• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
But nothing is crystal clear, if an etailor decided to refuse it could be a battle and certainly not nice for the customer at all, even if they did win the case in the end.

My point is the etailor needs to make this simple and easy for the customer, in short amazing customer service should the customer want a refund.

We are working on a solution that gives that, amazing customer service, OcUK will make it happen and I want it done by tomorrow. :)

Is that the same amazing customer service I got when you sent me a broken monitor without a stand, ignored all of my web notes then short changed me on the refund?

Tbh? Using OCUK the other day was just as bad as the last time I used you about three years ago.

But nothing is crystal clear, if an etailor decided to refuse it could be a battle and certainly not nice for the customer at all, even if they did win the case in the end.

My point is the etailor needs to make this simple and easy for the customer, in short amazing customer service should the customer want a refund.

We are working on a solution that gives that, amazing customer service, OcUK will make it happen and I want it done by tomorrow. :)

Great to hear Gibbo. This is what keeps me coming back to you guys for PC gear. I'll look forward to the conclusion tomorrow!

How is this going to be announced and at what time please?

I'm seriously considering sending mine back if that's an option I am really not happy about this whole situation and after a very long streak of Nvidia cards I am seriously considering either parting out my PC and getting a console or at the very least getting an AMD GPU but even at this point that's a dilemma as AMD have new cards around the corner

On the forum in this thread, there is no time, it will come at some point fingers crossed tomorrow and that is the best I can offer.

I found the following video on youtube which shows stutter on Farcry 4. The video was uploaded back on Novermber 2014 when no one even knew or suspected that a gtx 970 could be the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQvwBd7NqbU

The game is using 3.8GB and I have no doubt now that its the memory bandwidth of the gtx 970 that is the problem, not the hyper threading as the video uploader suspected.

Is that the same amazing customer service I got when you sent me a broken monitor without a stand, ignored all of my web notes then short changed me on the refund?

Tbh? Using OCUK the other day was just as bad as the last time I used you about three years ago.

You purchased a b grade item, and it b grade does have it issues, apologies for that. But you should have being refunded full amount, drop a post in CS showing my reply here to make sure you get full amount plus your shipping cost.

But yes the great customer service where you can post on a forum, not get your post deleted and receive answers out of business hours, that in my book is top notch customer service. :)

I found the following video on youtube which shows stutter on Farcry 4. The video was uploaded back on Novermber 2014 when no one even knew or suspected that a gtx 970 could be the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQvwBd7NqbU

The game is using 3.8GB and I have no doubt now that its the memory bandwidth of the gtx 970 that is the problem, not the hyper threading as the video uploader suspected.

It's already being posted in this thread that far cry 4 is having issues on all platforms. The game that is definetely having an issue on the 970 is Dying Light.

Seriously absolutely rubbish, in 99% of games if gives incredible FPS and silky smooth performance. If what you say is true there would be hundreds of threads alone on this forum, there is not.

That's why I said at times. I've been posting about it way before this vram issue arouse. Geforce driver forum has been bashing on about it for ages. I can only comment on the findings of my 970.
I've had to restart my PC at times to get my fps back up to normal as it drops.

Which is the best 980 boys :D *just in case*

I bought my 970 on release day with the plan of sli 4k this year, I would have gone 980 if I had known about the memory

You purchased a b grade item, and it b grade does have it issues, apologies for that. But you should have being refunded full amount, drop a post in CS showing my reply here to make sure you get full amount plus your shipping cost.

But yes the great customer service where you can post on a forum, not get your post deleted and receive answers out of business hours, that in my book is top notch customer service. :)

I got suspended a long time ago here for being mad at ocuk, i think i had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement mobo that came with broken bits.. but that was at least 9 years ago. :p

As a gesture of goodwill all unhappy 970 customers who bought their 970 before all this came out should be offered a free upgrade to a 980 after returning their 970.

Of course it would cost them but it definately would appease Nvidia's disgruntled fanbase.

? for Gibbo, how this work, if i decided to return card.
bought giga G1, week later added waterblock both from here.

warranty out of window if have fitted block?
if returned card, oc take block back as well?

more i read on this, feel robbed, above was bought to go with xmas 144mhz monitor i got.
last 4 weeks £700+ outlay on 3 items to find out all this, bit of a bummer for us all.
this will deffo tell the good retailers from the bad, when loads start getting returned.

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to upgrade to a 980 after this, I would want some form of good will gesture and the cards advertised correctly in the future or a full refund

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to upgrade to a 980 after this, I would want some form of good will gesture and the cards advertised correctly in the future or a full refund

what would the gesture of goodwill be? surely you dont want another ubisoft game!

nvidia slippers? :o

First, thanks for the reply while you are Home - you should leave work at work! - but, like I, bet you can't :).

This is why I didnt want to say anything, my experience of returns with you guys is top notch. But there is a very big sticky wicket with this and it could fall into a complete mess if people feel done over. And if people decided to take things further, the costs involved by all would be horrific.

With my Card, my RMA (for a refund) was arranged before this info broke out (I've been out of the Country for Xmas and the new year, hence its just being sent back now) and I have to say you guys have been great this time round too. As soon as the money hits my CC, I will be ordering a GTX980 and maybe one of the new IPS g-sync monitors. It almost seems silly for you guys to credit my card :).

Anyway, have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom