been stated and if there was an issue with saying as such they could have put customer on hold. That appears to have been OcUK's issue with unclear record of information.

I also think the poster though appeared then to have called twice within a few working hours be it that one was the night before and one the next morning. The doesn't give anyone time to check what is happening or expected. When originally sending in for sorting it should have been made clear by OcUK staff at the time that current turn around is 3-5 working days as the high workload although as there is an issue they will see what they can do to get it to the customer sooner.

This appears to not have been clear from the start prompting the poster to call. It then appears that the new customer service person provided the standard days which is likely company policy so not to promise something they cannot fulfill.

With that and because of what was stated here it appears that a few OcUK members have spoken and then posted and it so happens it was sorted. I do get the posters frustration and can only take word that the CS person was rude but other than that the actual result is that it should have been resolved and if the poster feels that CS was rude they should make a complaint because otherwise there is no official follow up. There is likely a recording of the call and others that heard the conversation due to nature of the call and so it can be investigated accordingly and recorded on the outcome.

The difference is the poster started to get upset/stressed where we are sitting away from the situation and thus not as emotionally attached to the situation and just taking each point as it is provided. The poster also even after stating 3 times that the 4.8GHz chip is the 4.9GHz chip as they are the same chip still seemed to be taking that in anger because the box didn't say 4.9GHz

That is all that happened, I just got frustrated at the poster because they seemed to be be upset about something that I can not know but suggested if the case then resolution to moving forward is 'X' but there is also 'Y' and 'Z' as alternatives.

The poster then suggested they would delid themselves if they could and then I stated you can get a tool for all of £25 to do so. Then that was ignored so they then just appear to be making a fuss rather than actually doing anything else.

Last edited:
Associate
Received my CPU about 5 minutes ago. Looks like it's a completely new chip as the serial number is different on the IHS. Gonna install and give it a whirl now.

Soldato
Did they? If someone pays £100 more for a product(de-lid) I'd want a premium service.
Looks to me your after a job ;)

Why am I after a job? I have a great job now, how did you get to that?

And yeah they did get a premium service, they had an issue and it was resolved in time manner befitting the issue. If 8-Pack (Ian) was asked to look at these directly and was away for a few days then there is nothing that could be changed there. I beleive Outcasst in that case comes under that as it was 4 days for turn around and requested 8-Pack directly which OcUK agreed too fine.

A premium service means offering the best possible and within a reasonable time frame. That was offered. It was maybe not handled the best with regards to noted and maybe OcUK will take note but that is business and sometimes things slip a little as we are human.

I am not sure what else you are expected OcUK to have done in this situation. It is impossible to guarantee anything will be defect free 100% of the time but the response to resolving said issue in a timely fashion and a cost acceptable is what is required from any company. In this case OcUK was required to either replace chip or re-delid the chip accordingly within a 3-5 day period free of charge.

They turned that chip around in 24 hours so that to be would suggest premium. Can we say OcUK would have done it as quick if this hadn't kicked off, no idea and we will never really no but the result is that OcUK have done their best to resolve said issue.

Associate
Boom.

Max core temp on Prime95 Small FFT is currently 62c at 1.36v in CPU-Z.

Very pleased so far. That's at stock clocks. Just wanted to check the voltage.

Soldato
It's not the heat as such, AVX is flat out more stressful on the CPU and almost certainly what an overclock will fail on.

Fairly recently people have been saying it's not worth to test with Prime using AVX because gaming doesn't use those instructions and making an overclock Prime using AVX stable usually means a lower overclock.

It's actually written in the overclocked cpu details when you buy one that they do not test it with AVX at all.

Associate
The Cpu does 5G prime stable at 1.35v though no problem

uses prime ^^^

Sooner take a lower clock and have a rock solid OC myself.

Either way the difference I see here I didn't have in the last chip so this is going back I think something isn't right
I shouldn't see 100C temps like this... I didn't on the last chip.

Associate
I'm sure it's only a small % of them, but these delids seem like a nightmare for both parties involved. Although I'm sure the premium price takes the sting out of having to handle the same CPU multiple times for OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom