• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K OcUK Stock and Binned Processors

Soldato
Google may be your friend >

Boot win 10 normally, go I to the update and security setting, hit restart now under advanced BUT HOLD LEFT SHIFT BUTTON DOWN U TIL IT SHOWS ANOTHER SCREEN. From there you can say boot to bios, from USB, from DVD etc etc . everyone has left out holding the left shift button down. you don't need to even pull the CMOS battery

Then disable ultra fast boot.

Soldato
Fixed it by unplugging my second monitor to my GPU. not sure why..At least I can get into BIOS but without a second screen lol bad cable?

Associate
£399 now! So glad I ordered at launch :)

not sure where O/C are getting there stock from because other retailers haven't raised the price this much! £40 more than lunch price. doesn't make any sense.
Wow £399 for £359 chip. I know it's supply and demand and not OC's fault but that is a little sad to see. I guess I'm waiting or looking at alternatives. :(

I get O/C need to make money but non of the other pc hardware shops I use have bumped the price up this much! + when you add £9 delivery charge on top its over £400+ its very disappointing because I wanted to buy from O/C ...

Soldato
If some-one has a Gaming 7 and 8700k setup could you please bench Prime95 in blend. I can run small FFT's (lots of heat) no problem but in blend or large FFT's none of the workers move past Test 1....ever. This is at stock and O/C'd. Thinking is a prime95 issue.

Soldato
So my findings with a binned 5ghz chip -

Loaded up 1.350v and a few other settings and boom straight in, stable in gaming and benching, I can't believe how cool this thing runs under a 280mm AIO, 15/20c cooler than my [email protected] (not delidded). I'm able to get 5.2g @ 1.450v but things start getting a little hot for my liking - tested with 10 loops of Cinebench, Prime95 Small FFT's for 10mins and 15 mins BF1 max temp core 91c, so that's a no no really. However I ran it just so I could top the boards in our Firestrike single GPU scores :cool: beating Kaapstad for once.

Comparing my [email protected] with my old [email protected] I ran a few more tests:-

In PUBG I'm seeing nice gains, before I upgraded my chip I use the most intensive part which I believe is the spawning lobby (with the crashed plane), here standing on the rear tail looking backward towards the crowd with roughly 50/60 people running around with guns and smoke I benched 3X from a 30 seconds countdown giving it time for everything and everyone to load ingame. Here are some of the lowest average fps I witness playing PUGB 1440p 21:9 Ultra settings. I stand in the same spot each time facing the same direction.

My [email protected] saw an average of 54/52/53fps
My [email protected] saw this increase to 63/66/62fps
So gaining over 10FPS on average at the bottom end of PUBG performance - 22% increase

Who said 1440p is bottlenecked by GPU?

Firestrike scores:
[email protected] - 23940
[email protected] - 26033

I'll continue testing some other titles, other than prime95 blend not benching for some reason, really enjoy my new chip, and the gaming 7 looks so pretty.

7skck4p.jpg

Soldato
Looks very nice, impressed with the 8700K. Think we all need to thank AMD for that. Hoping I can afford Zen+ or Zen2 whatever it's called. Intel is very good, just too rich for me having moved house and bought a dog!

Associate
Yeah as much as I love the 8700k it does seem like a rushed product solely due to Ryzen. I don't really like AMD all that much but at least we can thank them for making Intel finally produce 6 cores on the mainstream line.

I wouldn't trust tray CPU's, purely because you never know if they have been pre-binned as not-so-good overlclockers and the like

Back
Top Bottom