• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbo,

You may remember my posts latish last night. My Infinity Card is on it's way back to you guys as we speak (I had an existing RMA prior to this info breaking).

It is my intention to go with a GTX980 and you may remember me asking you about the Best Card to OC. To save a refund then buying new, can I just pay the difference to what ever GTX980 I pick?

F.Y.I RMA RMA274295

Thanks in advance.

Hello there

On this RMA we would have to process a refund and then place a new order I am afraid.

I hope this doesn't cause an issue

Bailey

Any word on the Asus strix 970. I bought it from another retailer but wanted to know if nvidia had told companys that they could accept returns on the cards.

Thanks

It is down to company's to really speak with board partners and take action.

I am acting more so than any one else, hence why OcUK is the first to be announcing procedures as our customer service is simply better than our competitors. Customer is king! :)

Doesn't make sense to me, if theres nothing wrong with the 970s, and thats how they were designed, then what are they fixing, when there is nothing to be fixed, and why are they not telling everyone whos kicking up a fuss about crippling performance when going over 3.5GB to do one ?

Because at the end of the day the issue they can't hide up the carpet that information for the product details was misinforming/not accurate. Thats the law breaker.

I am acting more so than any one else, hence why OcUK is the first to be announcing procedures as our customer service is simply better than our competitors. Customer is king! :)

So anything for your Inno3d customers?

I actually sold one of my 780s DC2s for more than it cost me new over a year ago

seriously
Yep, i suspect i could easily make back what i paid for both mine on here. But i cant be bothered with the hassle of auctions. Besides theres nothing worth moving to at present, xfire 290/x simply isnt an option on my board as the temps would be too high.

customer is king sort rebates out then.

im tempted to start this going on videos media sites now and through other ways .

im not happy with your card still works.

Any idea if the 8gb 290x MSI or Powercolour is better? If I can return my gigabyte might order a crossfire set.

PCS+ is huge, so needs very big spacing to fit them in and the cooler is superior.

The MSI is narrower so does not need such huge spacing between cards.

Are OCUK going to change the specs for all the 970s product pages? Be interesting to see what the actual specs Nvidia provide will be.

Any word from MSI Gibbo? Really hoping the rest of the manufacturers will follow suit. Particularly as MSI tries to uphold a good rep on the customer services side.

As you can see above the relative performance difference varies from 1% in Shadows of Mordor, to 3% in Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The performance differences between a 970 and 980 in the above examples remain a constant 15-19%, regardless of memory usage.

I hope that the above information helps clarify the performance from the GTX 970. Please let us know if you do want to continue with a step-up on your product for the higher performing GTX 980 card, and we'll get that option opened up for you.

Still if you wish to return your Galax/KFA2/OcUK 970 you can still do so, please contact our returns for the procedure.

I get a feel for the place that this has put OcUK and belive me, I don't want to be "that guy" but as mentioned way back in that thread, the average FPS stats don't mean that much at all now regarding +/- 3.5Gb since you can still be running at 50 FPS but feel like 20.

I do agree that at 1080p the card more than fits the bill but going over that I do think that you may be pushed to encounter the problem (If the drivers don't do much) when more next gen titles are released.

I'm gaming at 2560x1080 and have definitely encountered stuttering in CoD:AW, at the time I thought it was a memory leak lol. I had planned to keep this card for a while too but now it's not looking like it wasn't the best option when I bought it. With the Witcher 3 coming out pretty soon, I was planning on pushing the cards limits, but again, with high res textures I don't think the card will fully be up to it.

The plan when I bought it was future-proof but it doesn't seem to be the case any more.

I do want to say a mahoosive thank you for fighting for your customers happiness though. OcUK to the rescue. I'd definitely buy you a pint, or a fizzy pop, whichever you prefer.

Are OCUK going to change the specs for all the 970s product pages? Be interesting to see what the actual specs Nvidia provide will be.

Well the spec is correct, of course if NVIDIA or board partners decide to make changes, we will at the same time.

what will be the option if you keep the card ? any rebate refund ?

Please note this is NOT directed at you, just my opinion on this question (as others have suggested it)

Anything other than a refund is totally unreasonable, if your unhappy with the card and the situation then try and get a refund and buy something else, if you’re keeping the card when there are other options out there for similar or less cost than your clearly not that unhappy with the product.

Otherwise everyone and their dog will be asking be expecting stuff regardless of whether they are happy or not, and as it appears it’s the retailers taking the hit right now and not the cause of the problem that’s just blatant greed.

My Asus STRIX seems worst out of every one I've seen here. Starts to die off at 2.9gb :( Can't be the system holding it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom