• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still waiting unfortunately.

But we can announce already, that we will take back the OcUK branded 970, the one with genuine 970 cooler should customers wish to return, because for us customer is king. We are working on solutions for card owners of other brands. We won't leave you alone, our customers are king. :)

Bear in mind though the 970 is a truly fantastic product and the stuttering issues people are experiencing, many are also experiencing on other GPU's as well, so just driver issues.

How about the Infinity cards that you were involved with? Does that fall under OcUK branding?

Makes me wonder how EVGA can afford a step-up program in the first place, all those cards that get returned etc, they can't all be sold on as 'B Grade.'

My guess is they will be held back so that over the next few years when somebodys card fails they can be sent a "refurbished" card from the pool.

I think if this gest sorted out im just gonna suck up the extra heat and power consumption and dump 2 x 8GB 290x cards in the frigging thing.

My mate just dumped 2 290x 8gb pcs+ into his machine and i think the main benefit is vram should never be a concern where as with 4gb cards who knows what the future will bring.

My mate just dumped 2 290x 8gb pcs+ into his machine and i think the main benefit is vram should never be a concern where as with 4gb cards who knows what the future will bring.
What's the power consumption requirements of those? Would an 850W PSU handle it with an OC'd 5820k? Heat is a concern also, especially in my H440!

i hope we wont have an issue were NVidia say nothing and its left to the manufacturers? whilst its great stuff for Evga customers surely this has to force others to do the same ?

I'm sure if all board partners follow EVGA (I doubt it tbh) and take the hit Nvidia will be hearing about it. They won't be happy and I'm sure something will be worked out.

Good stuff by OcUK, they're obviously thinking of the bigger picture, what with the amount of new accounts people have been posting from and links to other forums (thus increasing traffic), well done :)

Our sister company Caseking in Berlin is doing the same, taking cards back and putting customer first. :)

Hope to have a solution for all brands by end of today.

It's not my biggest concern , but it's one less thing to worry about and monitor ... Fire away at any res and jobs a good un . I wanted to leave the machine till pascal produced something , may have not been the wisest first choice but I flusher now anyway so I think it's worth the extra outlay concidering

How about the Infinity cards that you were involved with? Does that fall under OcUK branding?

I can also announce already that anyone with a KFA/Galax card, this also includes the Infinity card can return the card if the customer wishes, because again our customers are kings. :)

Please bear in mind the following:
• There is no issue with the 970 product, this is by design from NVIDIA in the 970 GPU
• There is approx. £150 delta in the price of the 970 vs. the 980
• There is only a 3% performance delta of the 970 vs. the 980

In short the 970 remains the amazing product it has always being, nothing has changed, stuttering issues are an issue across all GPU's and drivers will of course be released in the future to help remedy such issues across all GPU's.

Some performance stats:
In order to try and assist further we have included some performance data below so that you can see actual testing results between the GTX 970 and the GTX 980.

Shadows of Mordor: GTX 980 GTX970
<3.5GB settings: 2688x1512 Very High 72FPS 60FPS
>3.5GB settings: 3456x1944 Very High 55FPS (24%) 45FPS (-25%)
Relative performance difference: 1%

Battlefield 4:
<3.5GB settings: 3840x2160 2xMSAA 36FS 30FPS
>3.5GB settings: 3840x2160 135% res. 19FPS (-47%) 15FPS (-50%)
Relative performance difference: 3%

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare:
<3.5GB settings: 3840x2160 FSMAA T2x, SS off 82FPS 71FPS
>3.5GB settings: 3840x2160 FSMAA T2x, SS on 48FPS (-41%) 40FPS (-44%)

As you can see above the relative performance difference varies from 1% in Shadows of Mordor, to 3% in Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The performance differences between a 970 and 980 in the above examples remain a constant 15-19%, regardless of memory usage.

I hope that the above information helps clarify the performance from the GTX 970. Please let us know if you do want to continue with a step-up on your product for the higher performing GTX 980 card, and we'll get that option opened up for you.

Still if you wish to return your Galax/KFA2/OcUK 970 you can still do so, please contact our returns for the procedure.

Nvidia (unofficial response)
"We know people are angry at us, we get it!
So as a gesture of goodwill we will be compensating people with a free copy of Ubisoft's new title 'The Division'..
I hope you are all happy with this, although saying that, The Division is a very graphic hungry game and you will need a graphic card with a minimum of 4gb!.

Ooooops"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom