• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8Packs no BS testing Intel 8700K and Z370 with Delid 5ghz and above available from OCUK.

Associate
I'm thinking of buying a pre-pinned 8700k @5.2ghz, but lets say I need 1.425v to reach it. Is that consider safe for the cpu (i'm thinking 24/7)? I'm sorry in advance if the question has been answered before :)

Soldato
I'm thinking of buying a pre-pinned 8700k @5.2ghz, but lets say I need 1.425v to reach it. Is that consider safe for the cpu (i'm thinking 24/7)? I'm sorry in advance if the question has been answered before :)

Welcome to the forum. :) Yes 8Pack has already said that's safe for a delid chip (all pre-binned chips have a delid), and they also slightly 'over bin' them, so you shouldn't need that many volts I shouldn't think. I run my 5GHz binned chip at 1.296v under load.

Associate
Super impressed with the OCUK delid 5.0ghz 8700K on the Rog Maximus X Hero.

Literally just stuck everything in, enabled XMP and put the clocks at 5.0ghz with 8Pack's recommended settings (haven't fine tuned any voltages yet so it should be running hot) and its pretty flawless. 75C under Realbench stress test and this is all just with a Noctua DH15

EDIT:

I should add, this is with a 'silent' fan profile too! -

Idle: 35-45C
Most games: 50-60C

EDIT2:

Lowered volts. Stable at 1.25v @ 5ghz? OCCT overnight run OK

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys,

I grabbed one of the 5ghz kits and a maximus X a couple weeks ago.

When using the settings here (with avx) aidia64 tests run at 4.8ghz and I have to use LLC7 to keep a stable 5.0ghz OC.

I've set AVX to 0 and I'm still stable with 1.35v LLC7 but as I use my PC to game and stream simultaneously I wonder if I should put the AVX Back to 2? From my understanding the x264 encoder and OBS Studio use avx instructions. Would this hamper my gaming experience and essentially run the CPU all the time at 4.8ghz while I game and stream?
Currently temps hold around 60c at 5ghz with AVX set to 0 whilst runnjng OBS and games would having avx improve or decrease my performance in both OBS or the game?

Soldato
Finally got time to put mine together many weeks later (plus getting an Apex wasn't quick). Very impressed, not sure what 8 Packs recommended settings were but your 4,133mhz mems are a dream mate :) literally hit XMP and sorted... Coming from Ryzen 1800x that feels SO GOOD. No long testing just yet or serious tweaking but seems to be pretty happy at 5.3 with memory 4,133 (not pushed yet), runs several basic bench/tests ok.

Leak testing after another drain and some new copper to craft/delid of the CPU using a classic stanley blade, 1 GPU in only at the moment as I need the shorter bridge/terminal... That and I'm probably going to get tempted by some 1080Ti prices at Black Friday:
5pZyQZQ.jpg

Memory/Cache (its seriously fast stuff):
FofAQYE.png

Some screens, not sure what voltage to believe as setting it at 1.4v AIDA reads more like 1.27v and CPU-Z 1.4ish. Interestingly its virtually on par with my Ryzen with its 16 threads @4.1ghz in R15... Due to the shall we say extreme cooling temps are maxing out around 65-67c under stress.
5i34OWg.png

OcUK Staff
OP
Hey guys,

I grabbed one of the 5ghz kits and a maximus X a couple weeks ago.

When using the settings here (with avx) aidia64 tests run at 4.8ghz and I have to use LLC7 to keep a stable 5.0ghz OC.

I've set AVX to 0 and I'm still stable with 1.35v LLC7 but as I use my PC to game and stream simultaneously I wonder if I should put the AVX Back to 2? From my understanding the x264 encoder and OBS Studio use avx instructions. Would this hamper my gaming experience and essentially run the CPU all the time at 4.8ghz while I game and stream?
Currently temps hold around 60c at 5ghz with AVX set to 0 whilst runnjng OBS and games would having avx improve or decrease my performance in both OBS or the game?
Just run avx offset at 0 and play your games!!

Soldato
My 8Pack 3600 kit is running very nicely at 4000 18,19,19,39 now with 1.375v, but refuses to boot at 4133. I just copied the timings from the other kits at the applicable speeds and then booted up. Can't complain at that! I've got 6 instances of HCI running overnight but all clear so far. Fantastic hardware tbf. I think I worked out why my 8Pack binned CPU was hitting a weird wall at 5.2 also - I'd set the CPU voltage limit to 140 instead of the CPU current limit to 140%. Doh! Still, I've left it at 5GHz while I play with the RAM, as it doesn't get pushed very hard anyway and I doubt I'd notice any real world difference anyway 99% of the time.

@Smffy That's a sweet cooling setup. :D

Associate
My 8Pack 3600 kit is running very nicely at 4000 18,19,19,39 now with 1.375v, but refuses to boot at 4133. I just copied the timings from the other kits at the applicable speeds and then booted up. Can't complain at that! I've got 6 instances of HCI running overnight but all clear so far. Fantastic hardware tbf. I think I worked out why my 8Pack binned CPU was hitting a weird wall at 5.2 also - I'd set the CPU voltage limit to 140 instead of the CPU current limit to 140%. Doh! Still, I've left it at 5GHz while I play with the RAM, as it doesn't get pushed very hard anyway and I doubt I'd notice any real world difference anyway 99% of the time.

You are using a 4 dimm board?

Associate
As per sig it's an Asus RoG Maximus Hero X. Four slots, half occupied with 2x 8GB. :)

ETA: Spoke too soon. 1 error on some of my 6 HCI instances after a few hundred percent... I'll knock it back to stock and do some reading up tomorrow.
Ah I cant see it on my phone. You are limited by the board, those sticks can do 4133+ quite easily. 4500 on Apex even.

Soldato
My 8Pack 3600 kit is running very nicely at 4000 18,19,19,39 now with 1.375v, but refuses to boot at 4133. I just copied the timings from the other kits at the applicable speeds and then booted up. Can't complain at that! I've got 6 instances of HCI running overnight but all clear so far. Fantastic hardware tbf.

Thanks, it’s nice and a lot of work went in to it... still not finished :)

Nice, just noticed I screen grabbed mine with the mem at TR2 and all the CPUz screens the same one lol! Something to fix later on... might try pushing the memory to 4500 also.

Associate
Can I just set 1.35v and 5.0Ghz or do I need to tinker with all the other settings too?

not 100% sure I have heard of many of these...bit out of my depth tbh!

Vcore 1.35
Dram voltage 1.375
Io 1.2
Sa 1.22
Cpu standby 1.2
Xmp
Avx offset 2
Load line level 5-6
Current cap 140%

Back
Top Bottom