8Pack Binned 5ghz+ Delidded 7700K CPU's for sale at OCUK

Associate
Great product.
Minor gripe with the listing:

#snip#
-Guaranteed 5g+ Core Overclock in all none AVX applications...
- None AVX Prime 95
#end snip#

I think you mean "NON AVX" ;)

8 Pack;30416852 said:
So here we have it, the first retailer in the UK selling binned Kabylake CPU's. The first retailer in the UK selling delidded CPU's with full OCUK warranty. No need to invalidate your warranty anymore or Bin CPU's locally!!!

The key features of this product are:
-Guaranteed 5g+ Core Overclock in all none AVX applications. All games and most professional applications are non AVX.
- CPUs binned by myself and delidded by our technicians with Liquid Metal replacing original Intel TIM for upto 30c cooler running temps.
- Full 1 year warranty with OCUK
- Free Thermal Grizzly 1g TIM so as to get the best thermal bond with your heat sink and hence great cool running.

The components used for binning these CPU are as follows:
Asetek 240 AIO cooler (We suggest at least this level of cooling for efficient stable operation)
3200mhz 16gb Corsair dual channel Vengeance mems at XMP
Nvidia GTX 1080
Asus Strix and ROG motherboards and Gigabyte Gaming 7.
1200w Quality Gold PSU.

Stress tests used:
Real Bench stress test.
None AVX Prime 95
XTU CPU stress test with 3D running (Heaven or Valley Maxed out!!!)

Suggested settings for 5g:
- Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most.
-VCCSA 1.00 -1.10v for 3200mhz mems Upto 1.25 for DDR4000mhz +
-VCCIO 1.00-1.10v for 3200mhz mems. upto 1.25 For DDR4000mhz +

+warranty upto 1.425v load if you want to push further.

The hardware we recommend to get the best from these CPU is:
Motherboard in ASUS Strix, ROG range or Gigabyte Aorus.
AIO cooler with 240mm Rad or higher, lesser cooling may work fine but is not guaranteed to.
Quality Bronze rated or above PSU providing enough quality power for the entire system.

Here is the link to this power users product:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Inte...A1151-Pre-Binned-Processor-OEM-CP-003-OE.html

Associate
smilertoo;30488734 said:
It's cheaper.

It is. What is surprising though is that the cost increase per CPU for using better quality TIM is tiny, especially as a percentage of the retail price. How many sales of "K" CPUs would have been lost if they cost £1 more for better TIM ? This seems to be accountants ruling over engineers. Had AMD been offering a viable alternative to Intel's recent K CPUs, I doubt Intel would be skimping on the thermal paste.

Caporegime
Dervious;30489040 said:
It is. What is surprising though is that the cost increase per CPU for using better quality TIM is tiny, especially as a percentage of the retail price. How many sales of "K" CPUs would have been lost if they cost £1 more for better TIM ? This seems to be accountants ruling over engineers. Had AMD been offering a viable alternative to Intel's recent K CPUs, I doubt Intel would be skimping on the thermal paste.

Agreed, Intel have been treating enthusiasts pretty shabbily for a while now. Shame on them tbh! Good job we can do our own delidding :D

Associate
JediFragger;30489283 said:
Agreed, Intel have been treating enthusiasts pretty shabbily for a while now. Shame on them tbh! Good job we can do our own delidding :D

It is a good job that delidding is possible. However, it's also slightly beneficial to Intel when a CPU is delidded, as it voids the warranty and if a CPU is damaged during the delid process they might sell a replacement CPU.

What enthusiasts need is for there to be an alternative to Intel. If there were, Intel might consider using better TIM on their high end CPUs.

Associate
Dervious;30489371 said:
It is a good job that delidding is possible. However, it's also slightly beneficial to Intel when a CPU is delidded, as it voids the warranty and if a CPU is damaged during the delid process they might sell a replacement CPU.

What enthusiasts need is for there to be an alternative to Intel. If there were, Intel might consider using better TIM on their high end CPUs.

Well here is the alternative you can have Intel delidded and have a higher bin and warranty pure win win.

Associate
kimandsally;30489445 said:
Well here is the alternative you can have Intel delidded and have a higher bin and warranty pure win win.

And that's fine if you want the guaranteed OC and the better thermal performance. You pay a higher price for that though, which is fair enough. For those that want to play silicon lotto and get the max OC they can out of their CPU, the fact that Intel are using lower quality thermal paste inside the lid seems crazy. If Intel offered a "normal" K CPU for £300, and the "super" K CPU for £310 (with better thermal paste), I bet the "super" version would out sell the normal one by a fair margin.

Associate
Dervious;30490979 said:
And that's fine if you want the guaranteed OC and the better thermal performance. You pay a higher price for that though, which is fair enough. For those that want to play silicon lotto and get the max OC they can out of their CPU, the fact that Intel are using lower quality thermal paste inside the lid seems crazy. If Intel offered a "normal" K CPU for £300, and the "super" K CPU for £310 (with better thermal paste), I bet the "super" version would out sell the normal one by a fair margin.

Yes the temps are down but these new Kaby Lake CPU's are strange I've had more than 1 that didn't improve it's overclock even though the temps were down around 20c the voltage required dropped but couldn't get more overclock than with the lid on at higher temps.
I haven't seen this before Kaby maybe Ian can shed some light on this he knows these things inside out.

Associate
I recently upgraded my the cooler on my Sandybridge i5. Load temps have dropped by about 10 degrees, but even with a slight core voltage increase to 1.35v I haven't been able to get above 4.6ghz stable. I suspect that it could be memory that's limiting the overclock, but 4.6ghz is decent enough for me anyway.

Soldato
Sorry, it's quite a long thread (well considering it's 23:24).
There's a bundle with motherboard, RAM, CPU and cooler for a 4.8GHz 7700K. Can we get a set like that for the 5GHz CPU?
I'm not good at overclocking so even if the CPU does 5GHz I doubt I'd be able to get it, buying a kit with a motherboard that has it pre-configured would be a huge time and effort saver (and I need a motherboard and RAM anyway).

Associate
Sorry, it's quite a long thread (well considering it's 23:24).
There's a bundle with motherboard, RAM, CPU and cooler for a 4.8GHz 7700K. Can we get a set like that for the 5GHz CPU?
I'm not good at overclocking so even if the CPU does 5GHz I doubt I'd be able to get it, buying a kit with a motherboard that has it pre-configured would be a huge time and effort saver (and I need a motherboard and RAM anyway).

Already exists. They go up to 5.1GHz

This is the 5.0 link:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pac...hz-overclocked-kabylake-bundle-bu-008-8p.html

Soldato

Oh, thanks.
Sorta confusing things being in different places. 2 (or is it 3?) bundles are listed under Intel Kaby Lake CPUs, but apparently not all of them...

EDIT:
Still, puts it into perspective, what it takes to do this sort of overclocking, thus making my point I guess. £50 price difference between a 4.7GHz capable CPU and 5GHz capable CPU, but £350 price difference in the 4.8GHz bundle and the 5GHz bundle.
Maybe that 4.8GHz will do the job...

Last edited:
Associate
Just received my 4.9Gghz binned today after purchasing one yesterday, just small issue with it. On the box in hand writing is 4.8, was seeing if I've been shipped the wrong CPU or stock of the 4.8 binned being sold as 4.9 now? since 4.8 not listed on the site anymore. Any insight please 8 Pack please, cheers.

Caporegime
Just received my 4.9Gghz binned today after purchasing one yesterday, just small issue with it. On the box in hand writing is 4.8, was seeing if I've been shipped the wrong CPU or stock of the 4.8 binned being sold as 4.9 now? since 4.8 not listed on the site anymore. Any insight please 8 Pack please, cheers.

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about, it should do 4.9 np

Caporegime
not really the point though is it? if he bought a 4.9 chip and they've sent him a 4.8 one they either refund the price difference or send the correct item. just because the 4.8 will almost certainly do 4.9 is irrelevant.

Chill Winston. They're probably just re-using a box that had been pre-marked.

Back
Top Bottom