• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

I definitely would have noticed if mine had that sticker on it before i removed it. That was right over the back plate. I wonder if any other msi 7970 oc card users didn't have that sticker.

I tried to peel it off really delicately, it just ripped as soon as I touched it.

MSI must have started shipping cards with that sticker on. We need more msi 7970 oc users to come forward. Mine definitely didn't have that on. I've had my card since 31 Jul, 12, 6:38 am. Yes i ordered it as soon as i woke up. I had a dream about living on Tahiti. I knew it was a sign.

Matt, in the exact words I just got from borat himself.

"hi, I have checked with the supplier. It comes with two sachets of adhesive."

Thought you might like to know. :D

Drop me a trust please mate with the specifics. I might order a spare one myself :)

I thought the MSI 7970 OC was old stock which is the reason it was on special? It is definitely a V1 board too.

edit: I hope scottib comes in here and clarifies what the situation is!

Wait there is a V2 of the msi 7970 oc?

Great, I'll probably get some stupid V2 revision with cardboard vrms...

:D

I thought the MSI 7970 OC was old stock which is the reason it was on special? It is definitely a V1 board too.

edit: I hope scottib comes in here and clarifies what the situation is!

Ours never had that sticker matt, looks like MSI is going down the route of XFX in regards to cooler removal. :(

Oh well looks like MSI's off the list for cooler removal now.

Thanks for confirming tommy. Bricks were being laid briefly. I better go change underwear.

I have had about 10 emails asking for the cooler now... :)

I have asked for £50 + £5 postage if anyone is interested I will create a sale thread and keep it all above board. I have the invoice and paid £55 for this one so only selling for what I paid which I hope is fair.

God damn i can't believe my fellow ocuk brothers are trying to steal the G1 from me. There are some sick people out there.

£55? Yikes. That's £10+ more than i paid for a new one with warranty. I'll pass.

This is brand new never even taken out of the plastic bag. I will do it for £50 and loose a fiver but I will create a sale thread.

Its ok Moog sell it to someone else. l33th3tr33 has already offered to give me his for free (well i assume ill be paying postage :p). I was just thinking if i could buy a spare accelero on the cheap (£30) i would do that.

So what do we reckon?
Should I bother getting this now that cooler removal is almost certainly an instant warranty DQ?

Get it. Frenyz's could be a one off. You can always send it back with DSR if needed.

Last edited:
it's simples really

Buy MSI VGA from OcUK
carefully remove cooler
carefully fit aftermarket cooling
enjoy
if, god forbid, the card becomes faulty
carefully remove aftermarket cooling
carefully refit original cooling with suitable TIM
return to OcUK for RMA
wait for OcUK to send you your replacement

If you don't buy the MSI card from OcUK then you aren't officially covered

Thanks Scotti. Top fella. I hope you stick around and join our MSI 7970 OC card love inn.

the sticker is for everyone who isn't buying MSI from OcUK.

:eek:

Frenzy you traitor! Get out of the thread! :mad:

Just kidding. :p

Thanks for putting our minds at rest. Frenzy looks like you need to buy one from ocuk. :)

I wanna see your results on the copper vrm heatsinks first,if you get lower than 60 odd c then ill go that route aswell

I might need the g1 for the other heatsinks though idk yet,i have to drill some pop rivets out to remove my hdd cage so I can fit this cooler

Well ill be sure to post my findings. The sinks should arrive either tomorrow or friday and since i don't have any G1 ( :( ) this refit should be a quick job.

If it goes well i might use the akasa tape myself as that has a better w/mk than the tape already applied on those cooper sinks.

Man, I thought I was obsessive :p

Speaking of which, I slapped on some Gelid GC and did a prime run. It scored 2°C lower than whatever was on there before. Could've been AS5 or Alpenfohn snow cannon. I dunno...

I hate to say i told you so, but well i told you so. This gelid stuff is great. Can't believe ocuk stopped stocking it because it 'didn't sell'. Especailly considering Stulid tested the whole ocuk paste range and said gelid was the best overall.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18416534&highlight=stulid+paste

Going to try it on my accelero when i take it apart. 2c off the core will bring my already low core temps down even more. The accelero's core temps are already beyond impressive for silent air cooling.

Stop trying to fix what's not broke - or you will break it :p

That's like trying to tell greg he's wasting his money on Titan's. Or trying to tell Rusty that's he's not always right. Or trying to tell Humbug that his 7870 is not the greatest gpu ever. Or trying tell Petey that the Peter is nothing more than a ugly version of the Accelero. I'll stop now before i have no friends left here. :p

Oh, I thought you already had it on the gpu.

Y'know, after ScottiB's warranty info, I'm all excited again. Can't wait to get this show on the road.
If only I ordered a day earlier...:rolleyes:

No not yet not taken it apart since i last took it apart few months back when 'good old tommy' gave me his g1 for free. I've applied it to my cpu though (gelid that is not G1 you daft buggers) and it knocked 2c off of MX4 which was pretty good to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom