8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Well I was just using the package at normal clock speeds for a week, just to make sure all was working as expected.
Today I decided to apply the BIOS and go for the overclock.

well... what can I say, took all of 5 mins, and using the profile supplied, it went right to 4.4Ghz without skipping a beat! :cool: :D

Nice one 8Pack!
-J

Associate
Hi 8 Pack

Can you please advise me does this package come preconfigured and setup ready just to slap into the PC. I'm asking as a friends kid is having to upgrade a crappy H77 Mobo that doesn't play ball with a x380 GFX card and I like the looks of this bundle to replace his kit.

While he has some technical smarts I'm not 100% that hes ready to possibly mess with overclocking this and blow £350 of kit if he gets it wrong. While I will keep him straight I would prefer him to do as much as possible installing his replacement kit.

PS. I'm trying to get him to read the forums more ;)

Associate
It doesn't.
It comes as a big box of parts that you need to put together.
It's not that hard. I think the hardest bit is putting the cooler together. (tip remember that you will need to fit a backplate to the motherboard, so if you don't have an access hole on the motherboard tray, put that on before you bolt it in!)
The overclock is actually pretty easy. Just save the files from the 1st page onto a USB stick, boot into the bios, apply the new bios, wait for it to reboot, then apply the overclock profile. Super easy.
Oh and make sure you have a zap band so you don't fry any of the components.
-J

OcUK Staff
OP
No problem and great!

I saw your post in the cs thread. 1g Grizzley is out of stock but I will see if I have a sample I can pass to Bailey to ship with your bundle.

Otherwise I will find a suitable paste for u don't worry.

Associate
No problem and great!

I saw your post in the cs thread. 1g Grizzley is out of stock but I will see if I have a sample I can pass to Bailey to ship with your bundle.

Otherwise I will find a suitable paste for u don't worry.

Thinking what I would do if I won the lotto, taking the OCuK staff for a pint would be on the list.

Customer service second to none.

Associate
Big thanks 8Pack. All back together and rock solid at 4500mhz.

8Pack%20testing.jpg

Associate
What sort of temp would you expect the CPU to run at on this rig with watercooling or air cooling?
Just want to make sure I'm not getting my temps too high!
-J

Associate
As cool as something like this is... what real advantage is there to buying a non-K i5 over an unlocked i5 if one plans to overclock their CPU anyway? Last I saw, the price gap isn't that much. To me at least. This overclocking is handy for those who might already have locked i5 chips or those who are on a very tight budget. but other than that... surely most folks would just go for the 6600k anyway?

Back
Top Bottom