• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
? for Gibbo, how this work, if i decided to return card.
bought giga G1, week later added waterblock both from here.

warranty out of window if have fitted block?
if returned card, oc take block back as well?

more i read on this, feel robbed, above was bought to go with xmas 144mhz monitor i got.
last 4 weeks £700+ outlay on 3 items to find out all this, bit of a bummer for us all.
this will deffo tell the good retailers from the bad, when loads start getting returned.

If you had to break any warranty void stickers then it won't be accepted. If we get a solution then Gigabyte will be aware of potential returns and as such when time is here email gigabyte and they might be able to sort you out on the card side.

But not much we can do when a product has being modified.

Of course if no warranty sticks have being breached and you can put it back to stock so no one is the wiser then I see no issue with a return.

If your not overclocking the £399 one is unbeatable.

What is the best option on water? Looking for a reference PCB so I can have the only EK CSQ available. :D The MSI one looks pretty tempting. Don't know if the £399 has a modified PCB or not though. :confused:

Edit: all dependent on if refunds are issued. If I had known about the issue I would have just coughed up a little more tbh.

Last edited:
I've been reviewing Dying Light on my SLI 970s and it runs awful. Stutter fest and when you look left or right the framerate just plummets. Also, when the game is supposedly running at 120fps, it feels like 20.

SLI profile is buggy over 1080p, the draw distance is the thing tanking performance. I'm writing up a benchmark and doing charts atm.

You purchased a b grade item, and it b grade does have it issues, apologies for that. But you should have being refunded full amount, drop a post in CS showing my reply here to make sure you get full amount plus your shipping cost.

But yes the great customer service where you can post on a forum, not get your post deleted and receive answers out of business hours, that in my book is top notch customer service. :)

Gibbo Totally agree!!

I am just as peeed as every other 970 buyer due to Nvidias lack of honest from the start which would have effected many individuals decision to buy this card including my own. Unfortunately we deal with the etailer so OCUK end up getting all of the **** from the customers, But reading the forum you are trying your best to get this sorted. quickly. Its a shame we cant contact Nvidia directly like we can you and give them the **** not OCUK to force a final decision etailers are to follow.

Hopefully the decision is something that all of us really want in the end

You purchased a b grade item, and it b grade does have it issues, apologies for that. But you should have being refunded full amount, drop a post in CS showing my reply here to make sure you get full amount plus your shipping cost.

But yes the great customer service where you can post on a forum, not get your post deleted and receive answers out of business hours, that in my book is top notch customer service. :)

B grade from overclockers is a lottery there needs to be more attention paid to what they send to customers.

The ones designed for overclocking are Matrix Platinum and KFA2 HOF.

If they offered a 980 then no one would keep the 970 even people who are happy with the 970 and have no intention of sending it back.

Compensation, free games, free upgrades will not be happening because then every 970 owner would go for it, in short take the mick and abuse the offer.

Last edited:
As a gesture of goodwill all unhappy 970 customers who bought their 970 before all this came out should be offered a free upgrade to a 980 after returning their 970.

Of course it would cost them but it definately would appease Nvidia's disgruntled fanbase.

I seen people suggest this,but its lunacy honestly.Its not something people should be seriously suggesting.

Even if nvidia went crazy and done it,can you imagine the problems it would cause.Basscially every single 970 owner would take the free upgrade.It would take months and months to actually implement due to the sheer numbers involved and never mind finding a way to mass produce that many 980's in reasonable timeframe.
Then you would have 980 buyers up in arms.

Its lunacy and will never happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom