• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8700K OcUK Stock and Binned Processors

Soldato
I wonder if the high 8400 price is purely due to stock shortages, or due to it being shown as such a great gaming CPU. Would certainly increase interest in it, much more so than locked i5's of the past.
The 8400 was freely available for the first couple of days, before people noticed how good it is. I purchased mine in the afternoon the day after launch and paid just over £170 for it. By the same time the next day it was out of stock everywhere and prices went up.

Soldato
I wonder if the high 8400 price is purely due to stock shortages, or due to it being shown as such a great gaming CPU. Would certainly increase interest in it, much more so than locked i5's of the past.

The 8400 was freely available for the first couple of days, before people noticed how good it is. I purchased mine in the afternoon the day after launch and paid just over £170 for it. By the same time the next day it was out of stock everywhere and prices went up.

Why I got mine along with 8600k on launch with Gigabyte board, as that shot up in price .

The creeping prices. If AMD was smart, or if resellers wanted to take advantage , they would raise Ryzen prices ... 1600 from £188 to £198
Margins are slim on CPU so any increase is a gain ... Bad for us though lol

Permabanned
Look it's very simple it's supply and demand, demand is high and supply is low. If you can't wait a month or 2 for stocks to reach normal levels , then bend over apply ample lubrication and take it like a man. Quietly is preferable.

Permabanned
other places have increased their prices as well not just OCUK. Some places have them £390 pre-order, other has 15 pieces in stock at £465. As much as I don't like the whole price gouging thing, I also think it is not very fair to blame on OCUK alone.

I am no going on about price. I am saying all cpu's should go to pre orders sales before they opened box's and starts binning.

Associate
Complaining about how OcUK are handling their own stock is a bit much innit? :) They're by far the most open and communicative supplier, how about being thankful for that instead!!

Associate
All that whine about stock and pre-order make me smile. All of you who complain or are stupid or pretend to gain something what dosnt exist. OCUK can do what they want with stock they have. You buy or you go ealse whare simple is that. Or you ready to pay extra and get it or you "Keep Calm And Wait". All smart know issue with price is as stock levels sucks. Its only Intel no one else! I could order on day one as pre order but I'm not sure how case with my mobo finish but if I will need to wait month+ for this cpu to be in price I would like to be its my choice and can even never be at this as as demand and stock rise price rise as everyone want to make money. Most of people didnt even know till 04.10.17 how good this cpu will be after disappointing 7700k. Even intel made mistake putting on market now gen 8 when they never did anything like that before. You guys should get this cpu in 2018 anyway hahah you have early one and still complain ;). OCUK keep yours excellent job!

Back
Top Bottom